HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2018, 12:16 PM   #316

No point with WeChat Pay MY or SG when we can’t use in China .
So just use WeChat China Wallet and live with the limitations which is quite okay for normal usage because many vendors can accept WeChat Ang Bao. I believe you can also pay the vendors by scanning the bar codes using the Ballance in your account but I have not tried to do that yet. I will try that in a month’s time.

1. For users who have not yet completed real name authentication:
They can't use WeChat Pay, the limit is 0.
the limits for red packet made using your balance for each transaction are 200 RMB, and can up to 1000 RMB per day and 2000 RMB per month.

Last edited by xiaofan; 23-11-2018 at 12:20 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #317

I have created Wallet on my wechat, but, only my china colleague can give me the angbao(wechat cash), how could I TOP up the wechat cash on my own. The local bank accounts and credit card don’t seemed to work. Please advise, thanks.
vuzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2018, 01:00 PM   #318

I have created Wallet on my wechat, but, only my china colleague can give me the angbao(wechat cash), how could I TOP up the wechat cash on my own. The local bank accounts and credit card don’t seemed to work. Please advise, thanks.
No way without a China bank account.

You have to pay someone to send you Ang Bao.

Or engage some 3rd party service which I do not know the reliability.

Edit to add: some shops in China also offer top up service for AliPay and WeChat Pay.

Last edited by xiaofan; 24-11-2018 at 12:49 AM..
Old 23-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #319

Which means I have to ask my colleague to give me the ANG BAO in rmb and I transfer the amount in sing dollar back to him again.

No way without a China bank account.

You have to pay someone to send you Ang Bao.

Or engage some 3rd party service which I do not know the reliability.
Old 23-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #320

Does it extend to other vendors that are not partnered with WeChat?
prisleongsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #321

Which means I have to ask my colleague to give me the ANG BAO in rmb and I transfer the amount in sing dollar back to him again.
Yes that seems to be the way to go. I tried different ways to come to this conclusion myself since I do not have a Chinese bank account.

For my last business trip to Shanghai I was lucky to be able to use my Singapore Corporate credit card to pay all expenses in the hotel and cash for some lunch sessions but my colleagues pay most of the times. Then I was near to the company and walked to the office. One of the time they also pay for DiDi taxi (Chinese version of Grab) for me. I also paid cash for the subway— a bit inconvenient but doable, need coins.

Next time I will try to pay with WeChat (微信零钱) for food items. Studying too for other things. Cash is still usable but a bit inconvenient.

Last edited by xiaofan; 23-11-2018 at 03:37 PM..
Old 23-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #322

Well , hopefully, the amount rmb I have in my wechat wallet can be used without any issues in China next month as I do not want to carry a lot cash over.

Could our Sg hp use their DIDI app in chn?

Yes that seems to be the way to go. I tried different ways to come to this conclusion myself since I do not have a Chinese bank account.

For my last business trip to Shanghai I was lucky to be able to use my Singapore Corporate credit card to pay all expenses in the hotel and cash for some lunch sessions but my colleagues pay most of the times. Then I was near to the company and walked to the office. One of the time they also pay for DiDi taxi (Chinese version of Grab) for me. I also paid cash for the subway— a bit inconvenient but doable, need coins.

Next time I will try to pay with WeChat (微信零钱) for food items. Studying too for other things. Cash is still usable but a bit inconvenient.
Old 23-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #323

Does it extend to other vendors that are not partnered with WeChat?
You mean AliPay? I believe it is the same you need to have a Chinese bank account.

You can add credit card to AliPay and pay for things like Aliexpress (need to double check ) but I do not think it is possible to use this Alipay in China.

In order to do real name Authentication, you need a bank card in China.

https://cshall.alipay.com/lab/help_d...help_id=252740

Details: for foreigners who have a Chinese bank account
https://walkthechat.com/alipay-forei...reate-account/

Details of WeChat pay for foreigners who have a Chinese bank account
https://walkthechat.com/wechat-payme...t-kill-alipay/
Old 23-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #324

Well , hopefully, the amount rmb I have in my wechat wallet can be used without any issues in China next month as I do not want to carry a lot cash over.

