HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #196

I believe you need to have a local C.C link up in order to topup and use the Wechat wallet.
Not CC, it is local RMB account, otherwise Ppl can draw money from Credit Card.
HoGnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:47 PM   #197

I just linked my local credit card to my wechat account.
If I get my friend to send me a angbao or pay those carousell service to send me money, will I be able to use the credit as a normal wallet when I am in china and pay for services?
or will the money be stuck inside but cannot spend until u link a china credit card with a china phone number?
orangemonkey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:25 PM   #198
Great Supremacy Member

I just linked my local credit card to my wechat account.
If I get my friend to send me a angbao or pay those carousell service to send me money, will I be able to use the credit as a normal wallet when I am in china and pay for services?
or will the money be stuck inside but cannot spend until u link a china credit card with a china phone number?
you can spend normally when in china

as long as the option appears
Old 06-09-2018, 10:31 PM   #199

Hi All

I looked through this thread and some other threads, i can't seem to get a clarification on these issues

Q1- using singapore downloaded app wechat or alipay, can we get someone to send RMB to the app (wallet?) and just use the app to pay for food and stuff like the local chinese.
That person has to have a china mobile phone?

Q2 - can link singapore credit card to wechat or alipay?

I dont' want to open china account or keep china mobile phone.

someone ( i don't know well) told me that i can buy value cards in convenience stores (7-11 type) like mobile phone cards and top up the wallet in the app and then it's like cash, can just scan and pay in china and the locals

after all these days of googling....still i can't seem to find any info for tourist to use mobile payments in china!!! please help. thank you!!!
st2shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:42 AM   #200

Most places in China will still take cash. As tourists, mobile payment platform are not necessary. It's helpful, convenient definitely, but not necessary.

Similar to how if a tourist comes to Singapore; no local sim,no ride hailing app,no ezlink card, no PayLah/NetsPay.
absolut777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:56 AM   #201
Supremacy Member

If Visa / MasterCard applications are so difficult, they would have up lorry & not used worldwide.

Well some may say it is successful but that’s local.
Even Malaysian WeChat Pay can’t use in China .
It would be a big joke if Visa / MasterCard cards have such issues.
Mergui219067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #202
Master Member

Most places in China will still take cash. As tourists, mobile payment platform are not necessary. It's helpful, convenient definitely, but not necessary.

Similar to how if a tourist comes to Singapore; no local sim,no ride hailing app,no ezlink card, no PayLah/NetsPay.
Most places now in China accept we chat or alipay, etc. Cash they accept but no change.

Whereas in Singapore most already start accepting we chat pay, alipay, etc. So is convenient to them as tourist in Singapore but not for tourist when in China.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
yhw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #203

Just use cash or a unionpay credit card. Iím currently in China (Guangzhou), and no one has rejected cash payment.

But do download WeChat. Itís extremely useful for ordering food and getting a queue number for restaurants.
galacticnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:53 AM   #204

Just use cash or a unionpay credit card. Iím currently in China (Guangzhou), and no one has rejected cash payment.

But do download WeChat. Itís extremely useful for ordering food and getting a queue number for restaurants.
Hi
Any reason you're suggesting to use Unionpay credit card?

Have wechat but hardly use that, most friends and contacts are on whatsapp

I have been using samsung pay for a while now...i have credit cards set up there and also GPay.

I think it has become a habit now, I don't have to go through the hassle of looking into my handbag to dig out my wallet to get my card. I use credit for everything here in Singapore... but overseas use there's the exchange rate misc charge etc

I thought for travelling using mobile payment RMB for street food and small price items is very convenient, not having to show any money figuring out which is what how much?!?!
st2shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:34 PM   #205
Supremacy Member

The only convenient app to use in China is their cab hailing app Didi Chuxing. It links to your credit card and use it as how Grab/Uber does. Simple.

But for Wechat and Alipay is still a hurdle. If regular visitor, trader, business, working in China, of course will keep a China number, open a China bank account, have a China address. Why would a 5-day trip tourist do the above mentioned?? These one-off tourist is better off paying in cash.
madcampus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #206

Use sg debit card can.. carousell got 1 guy teach for $5.. he helped me.. but i forgot how liaoz..
Ghost^recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:13 AM   #207
Supremacy Member

These China products believe they are really the ‘central of the world’ ( 中国 ).

They don’t bother to link up with others so that all of us can use them like Visa / MasterCard.
Mergui219067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #208
Master Member

These China products believe they are really the Ďcentral of the worldí ( 中国 ).

They donít bother to link up with others so that all of us can use them like Visa / MasterCard.
Agreed. They expected the whole world to follow them. They don't care your $$$. As they are the big spender.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #209

because a lot of places in China do not accept visa/master, it is more likely they accept your unionpay card, and for the BOC Zaobao card you get 5% rebate with minimum 600SGD spending in a calendar month.
yiwei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #210
Master Member

because a lot of places in China do not accept visa/master, it is more likely they accept your unionpay card, and for the BOC Zaobao card you get 5% rebate with minimum 600SGD spending in a calendar month.
It is that they don't believe in using credit card. They prefer hard cash. But now prefer using wechat pay, alipay, etc..

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT
yhw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.