HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2019, 01:33 PM   #556
Master Member

That is bad. Usually they will allow you to continue to spend the money left in the wallet, just not able to top up. This is the first time I hear that they will close your wechat wallet.

Try to verify with your Singapore credit card first if you have not done so. I tend to believe that is enough for you to continue using the balance, but you may not be able to top up.

If that is not successful, I am not so sure how to transfer out if you do not have a China bank card. You may have to transfer to a friend who has proper bank card first and get money from your friend.

So far my main wechat account is still working. But I do have back up solution to transfer money out to my relative's proper Wechat pay account.
Phew after filling the info and such . the prompt go away . scary . my balance left abt 1k . will give it a try to make payment during my next china trip =D

our wechat money inside so little only . why they scare money laundering .
Myu~sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 02:14 PM   #557

Phew after filling the info and such . the prompt go away . scary . my balance left abt 1k . will give it a try to make payment during my next china trip =D

our wechat money inside so little only . why they scare money laundering .
Good that you are able to finish this step and now you are able to spend the balance now.

The policy from WeChat and Alipay is to follow the law passed in China so we can not do anything about it. The Chinese Government is trying to prevent both money laundering and exit of fund by the rich (and probably upper middle class) people.

There are still some 3rd party top up services out there which look like still working.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2019, 09:22 PM   #558

Anyone used the SG netspay app in china successfully?

It has to be the Unionpay QR payment system then can netspay?

Is Unionpay QR common in Beijing?
benlau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:45 PM   #559
Master Member

I tried, it didn't work when I was in Shenzhen...waste of time....couldn't buy anything with it...I suspect it's because you need to top up money into the wallet? The enetspay doesn't make sense if have to maintain wallet sia

Anyone used the SG netspay app in china successfully?

It has to be the Unionpay QR payment system then can netspay?

Is Unionpay QR common in Beijing?
ccmheoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #560

Hi, Just would like to know if i activate wechat wallet by using singapore credit card, can i receive the money in wechat wallet if someone sending money to me ? Thank you.
zoo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:55 PM   #561

Hi, Just would like to know if i activate wechat wallet by using singapore credit card, can i receive the money in wechat wallet if someone sending money to me ? Thank you.
Supposedly the answer is no. But no harm trying. And it can be still useful for some WeChat partners.

Ref:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/m/beiji...t_37425026.htm

The second is for users who don't have mainland bank cards. By binding Visa, Mastercard or JCB credit card through regular card-binding methods, users who don't have mainland bank cards can use WeChat Pay in WeChat Wallet's merchants and cooperative brands in e-commerce, O2O, travel, trip, including JDcom, Ctrip, Qunar, Didi, Air China, China Railway Corporation (12306).

Last edited by xiaofan; 05-06-2019 at 09:48 PM..
Old 17-06-2019, 01:14 AM   #562
Master Member

Just to share my experience.
For travelling around, DIDI is still the best. And yes, you can link your local SG credit card. Basically each fare is deducts automatically from yr CC. Using my POSB Everyday card w/o any problems.

For WePay... sigh. Last year had local CN friends who could transfer RMB to my wallet, but that all stopped. There is no way I know to add more $$$. I can send $$$ but cannot receive.

Currently in Beijing now. No worries as cash is still mostly accepted. Cept you do occasionally get weird looks when u wanna take out cash. Cos honestly speaking, with WePay... itís amazingly easy. I survived last years trip entirely w/o using cash.
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #563

This may not be the right forum but my Wechat account has been locked due to suspicious activity and need to have a friend's verification to help unblock my account. Can anyone help? Many thanks!
PhilChew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 06:09 AM   #564

The Friend you need should be in your WeChat circle of friends and not us strangers

This may not be the right forum but my Wechat account has been locked due to suspicious activity and need to have a friend's verification to help unblock my account. Can anyone help? Many thanks!
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 11:27 AM   #565

Thanks. I am new to WeChat. I don't know of friends that have WeChat. So any help I can get is very much appreciated.
PhilChew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 08:58 PM   #566

I am saying the verification can only be performed by someone who is ALREADY your friend.

