HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #451
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thank you so much Xiaofan for your help...

Ya. I sent the QR code to my friend and he tried...

And this is what he see ...

And this is what I received as a Service Message:
civicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 08:50 PM   #452

Thank you so much Xiaofan for your help...

Ya. I sent the QR code to my friend and he tried...

And this is what he see ...

And this is what I received as a Service Message:
I see. It may be true that Tencent again tightens the rules for Wechat pay. This workaround worked for me in December 2018.

You may want to try 3rd party service to see if they work for you.

Edit to add: just tried this with my testing wechat account which can not receive ang bao but used to be able to receive money through QR code, the same message poped up. So indeed Wechat plugs the loophole and this workaround no longer works.

On the other hand my main wechat account which can receive ang bao still can receive money using QR code. So this rule seems to only apply to new accounts for now. YMMV.

Last edited by xiaofan; 22-02-2019 at 09:12 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #453

Not hotel address, I used my friend's residential address and her spare phone SIM card no. lol. They don't verify anyway. Btw I was in Henan, maybe at small cities they are not so strict with the regulations.
is there a min sum to bank in when opening the account?
brx1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 02:48 PM   #454

is there a min sum to bank in when opening the account?
By right it is 1RMB. Still better to put something like RMB500.

http://www.icbc.com.cn/ICBC/%E4%B8%A...D%98%E6%AC%BE/

http://www.icbc.com.cn/ICBC/电子银行/电子银...2;/default.htm

Last edited by xiaofan; 23-02-2019 at 02:51 PM..
Old 25-02-2019, 09:10 AM   #455
Supremacy Member

Yup just maintain about 500 RMB inside.

Btw take note that many remittance services now can only remit funds to China accounts registered to mainland China IDs. Before last weekend BOC sg can still transfer to China accounts opened with passports. Apparently there was a new regulation in China few days ago. The ones below will not work:

- DBS China remit
- BOC sg RMB pre-settlement account
- Worldremit
- Transferwise
- Worldfirst

Xendpay still works for now.

Last edited by Jumpman23; 25-02-2019 at 09:17 AM..
Jumpman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 11:05 AM   #456

i also facing the same problem. my china wallet work well in past few months until this few day. I just able to send out money but not receive. Anyone have solution for that? thanks...
piglovepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 11:56 AM   #457

Hi, my friend have been sending money to me by scanning my QR code for the past 2 months. It have been working well till 2 days ago. My friend wechat prompt that receiver have no Mainland Bank card linked so cannot sent.

I have no China bank card, anyone know if wechat have tightened up again?

Anyone have any solution?

Thanks
I also facing same problem, please let me know if you have solution for that. Thanks.
Old 25-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #458
Master Member

Say I have a fren who is willing to lend me an bank acc to tie to wechat . What is the best way for me to pay back him?

Change rmb pass him cash?
Pass him sgd?
Buy Alipay or wechat credits top up?

Nv use wechat b4 pls advice ..
Exclusive10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 12:34 PM   #459

Guys, I am heading to HK and Shanghai soon - Shall I do Alipay or WeChat credits?
defghijsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 01:54 PM   #460

I also facing same problem, please let me know if you have solution for that. Thanks.
Best solution is to get a china friend to borrow you their ID. You will use their ID for the wechat. But it has better to be someone reliable as well.
Wishingstar79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #461

Best solution is to get a china friend to borrow you their ID. You will use their ID for the wechat. But it has better to be someone reliable as well.
do you mean use their china bank card to tie to my wechat? anyway, for this solution i need create new wechat right? cause i read that once the wechat tie to a name it cannot be remove >.<
Old 25-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #462

do you mean use their china bank card to tie to my wechat? anyway, for this solution i need create new wechat right? cause i read that once the wechat tie to a name it cannot be remove >.<
Can tie the account to more than one card
SibehHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 05:53 PM   #463

Guys, I am heading to HK and Shanghai soon - Shall I do Alipay or WeChat credits?
Either one should be okay if you can get anyone to work.

Personally I use only wechat pay because it works for me whereas Alipay does not work at all without linking to a mainland China bank card. On the other hand looks like Wechat is also tightening so in the end I may need to get a proper bank card from my relatives to set up Wechat pay if it stops working.
Old 25-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #464

No solution for now. Unless you get a Chinese friend to lend you the ID card information or the bank card information. That friend has to trust you enough to do that.

If you have such friend or relative, you can probably ask him/her to set up a bank account and a Chinese SIM card with low monthly charge for you and pass you the bank card and sim card to you to manage the bank card by yourself. You can remit to that account from Singapore using S$ to top up that bank card when the balance goes low.
Old 25-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #465

thanks for your reply. But one question, how if i use Singapore phone number but tie to his China credit card? will this work?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.