Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2018, 08:11 PM   #271
Supremacy Member

The revenge when PRCs go overseas.

https://www.scmp.com/tech/innovation...-wechat-mobile

Still don't understand why are they taking so long and difficult for foreigners/tourists to use wechat/Alipay in China?? The technology and infrastructure is there already. Maybe it's a issue of who should get the bigger pie?
Mergui219067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 06:12 AM   #272

I Google it. Then tried a smaller sum before top up with bigger sum.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Which website did you use?Since its legit and works, I prob will try that too?
Piano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 02:37 AM   #273

Can i check if we can top up the WeChat wallet at convenience stores like 7-eleven / lawsons?
guwester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 12:07 AM   #274

Anyone know a trustworthy site to top up my wechat wallet? Or anyone here is kind enough to help?
kcatissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 08:58 AM   #275
Supremacy Member

Just saw the AXS app have a option of topping/buying Alipay purchase card. Anyone tried then use in China?
madcampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 04:45 PM   #276

hello! did u managed to clarify your situation yet?
i am currently in SH now and i realised i am edging towards the 1K limit and i have personally tested that i cannot make payment or transfer any amount once the value exceeds 1k.

now i got some balance amount in my Wallet and i am kinda stuck on what is my next steps (since i wont be able to open a china bank account too)

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Hi all!

anyone managed to upgrade their payment limit to advise me on my options? thanks!
Old 21-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #277
Great Supremacy Member

Still don't understand why are they taking so long and difficult for foreigners/tourists to use wechat/Alipay in China?? The technology and infrastructure is there already. Maybe it's a issue of who should get the bigger pie?
It's because they want to account for your source of money .

I have a bank account there, got notification recently that I have to declare my source of income before 31st dec or risk the account having problems in the future

The next trip went I go China, I need to fill in that form and submit to branch of the bank which I open account with. Need to declare that I'm paying tax in sg also . Not simple

Their alipay /wechat is simple too use but a lot of money laundering also based on that. Online betting, etc.
seowbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #278

I feel that its not worthwhile to use 3rd apps to buy wechat credit. The exchange rate sucks! This is what you can do instead: Open a dual currency account with ICBC (Singapore). They will give you a RMB account and SGD account. You can do your money exchange anywhere else and enjoy good exchange rate like 5.03% now. Deposit the RMB into ICBC directly. They accept RMB cash. When you fly to china, you can withdraw RMB there and deposit to your china bank directly. Or, you can withdraw money there and ask the hotel staff to pay you credit and you pay them the cash.
ngml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #279

Haha back to cash is king for tourists. Just rem to bring more cash.

It's because they want to account for your source of money .

I have a bank account there, got notification recently that I have to declare my source of income before 31st dec or risk the account having problems in the future

The next trip went I go China, I need to fill in that form and submit to branch of the bank which I open account with. Need to declare that I'm paying tax in sg also . Not simple

Their alipay /wechat is simple too use but a lot of money laundering also based on that. Online betting, etc.
juxtaposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #280
Supremacy Member

True.
Just keep some small change + more bigger notes.
還是一路通 .

This type of PRC payment is valid for China travel mostly .
Once we don’t go China, it is almost worthless.

The world out there is with Visa & MasterCard.

Haha back to cash is king for tourists. Just rem to bring more cash.
Mergui219067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #281
Great Supremacy Member

personally i think it is still worth the effort to open a bank account in china

i don't visit china often, personal trip the most twice a year + biz trip comes up to total maybe 4 trips only

however, my main spending via this account is for taobao
better than go through ezbuy or go thru taobao payment gateway ( i think they charge 1.5% extra)

Usually i will perform remittance to top up. the rate used is in fact better than money changer (provided you remitt a bigger amount like 2k on average) .
Old 23-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #282
Supremacy Member

http://str.sg/ohQM

Another day, another news of Singapore retailers accepting wechat payment. Again, no reciprocal plans whatsoever for Singaporeans to use Wechat in their homeground. What the hell is this man??
madcampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2018, 08:37 AM   #283

This is about they-don't-give-a-d*mn with foreign tourists.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #284

True

Else why we cannot even use foreign issues visa n MasterCard there.

This is about they-don't-give-a-d*mn with foreign tourists.
juxtaposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #285

Hi all!

anyone managed to upgrade their payment limit to advise me on my options? thanks!
for some reasons, i tried again 2 days ago and my limit was lifted!
so i could use my wallet again
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.