Could our Sg hp use their DIDI app in chn?
I do not think so. But I believe you can still get taxi and pay cash in bigger cities. I was lucky last time that my colleagues arranged most of the things for me, including transportation between airport and hotel.

Maybe some more experienced people can tell you more. And get local friends/colleagues to help if needed.

Edit: just tried you can create DiDi account using Singapore mobile number.

Last edited by xiaofan; 23-11-2018 at 05:26 PM..
Old 23-11-2018, 05:31 PM   #325

I do not think so. But I believe you can still get taxi and pay cash in bigger cities. I was lucky last time that my colleagues arranged most of the things for me, including transportation between airport and hotel.

Maybe some more experienced people can tell you more. And get local friends/colleagues to help if needed.

Edit: just tried you can create DiDi account using Singapore mobile number.
And Singapore credit card will work for DiDi. Need to try this next time.

https://medium.com/@anthonywu/30-did...a-55a116c58aa8

Edit to add: it is said once you add a foreign credit card to WeChat, you can use the wallet for the following: ctrip, didi, 12306 China railway, Jingdong, China Airline, etc, but not normal WeChat payment. WeChat Ang Bao is also limited.

虽然海外的小伙伴终于可以用微信支付了,可是针对海外银行卡,腾讯给出了限制,并不是所有地方都可以用。

绑定境外银行卡后微信支付可用于微信钱包九宫格商户及电商、O2O、旅行、出行等领域的合作品牌,有京东、携程旅行网、去哪儿、滴滴、中国国际航空、中国铁路总公司(12306)等商户。

转账和大额红包还是用不了......泪奔~

Last edited by xiaofan; 23-11-2018 at 05:46 PM..
Old 23-11-2018, 06:20 PM   #326

Good to know. I am in SZ now and have been using my wechat wallet for small payment given that I only had few hundreds in my wallet (hongbao from friends).

I have not tried Didi. Will try to pay by my overseaa credit card that is tied to my wallet if I have the chance. So far MRT is very convenient in SZ.

And Singapore credit card will work for DiDi. Need to try this next time.

https://medium.com/@anthonywu/30-did...a-55a116c58aa8

Edit to add: it is said once you add a foreign credit card to WeChat, you can use the wallet for the following: ctrip, didi, 12306 China railway, Jingdong, China Airline, etc, but not normal WeChat payment. WeChat Ang Bao is also limited.

虽然海外的小伙伴终于可以用微信支付了,可是针对海外银行卡,腾讯给出了限制,并不是所有地方都可以用。

绑定境外银行卡后微信支付可用于微信钱包九宫格商户及电商、O2O、旅行、出行等领域的合作品牌,有京东、携程旅行网、去哪儿、滴滴、中国国际航空、中国铁路总公司(12306)等商户。

转账和大额红包还是用不了......泪奔~
Slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2018, 10:06 PM   #327

I would like to make a deposit to a homestay in China and asking me to pay her thru Wechat.
Could I use the Wechat wallet balance to make the payment. Give her one Ang Bao, is that correct?
Old 23-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #328

I would like to make a deposit to a homestay in China and asking me to pay her thru Wechat.
Could I use the Wechat wallet balance to make the payment. Give her one Ang Bao, is that correct?
Yes, just contact her to see if she accepts WeChat Ang Bao. Normally people will accept.
Old 23-11-2018, 11:13 PM   #329

Ok, will do, thanks.

Yes, just contact her to see if she accepts WeChat Ang Bao. Normally people will accept.
Old 24-11-2018, 12:57 AM   #330

Just saw the AXS app have a option of topping/buying Alipay purchase card. Anyone tried then use in China?
The one no use. I bought one a few years ago and still have not used it. It is meant for Taobao and only the web version of Taobao last time I checked (not usable for mobile version of Taobao). Now I forgot where I put the note and password liao, need to dig it out...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.