If Your account is frozen now, you cannot add new friends.

Thanks. I am new to WeChat. I don't know of friends that have WeChat. So any help I can get is very much appreciated.
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #567

All in all, for new sign-up of WeChat Wallet account, it is kind of useless now even if you add a Singapore credit card to verify your identity, the Singapore card is not valid as a payment method, you are not able to top up the ballance either (previous loophole of using QR code to receive money was plugged iin 2019).

I have three wechat wallet account, all linked to the same Singapore credit card (OCBC Master card), only my main account which was created in 2013 (credit card info added in 2017) is fully functional now and I have RMB2500 inside. Two created in 2018 are kind of useless (was able to top up using QR code, tested and top up RMB100 and RMB10 respectively, but no longer working now), one left RMB65 and one left RMB5 so I just keep them that way.

And I have also created an Alipay account linked to a China SIM card as an experiment, I used QR code to receive RMB10 from my relative and now the money is floating in the air -- out of his account but pending in my account -- because my account can not be verified without a China bank card. Anyway, that is just an S$2 experiment.
Hi xiaofan, may i know can others send you wechat hong bao (红宝)? i myself also don't have a China bank card but finding a way to add RMB into my wechat wallet so that i can pay for QQ 绿钻豪华版, currently i am using 3rd party to pay for me.
tattoo colour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2019, 06:23 PM   #568

Hi xiaofan, may i know can others send you wechat hong bao (红宝)? i myself also don't have a China bank card but finding a way to add RMB into my wechat wallet so that i can pay for QQ 绿钻豪华版, currently i am using 3rd party to pay for me.
Yes I am lucky that my main wechat pay account is still working and I can still receive 红包. But I know this may stop working any time since I do not have a mainland bank card.

Using 3rd party to pay is a good alternative.

But for QQ Music 绿钻豪华版, there is an easier way if you have an iOS device. Just pay using the Apple App Store in-app purchase. That was what I did last time when I paid one month QQ Music 付费音乐包 using my iPhone 6S. Later I got the Android phone and then use my wechat account to pay for one year of the 绿钻豪华版.
Old 20-06-2019, 09:15 PM   #569

Yes I am lucky that my main wechat pay account is still working and I can still receive 红包. But I know this may stop working any time since I do not have a mainland bank card.

Using 3rd party to pay is a good alternative.

But for QQ Music 绿钻豪华版, there is an easier way if you have an iOS device. Just pay using the Apple App Store in-app purchase. That was what I did last time when I paid one month QQ Music 付费音乐包 using my iPhone 6S. Later I got the Android phone and then use my wechat account to pay for one year of the 绿钻豪华版.
Alamak..i am using Android phone this year, that is why i was thinking if after i added my credit card and then ask my china friend to send me 红包 so that i can use it to pay 绿钻豪华版. Thanks for your advice and suggestions!
Old 02-07-2019, 02:33 AM   #570
Arch-Supremacy Member

All Visa/Master cards should be okay. I am using a OCBC MasterCard myself.

The article has detailed instructions. Try it.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/m/beiji...t_37425026.htm

How can foreigners use WeChat Pay?

Currently, the second type of WeChat Pay only supports consumption, and cannot be used for general transfer and sending red envelopes. However, it can be used for making payments to store owners through the static barcode posted in the stores (note: not street vendors, rather those WeChat Partners listed in the wechat app).

WeChat Pay currently only supports overseas credit cards. You need to verify the card number, expiration date, CVN2, and American and Canadian users need to verify the billing address while binding. Then you will receive a SMS verification code on the phone number you just filled in. After verification, you need to create a 6-digit payment password before you can use the services.
I just came across this thread. So going by this news, can I assume that once my Citibank visa has been verified, I can immediately use WeChat to pay if I go to China next week?

Apologies for this newbie question but the last time I was in CN was 5+ years back & cash & credit cards were still widely accepted then.
gkhchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.