HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2019, 06:22 PM   #601

May I check if this still works?

Is there any way to set up alipay or wechat wallet by yourself if you are singaporean?

If not, can we register with chinese banks in sg such as BOC or ICBC and get a mainland chinese bank account for verification in alipay/wechat wallet?
Just went Shanghai. Still no avail to use wechat and Alipay. Tried paying with Alipay at kfc also cannot.

The staffs there really donít like cash payment. Canít blame them. I also donít like cash payment
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:57 PM   #602

Just went Shanghai. Still no avail to use wechat and Alipay. Tried paying with Alipay at kfc also cannot.

The staffs there really donít like cash payment. Canít blame them. I also donít like cash payment
u tried opening mainland bank account at shanghai?

really kumgong sia..in china, everyone use wechat to pay

but then how to encourage foreigners/tourists to pay if dont let them create wechat wallet?
happi3friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:27 AM   #603
High Supremacy Member

I am planning to visit Shanghai... This thread has been ongoing since 2017. Has a solution been found? Can we use Singapore icbc or boc cards with alipay?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 7 using GAGT
Sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #604
Master Member

but then how to encourage foreigners/tourists to pay if dont let them create wechat wallet?
It is just anti foreigner usage. U need a local bank with proper document then can open an account. Who will do so meh.

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L29 using GAGT
yhw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #605
Greater Supremacy Member

This is regulation, to prevent money laundering and also money from leaking out of china.

If any foreigner can use their foreign bank to withdraw, many tiongs will just transfer u their rmb, and withdraw to deposit in Singapore
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #606

It is their sovereign right to maintain capital control over their financial system and limiting foreign access to their system. They are willing to forgo your money as opening up means exposing them to national security risks, financial market instability and capital flight.

No choice. Bring RMB cash.
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:18 PM   #607

No choice, but they can't reject cash.
In fact, i did get discount when they do not have the exact change.
Benjamin91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:14 AM   #608

Not sure why it didn’t work for you. I create an account , verify my identity with passport and it works like charm.

Basically you can get other to TOP up and use the balance but you can’t transfer the money out unless you have China account
Old 07-09-2019, 04:02 PM   #609

When’s the last time you use the wallet to pay or send / receive red packets?

Not sure why it didn’t work for you. I create an account , verify my identity with passport and it works like charm.

Basically you can get other to TOP up and use the balance but you can’t transfer the money out unless you have China account
SibehHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:05 PM   #610

This is regulation, to prevent money laundering and also money from leaking out of china.

If any foreigner can use their foreign bank to withdraw, many tiongs will just transfer u their rmb, and withdraw to deposit in Singapore
waliew, other countries not so scare of this problem

It is their sovereign right to maintain capital control over their financial system and limiting foreign access to their system. They are willing to forgo your money as opening up means exposing them to national security risks, financial market instability and capital flight.

No choice. Bring RMB cash.
for moi, I want to invest in forex now with US China trade war
Use SGD to change for RMB but without bank fees
i.e. do informal trade via alipay/wechat wallet and give SGD cash in person

but now, I cannot receive RMB from china friends...all use alipay or wechat and foreigners like singaporeans cannot have have alipay/wechat

maybe not cannot; but very troublesome wor

jin sad
Old 07-09-2019, 06:29 PM   #611

waliew, other countries not so scare of this problem

for moi, I want to invest in forex now with US China trade war
Use SGD to change for RMB but without bank fees
i.e. do informal trade via alipay/wechat wallet and give SGD cash in person

but now, I cannot receive RMB from china friends...all use alipay or wechat and foreigners like singaporeans cannot have have alipay/wechat

maybe not cannot; but very troublesome wor

jin sad
Can share which country "not so scare" and hence does not regulate transfer of funds and setting up of accounts? Maybe can consider using if I ever need to launder money.

I am local sinkie and I do have legit wechat wallet account, in fact, I have two. You just have to do it legally.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:58 PM   #612

Can share which country "not so scare" and hence does not regulate transfer of funds and setting up of accounts? Maybe can consider using if I ever need to launder money.

I am local sinkie and I do have legit wechat wallet account, in fact, I have two. You just have to do it legally.
can share how to create legit wechat wallet? Please share as I really need a alipay or wechat wallet...a quick one will do

USA, Singapore, or any countries with free market
I mean in countries like Singapore, you are not subjected to capital controls

These countries are tough on money laundering but they don't cause inconvenience majority of legit users
Old 07-09-2019, 07:23 PM   #613
Greater Supremacy Member

can share how to create legit wechat wallet? Please share as I really need a alipay or wechat wallet...a quick one will do

These countries are tough on money laundering but they don't cause inconvenience majority of legit users
I have 2 legal wechat wallet too, you just need to go china and open a bank account and thatís very easy done
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #614

You ask your ATB friend without Singapore residence permit to register for PAY LAH! and see how?

Get yourself a Chinese Bank account OR use your gf account, unless your are transferring ten of thousands daily but I guaranteed you will get caught almost immediately.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:25 PM   #615

I have 2 legal wechat wallet too, you just need to go china and open a bank account and that’s very easy done
hokay thanks, i know need china mobile number and identity documents

how about the rest? need residencial address also to open bank account?

You ask your ATB friend without Singapore residence permit to register for PAY LAH! and see how?

Get yourself a Chinese Bank account OR use your gf account, unless your are transferring ten of thousands daily but I guaranteed you will get caught almost immediately.
thats not capital control

i can use transferwise and have a wallet no problem...RMB is subject to capital controls

tbh, i dont know why are u so triggered

dont know what happen but wish u happy everyday
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.