HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2017, 12:22 AM   #16
Master Member

so troublesome & i read nowadays can't survive without these mobile payment in china ... sighz
It's really troublesome without these payment methods.
Their local Uber also needs a local China mobile number too.
The drivers usually will call you looking for you.
Old 19-11-2017, 06:30 AM   #17
Master Member

yeah... I think it all changed in July 2017 (or relatively recently). My colleague tried to send me ang bao for spending money but it just didn't work because I don't have a China Bank account linked.

When I pay my colleagues in cash after lunch, they laughed and said they haven't seen cash being used for quite a long time.
zzxxzzxx likes this.
jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #18

Talking

yeah... I think it all changed in July 2017 (or relatively recently). My colleague tried to send me ang bao for spending money but it just didn't work because I don't have a China Bank account linked.

When I pay my colleagues in cash after lunch, they laughed and said they haven't seen cash being used for quite a long time.
I am a frequent visitor to China.
Cash is still the only thing being used as security deposit by some hotels and is still accepted in most places.

Some merchants accept alipay not wechat.
Then if you are taking public bus transport and do not have the local transport card, you have to pay by cash and no change will be provided.

I usually use wechat wallet to pay/receive, sometimes will use alipay to pay if the merchant don't accept wechat. Then I also keep 2 pieces 50 RMB and a few 10 RMB and many 5 RMB and 1 RMB notes for those that don't take wechat or alipay.

Some merchants also participate in the wechat ang bao store where you get 2 ang baos each time you visit a participating merchant. Then you also can steal ang baos from your wechat friends. The next time you visit same merchant and spends 5 RMB, you can open the ang baos (up to 6) and keep the money.

Last edited by ChaOrEn; 19-11-2017 at 05:08 PM..
ChaOrEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #19

So in short meaning Singaporeans can't use alipay or wechat at all ?
Taxiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2017, 05:23 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any methods to set up?
nats7798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #21

So in short meaning Singaporeans can't use alipay or wechat at all ?
Can use wechat wallet just that you need a China mobile number when setting it up, and you cant link to your bank cards issued in SG. So you have to top up using 3rd party service.

david_yyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:18 AM   #22

Can use wechat wallet just that you need a China mobile number when setting it up, and you cant link to your bank cards issued in SG. So you have to top up using 3rd party service.
Hi david, does this apply to alipay too? I do have a china number but no china bank account. With mobile number is good enough to go? Alipay can use axs to top up? As for wechat use third party (or china friend) to top up. Is that correct?
Alwaysb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #23

Hi david, does this apply to alipay too? I do have a china number but no china bank account. With mobile number is good enough to go? Alipay can use axs to top up? As for wechat use third party (or china friend) to top up. Is that correct?
No for alipay though. Yes, use 3rd party to top up wechat wallet

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT
david_yyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:20 AM   #24

I am planned to visit China, I've set up Alipay in Singapore using DBS Credit Card with a Singapore phone Number and Alipay Verified my Account. I will try to use it and see.

Just go to https://www.alipay.com/
Old 11-12-2017, 02:05 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

I am planned to visit China, I've set up Alipay in Singapore using DBS Credit Card with a Singapore phone Number and Alipay Verified my Account. I will try to use it and see.

Just go to https://www.alipay.com/
The Alipay Singapore account cannot be use in China. Please read the FAQ on the SG website.
zzxxzzxx likes this.
madcampus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:48 PM   #26
Supremacy Member

how to get a bank account in china?
vofzxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #27

I managed to link my Citibank card to wechat wallet. Although it cannot top up, but i can now receive red packet from others.
ngml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 06:04 PM   #28

how to get a bank account in china?
Why not walk in directly to a branch?
I never face any issue with it.
vofzxy likes this.
ChaOrEn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 11:56 PM   #29
Supremacy Member

Why not walk in directly to a branch?
I never face any issue with it.
I SEE ~~!!!!!

actually i was told i needed a china mobile number to start a bank account right?
vofzxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #30

The Alipay Singapore account cannot be use in China. Please read the FAQ on the SG website.
update, the Alipay that created and linked to Singapore Credit card cannot pay on daily usage initially, since it does not linked to a debit card, but you can ask other Alipay user to transfer money to your Alipay account, after that, you can use those money to pay daily usage.
comex_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.