HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #481

if i use wechat in sg, got charge a not? friend own me alot rmb
What do you mean by charge here? Your friend is in China? How much is a lot of RMB? A lot means 100k or 200k or more?

Do you have a proper mainland China bank card? If yes just ask your friend to transfer the money to your account through bank transfer. There is a limit to transfer money through wechat and there is a fee to transfer money out of wechat 微信零钱 to the linked back account so wechat may not be a good choice if a lot of money is involved.

Wechat payment limit for various mainland China bank card look linked to wechat
https://kf.qq.com/touch/faq/151210NZ...210ZRj2y2.html

Wechat balance transfer to bank fee 微信零钱提现费用
https://kf.qq.com/touch/sappfaq/1603...ap&platform=14

If you do not have a mainland China bank card, then no point talk about wechat already. Just ask your friend to send money to you in cash if he is here in Singapore or through banks if he is in China. He needs to have good reasons convincing the bank it is for legitimate reasons because of the measures in place to control the exit of fund (资金外流). There are fees involved as well.

Last edited by xiaofan; 03-03-2019 at 02:18 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:35 PM   #482
High Supremacy Member

oh nvm lor ahah

he will pay someone to tt me in sgd
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #483

oh nvm lor ahah

he will pay someone to tt me in sgd
Yes TT is the right and safer method for you. More troublesome for him and there are fees and exchange rate thingy from the bank but it is safer.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #484
Greater Supremacy Member

Can tie the account to more than one card
Once tied to the china Friend name, the second card must also be the same china Friend name
Sinkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:01 PM   #485

Also hit by the same issue. Today cannot receive red packet in wechat pay. While last month was still OK. Been adding a DBS Credit Card to the wechat to enable the wallet function last time. Now it seems like asking for a mainland China bank card.
ice_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #486

Same, can't receive the ang bao xfer from seagm also. Anyone know if make debit card from Bank of China how long will it take to receive the card? Can receive on the spot?
脸带笑容心悲哀nb心事xialangzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:44 PM   #487

Same, can't receive the ang bao xfer from seagm also. Anyone know if make debit card from Bank of China how long will it take to receive the card? Can receive on the spot?
Take note the card from Bank of China Singapore (or ICBC Singapore) is not useful for wechat China wallet either.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:16 PM   #488
Supremacy Member

Take note the card from Bank of China Singapore (or ICBC Singapore) is not useful for wechat China wallet either.
Correct. Bank Of China is useless in Singapore. At AMK Hub, asked them I want to open account can link to wechat payment cos traveling to Beijing. Said cannot. Pui!!!

Nowadays I see all these payment modes with Alipay or Wechat in Singapore feel damn tulan. Itís like catered specifically for China visitors only. Whereas we visit China cannot use. LJ lah!
WONDERERS likes this.
madcampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:59 PM   #489

Correct. Bank Of China is useless in Singapore. At AMK Hub, asked them I want to open account can link to wechat payment cos traveling to Beijing. Said cannot. Pui!!!

Nowadays I see all these payment modes with Alipay or Wechat in Singapore feel damn tulan. Itís like catered specifically for China visitors only. Whereas we visit China cannot use. LJ lah!
I open a account in Shanghai using agriculture bank of china, they are more flexible , and thier remit amount is higher
kelhot2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:35 PM   #490
Arch-Supremacy Member

ICBC bank allows foreigners to have a wechat wallet
5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #491

Hi, just got my WeChat wallet. Any other method to top up wallet if not link to china bank? (Cannot received hongbao)
GXFC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:00 PM   #492

Hi, just got my WeChat wallet. Any other method to top up wallet if not link to china bank? (Cannot received hongbao)
I believe no sure working way now.

Previously there was a trick to use QR Code to receive payment to top up. But recently (Feb 2019) it stopped working. You can try your luck. Scroll a few pages back for more info.

Try to ask if 3rd party service can help or not.

All in all, I think it is just easier to forget about WeChat China Wallet and Alipay China wallet if you do not have a mainland Chinese bank card.

What is your main purpose of getting WeChat wallet? Scroll a few pages for possible alternative solution.
Old 14-03-2019, 07:39 PM   #493

I believe no sure working way now.

Previously there was a trick to use QR Code to receive payment to top up. But recently (Feb 2019) it stopped working. You can try your luck. Scroll a few pages back for more info.

Try to ask if 3rd party service can help or not.

All in all, I think it is just easier to forget about WeChat China Wallet and Alipay China wallet if you do not have a mainland Chinese bank card.

What is your main purpose of getting WeChat wallet? Scroll a few pages for possible alternative solution.
Am currently in China, thankfully I tied my account with my Chinese friend Credit card, but today kena prompt to upload ID. Canít use SG passport.

Seriously felt so sh!t they are doing, so prepare Cash (RMB) bah as foreigner, or bring along your credit card.
wetdreamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2019, 07:41 PM   #494

Am currently in China, thankfully I tied my account with my Chinese friend Credit card, but today kena prompt to upload ID. Can’t use SG passport.

Seriously felt so sh!t they are doing, so prepare Cash (RMB) bah as foreigner, or bring along your credit card.
Ask your Chinese friend for another favor lor.... Use his ID
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2019, 08:48 PM   #495

Hi,

just came back from Beijing yesterday. I went a few banks to try applying for a card.

1. ICBC Bank at 5th ring - reject immediately when enquire
2. Bank of China at 2nd ring - reject immediately when enquire
3. ICBC Bank at 2nd ring (Chong Wen Men) - Can apply but waiting time is 2 weeks. You leave your name/contact number to the bank, they will call you about 2 weeks later for an appointment to go down to apply for a card (mentioned too many foreigners on waiting list)
4. ABC Bank at 2nd ring - reject immediately when enquire
5. China Construction Bank at Terminal 3 Airport departure. Can apply on the spot but need Passport + Identity Card + Income Tax Statement.

All the above are enquired as a tourist on 30 days visa. I left without getting a card because I didnt have my ID with me.
tomb likes this.
TheV is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.