HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2018, 07:35 PM   #256

Ooohh...So there seems to be no limit if we are using credit/debit cards (debit if one is able to link their sg dc to the account). Thank you for that info (*notes down*).

Erm...Any idea of the limit for the wallet if not using cc/dc, cos I got some change in the wallet due to red packets/ transfers received? Scared that the balance will be over the usage limit. I've been searching on the net, but there seems to be 2 kinds of limit for the wallet, first is the everyday can take out $1000, every month max $2000. Second is the $1000/lifetime limit. Not sure which one is correct...Anyone knows? Also not very sure which tier is one's wallet...Anyone knows how to check this also?
hello! did u managed to clarify your situation yet?
i am currently in SH now and i realised i am edging towards the 1K limit and i have personally tested that i cannot make payment or transfer any amount once the value exceeds 1k.

now i got some balance amount in my Wallet and i am kinda stuck on what is my next steps (since i wont be able to open a china bank account too)

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 14-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #257

im scared wechat wallet $ wipe out someday. see what happen to fan bing bing lol
littlehappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 02:05 PM   #258

I read that ctrip has been rebranded internationally to trip.com?

Having a free and easy China with some friends next month so in the midst of considering trip.com for accommodation and train bookings.

Was in Beijing awhile back , saw everyone using meituan / dazhong for food and ticket discounts , very gian but still making no headway after researching for the entire past week.

Heard from those carousell top up sellers that I can use alipay (register with passport) to link with dazhong then do a top up via them but they themselves not sure if i will encounter any issues in china.

Not a good idea to be stuck with few thousands RMB in ewallet and no way to spend !

Interested to figure this out though as I should be heading to Beijing again in feb/ march

Any experts around? Willing to pay a small fee to have everything set up swee swee
The prices are better in ctrip compared to trip.com. I used the Chinese language in ctrip app and paid in CNY. Dazhong requires local id and phone number and also I cannot find the alipay link in the app.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Taurus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #259

The prices are better in ctrip compared to trip.com. I used the Chinese language in ctrip app and paid in CNY. Dazhong requires local id and phone number and also I cannot find the alipay link in the app.

crap

10char
my_SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 01:18 PM   #260

crap

10char
Just realised that if you managed to create your wechat wallet, you will be able to connect to dazhong etc. When you go into the wallet

Old 17-10-2018, 06:00 AM   #261

When making payments, did you top up your wechat account prior to purchase or the amount was deducted from your credit cards?

My experience was that i am not able to use the credit cards stored in my wechat account to pay, but i can get 3rd party to transfer RMB to my wechat account for me to make purchase.

Hey there, quick question, just wondering where do you go for legit and trustworthy 3rd party with decent rates? Thanks!
Piano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 08:04 AM   #262

Hey there, quick question, just wondering where do you go for legit and trustworthy 3rd party with decent rates? Thanks!
I Google it. Then tried a smaller sum before top up with bigger sum.

david_yyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 08:05 AM   #263

Just realised that if you managed to create your wechat wallet, you will be able to connect to dazhong etc. When you go into the wallet

Sorry, what is dazhong?

david_yyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #264
Great Supremacy Member

maybe i should consider being a money changer via wechat
Old 17-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #265

Sorry, what is dazhong?

Dazhongdianping 大众点评

Old 17-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #266

Singapore’s Nets in talks with WeChat to enable mobile payments in China
https://sc.mp/2yHM59b
Old 17-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #267
Arch-Supremacy Member

That's good news. Hope it goes through.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #268
Supremacy Member

Why not Visa or MasterCard linked to WeChat Pay ?

Many many more in many countries would benefit.
Mergui219067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #269
Supremacy Member

Still don't understand why are they taking so long and difficult for foreigners/tourists to use wechat/Alipay in China?? The technology and infrastructure is there already. Maybe it's a issue of who should get the bigger pie?
madcampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 02:49 PM   #270

Still don't understand why are they taking so long and difficult for foreigners/tourists to use wechat/Alipay in China?? The technology and infrastructure is there already. Maybe it's a issue of who should get the bigger pie?
Probably because there has not been any big incentive to offer cashless payment to foreign tourists when domestic tourists contribute the lion's share of transaction volume in China. There is also the thing about central control of the banking sector. State banks have to be in control of the money supply.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.