Wechat wallet

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2019, 12:26 PM   #511
Master Member

Buy??
CPTMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2019, 11:57 PM   #512

I still can receive and send hongbao and also can transfer. (By the way whats the difference between sending angbao and transfer ?)

Those who wish to convert SGD to wechat or wechat to SGD feel free to pm me
Old 04-04-2019, 08:17 AM   #513

I am able to link my credit card to my wechat wallet, if i make transaction using my wechat, when my credit card bill comes do i accumulate overseas transaction?
xiaoxin0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:38 AM   #514

I am able to link my credit card to my wechat wallet, if i make transaction using my wechat, when my credit card bill comes do i accumulate overseas transaction?
No need to worry about that now. You will not be able to carry out any transaction with the SG credit card anyway.

Check you can top up your wechat wallet or not first as the first step. You can try that by receiving Ang Bao from your friends with working wechat wallet.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #515

Mine used to work I had linked my dbs card and still have a balance. I topped up by getting friend's to send red packets. As of today it says must link mainland bank card. I can still send money that is in there out. So problematic
cdstgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #516

Mine used to work I had linked my dbs card and still have a balance. I topped up by getting friend's to send red packets. As of today it says must link mainland bank card. I can still send money that is in there out. So problematic
The procedure is design to prevent money laundering. In any case, the WeChat wallet function is catered for mainly Chinese users.
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #517

Is this the same even if I use ICBC card issued in SG?

No need to worry about that now. You will not be able to carry out any transaction with the SG credit card anyway.

Check you can top up your wechat wallet or not first as the first step. You can try that by receiving Ang Bao from your friends with working wechat wallet.
Qwinkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:21 PM   #518

Is this the same even if I use ICBC card issued in SG?
Same same. ICBC or BOC cards issued in Singapore are not useful.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:27 PM   #519

Yes they start the process to tighten the rules from February to prevent money laundering and fund exiting from mainland China. I think it may well be a matter of time that my wechat wallet will suffer the same fate as well.

Anyway, you can still spend the remaining amount.

I have RMB2500 in my wechat wallet and it will last a while as I only pay for apps and send ang bao occasionally.

Last edited by xiaofan; 07-04-2019 at 05:30 PM..
Old 20-04-2019, 08:26 PM   #520
Master Member

Yes they start the process to tighten the rules from February to prevent money laundering and fund exiting from mainland China. I think it may well be a matter of time that my wechat wallet will suffer the same fate as well.

Anyway, you can still spend the remaining amount.

I have RMB2500 in my wechat wallet and it will last a while as I only pay for apps and send ang bao occasionally.
Same fate. Cannot received anymore funds through transfer or Hong bao already. Sad.
Myu~sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 05:26 PM   #521

Ya damn sad. I can no longer receive money from my friend anymore.
How about alipay ? Does it works the same?
Taxiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 05:46 PM   #522

Ya damn sad. I can no longer receive money from my friend anymore.
How about alipay ? Does it works the same?
Yes it is the same. You need a mainland China bank card.

In fact there was no loop holes in Alipay, unlike WeChat. But now WeChat plugs the holes.
Old 28-04-2019, 05:51 PM   #523

So if Iím going to Shanghai for 8 days, what should I be using? Wechat Pay?

Or is any contactless payment ok too? E.g Youtrip or any contactless credit card
adgjl321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 06:28 PM   #524

So if I’m going to Shanghai for 8 days, what should I be using? Wechat Pay?

Or is any contactless payment ok too? E.g Youtrip or any contactless credit card
If you have WeChat pay, then you can use it.

If not, Credit card for hotel or other places which accept that, Cash for places which do not. Exchange enough cash in Singapore because the rate in China is lower.
Old 29-04-2019, 03:47 AM   #525

Yes it is the same. You need a mainland China bank card.

In fact there was no loop holes in Alipay, unlike WeChat. But now WeChat plugs the holes.
Is alipay able to send and receive money ? Or only wechat blocked it ?
Taxiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.