Wechat wallet

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So wechat not implement yet, any bro who have successfully did it let us know

Try it and tell us whether it works or not.

Maybe it works now for wechat with the new findings in the Alipay thread where you tried and got Alipay balance transfer working. No harm trying. :)

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't link my youtrip,posb and Citi cards. :(

No issues linking my OCBC Titanium Credit Card.

Try the other way using Passport.

Wechat -- Me -- Wechat Pay

Click the "..." on the upper right corner.

Real-Name authentication

Input your passport info.

Reference:
https://kf.qq.com/touch/sappfaq/160612bmYn2m160612f6zeIj.html

Still by right you will still need a China bank card in the end. But not so sure if they relax the regulation or not.

https://kf.qq.com/touch/sappfaq/160718RJ7FFN160718m6r6nE.html

Last edited:

broskel

Reaction score
I am able to see my cards in WeChat. But I cannot select the card when I go to Balance -> Top up

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am able to see my cards in WeChat. But I cannot select the card when I go to Balance -> Top up

You will not be able to top up with a Singapore credit card or debit card. It is useful only for certain use cases like Didi, 12306, Ctrip etc.

For now go to the Alipay thread and set up Tour Pass. That works fine. You may even get Alipay balance working if you have friends with proper Alipay account linking to a China bank card.

Last edited:

broskel

Reaction score
You will not be able to top up with a Singapore credit card or debit card. It is useful only for certain use cases like Didi, 12306, Ctrip etc.

For now go to the Alipay thread and set up Tour Pass. That works fine. You may even get Alipay balance working if you have friends with proper Alipay account linking to a China bank card.
Ok. Sure! Thanks for the advice

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there any maximum limit that we can pay via credit card?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

Of course there is a limit but you will not know in this case. Foreign credit/debit cards are not officially supported by Wechat Pay for general use cases yet, they are only officially supported in limit use cases like Didi, 12306, Ctrip, etc.

I am not sure if this works for you or not. Do not be surprised that it works for some users but not the other users.

For Wechat wallet users with supported China bank card, the transfer limit is very high at RMB200k per day but the real limit depends on the bank as well. Some banks may have lower limit say RMB50k per day.

https://kf.qq.com/touch/faq/1505256nY7fA150525MbaYfm.html

The limit for Wechat balance payment is lower, for Class 2 account, it is RMB100k per year. Class 1 account (with one bank card linked) is only RMB1000 per year.

https://kf.qq.com/touch/faq/130807me2YZf140618BFV77J.html

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No WeChat pay option leh

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT

Ask your friend with Wechat wallet to send you RMB1.0 and then try real name verification by adding the Singapore Band Card, and probably Passport and Selfie photo. This should enable the Wechat Pay.

icycokes

Reaction score
Wechat pay still won't work in China with a Singapore credit card. It's greyed out in my wallet... despite the announcement last week. Alipay's tourpass is the only option but bear in mind of the 3% exchange rate (somebody in this forum pointed put better rate with Youpay?). Tried paying for coffee and it didn't work.

Plus, the limit is RMB2,000. Once your spending maxed out, they won't allow you to top up anymore. I finished 2K in just a week on a shoestring budget. It isn't practical but it's a good start. Cash is still widely acceptable.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ask your friend with Wechat wallet to send you RMB1.0 and then try real name verification by adding the Singapore Band Card, and probably Passport and Selfie photo. This should enable the Wechat Pay.

I just did that for one of my wechat account love linked to a Starhub prepaid sim and a OCBC credit card. They are asking for Passport Number but did not ask for uploading the document.

Now the wallet function is activated. But the international credit card use cares are limited. I just tried, can not top up using Red Packet or Transfer (grayed out), so in reality not very useful now.

Ref:
https://kf.qq.com/touch/sappfaq/180...ADTAG=veda.weixinpay.wenti&from=singlemessage

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wechat pay still won't work in China with a Singapore credit card. It's greyed out in my wallet... despite the announcement last week. Alipay's tourpass is the only option but bear in mind of the 3% exchange rate (somebody in this forum pointed put better rate with Youpay?). Tried paying for coffee and it didn't work.

Plus, the limit is RMB2,000. Once your spending maxed out, they won't allow you to top up anymore. I finished 2K in just a week on a shoestring budget. It isn't practical but it's a good start. Cash is still widely acceptable.

It is mentioned Youtrip card has better rate.

Yes indeed Cash is still widely accepted. Hopefully the limit on Alipay Tour Pass will be gradually increased.

Hopefully WeChat international credit card use cases can be increased gradually as well. That is what Tencent mentioned in the news release.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why top up? Try using WeChat to pay directly with your credit card instead of paying from wallet.

Other than 起点读书, have you have any other success story with the Singapore credit card?

noobkia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to use youtrip card with wechat pay? My youtrip card can't be added to my wechat

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.