HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2019, 02:50 PM   #631
Master Member

Foreigners can have Wechat Pay, just need put money in, since foreigners do not have China bank Acc, need to ask someone transfer in.
I'm not 100% sure but I read that asking locals (or whoever that has a full fledged working eWallet) to transfer you 红包 doesn't work for cashless point of sales.

Need more people to advise.
BiG_FisH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #632

Red packet cannot, but transfer can.
anyway, try on your wechat app to set up wallet. Tap Discover from the bottom menu, and search wallet, open my wallet, add card.

I believe it will not work if you are referring to ask your friends with proper wechat/Alipay wallet to send you red packets or transfer money to you.

On the other hand, there are various online platforms which seem to be still working. So there must be some ways to transfer money in. I have not tried these online platforms though since I still have enough money in my wechat wallet -- I used wechat wallet balance to pay for QQ Music VIP and Youku VIP recently.
comex_1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #633
Master Member

Red packet cannot, but transfer can.
anyway, try on your wechat app to set up wallet. Tap Discover from the bottom menu, and search wallet, open my wallet, add card.
If transfer works for you then it is good for you. It does not work for me anyway.

On the other hand if you have a mainland China bank card to link to, then everything will work.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 06:25 PM   #634

Have you verified youe identity? eg, Singapore passport no and Bank Acc?

If transfer works for you then it is good for you. It does not work for me anyway.

On the other hand if you have a mainland China bank card to link to, then everything will work.
Old 13-10-2019, 07:27 PM   #635
Master Member

Have you verified youe identity? eg, Singapore passport no and Bank Acc?
Yes. I have done that.

In fact both red packet and transfer worked until July 2019 for me. But then it stopped working in August 2019 once the system prompted me to add a mainland China bank card.

Last edited by xiaofan; 13-10-2019 at 07:32 PM..
Old 13-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #636

May be it could do to the different version of Wechat. you may need to reverify.
Try to do the following;
under Wallet, select Money, and on the new window, select receive money, and see whether you can select Passport for verification.

Yes. I have done that.

In fact both red packet and transfer worked until July 2019 for me. But then it stopped working in August 2019 once the system prompted me to add a mainland China bank card.
Old 13-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #637
Master Member

May be it could do to the different version of Wechat. you may need to reverify.
Try to do the following;
under Wallet, select Money, and on the new window, select receive money, and see whether you can select Passport for verification.
Been there, done that.

Anyway, no need to convince me. If you looked back a few pages, I was giving suggestions like this to others last year and earlier this year.

But then I know that Tencent is tightening the control and one by one the tricks will stop working.

Last edited by xiaofan; 13-10-2019 at 08:49 PM..
Old 14-10-2019, 09:12 AM   #638
Master Member

Am in China now again. Used netsPay in supermarket and some convenient stores which accept union pay. Still working. Rest just use cash not too much of a problem still widely accepted.
tazzi80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #639

Am in China now again. Used netsPay in supermarket and some convenient stores which accept union pay. Still working. Rest just use cash not too much of a problem still widely accepted.

What is the exchange rate?
JT2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 11:21 AM   #640

If your wechat is verified with identity (include Singapore passport and bank CC), you should at least able to receive money on Windows PC version wechat.

Been there, done that.

Anyway, no need to convince me. If you looked back a few pages, I was giving suggestions like this to others last year and earlier this year.

But then I know that Tencent is tightening the control and one by one the tricks will stop working.
Old 15-10-2019, 11:48 PM   #641
Master Member

If your wechat is verified with identity (include Singapore passport and bank CC), you should at least able to receive money on Windows PC version wechat.
do you happen to know whats the limit that you can received using this method ?
Myu~sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 10:17 AM   #642

Not know, the money in wallet usually should be enough for normal daily usage.

do you happen to know whats the limit that you can received using this method ?
Old 17-10-2019, 10:58 PM   #643
Supremacy Member

oh noooooooo

so foreigners cannot wechat pay anymore ?
alamak im going next week sia

and i just found out like a few mins ago, it uplory =/
vofzxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #644

Last night, I received RMB100 top-up in my wallet using WeChat PC version. But my friend in China highlighted that I still cannot make transaction if my account is not verified. And you will need a china-based bank card to do verification. I’m heading to China in November.
Old 18-10-2019, 08:30 AM   #645

Wechatpay wallet account can be verified with foreign Passport and Bank Credit Card.

Last night, I received RMB100 top-up in my wallet using WeChat PC version. But my friend in China highlighted that I still cannot make transaction if my account is not verified. And you will need a china-based bank card to do verification. I’m heading to China in November.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.