HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2020, 03:42 PM   #811
Master Member

u right, u can to transfer money to a friends & get back in cash if they willing to help.
foxer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2020, 09:17 PM   #812
Great Supremacy Member

sell me at good rate lo

Old 01-06-2020, 11:57 AM   #813

answer

1) as long as you are a verified user (now can only verified thru china ID or bank card) u will have a wechat wallet in any version of wechat. old users who have verifiy their sg cards last time can no longer use the sg card to top up but they are able to accept and send angbaos and pay for items with wechat pay IN CHINA ONLY. Only Chinese/hong kong/Taiwan/Macau nationals can use wechat pay internationally. (my info is from 2019 while i was still there, they might have changed their policy etc)
2) it is not possible to top up wechat with any other card than a china bank card
Captain Tsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:04 PM   #814

Other than 3rd party top up services, the only reported working workaround is to use Wechat PC version to receive transfer from others with proper Wechat account. Not so sure if it is working or not.
u can no longer bind visa/master card to ur wechat wallet now.
anyone who has wechat credit u need to get rid off can pm me.. i will still be going to china after the covid and i can buy some off you.

there used to be a way to bind other china IC to ur card w/o sending in a picture. now this option is no longer available.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:25 PM   #815
Supremacy Member

u can no longer bind visa/master card to ur wechat wallet now.
anyone who has wechat credit u need to get rid off can pm me.. i will still be going to china after the covid and i can buy some off you.

there used to be a way to bind other china IC to ur card w/o sending in a picture. now this option is no longer available.
Not so sure about the part of binding SG Credit card, I think it should still work but the use cases are limited like buying train tickets and paying for DiDi in China. You can not top up and that is it for most of the people.

As for the China IC binding, it can be more and more stringent. I think you need to submit the picture of both sides of the IC since quite some time ago.

In any case, for most of the people here in SG, WeChat Pay usage will be pretty much limited with all the constraints.

Last edited by xiaofan; 01-06-2020 at 12:48 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #816

dont want share then dont share la, talk so much cock for wat?
let me share the limitation
1. old link card accounts with sg cards only have a yearly quota of ard 30k rmb or 50k rmb to spend and you cannot spend more than 200 per transaction i think
2. one linked china bank card you only can spend 200k rmb per year for wechat, so u have to link more. but the per transaction limit is lifted (the most i have spend per transaction is ard 7k rmb .)
Old 02-06-2020, 02:40 AM   #817

So.... Even if I have a bank card from a China bank (E.g: BOC ICBC...) issued in Singapore I will still be unable to receive and send angbao?
aron94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:42 AM   #818

wechat

So.... Even if I have a China bank card from, lets say, BOC or ICBC, which are issued in SG, I will still be unable to send or receive angbao?
aron94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:52 AM   #819
Supremacy Member

So.... Even if I have a China bank card from, lets say, BOC or ICBC, which are issued in SG, I will still be unable to send or receive angbao?
That is correct.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:28 AM   #820
Master Member

Local accounts are not linked to China accounts with the same bank.
They can't do transfer.

But if you open a Local account with UnionPay,
You can drop RMB into that account and withdraw in China. With no charge.... (best to check with the bank). Have account with BOC, but have not tried it.
zzxxzzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:09 PM   #821
High Supremacy Member

Local accounts are not linked to China accounts with the same bank.
They can't do transfer.

But if you open a Local account with UnionPay,
You can drop RMB into that account and withdraw in China. With no charge.... (best to check with the bank). Have account with BOC, but have not tried it.
It does work. I have this with ICBC. No charge. Withdrew in China many times already.

Sent from Apollo 13 using GAGT
Velton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:57 PM   #822

I remember remotely from the branch at Paya Lebar about this facility. It may be this:
http://singapore.icbc.com.cn/ICBC/%e...encyDebitCard/
beanstalk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 11:26 AM   #823

hi all gurus!

would like to ask which platform can allow me to charge to CC and get wechat angpao? can please share one with a lowest rate? thank you very much!
kelun84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:22 PM   #824
Supremacy Member

hi all gurus!

would like to ask which platform can allow me to charge to CC and get wechat angpao? can please share one with a lowest rate? thank you very much!
None if you have only Singapore debit or credit card. You need a mainland China bank card.

On the other hand, it seems to me 3rd party platforms may allow the top up of wechat wallet balance.

Be careful of scams if you use these type of services, especially with Carousell or various forums.
https://blog.moneysmart.sg/budgeting/wechat-pay-alipay/

Last edited by xiaofan; 03-08-2020 at 12:34 PM..
Old 12-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #825
Great Supremacy Member

I need to top-up my China Unicom 中國聯通pre-paid SIM card.
Because I can't travel to china this year, my pre-paid SIM card value is getting depleted from the monthly subscription deduction.

I need help, meet up, I pay you Cash SGD100, you use your alipay/WeChat pay to top-up my 中國聯通 SIM card value.
PM me.
whatmeworry is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.