HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wechat wallet

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2018, 11:32 PM   #91
Master Member

ICBC SG i think has no consumer banking...
Got leh. Chinatown Point got one branch.
Sauzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 11:26 AM   #92

Just back from China today and managed to open ICBC bank account and link my wechat wallet & alipay.
Tried CMB first but they refused and said need local ID to open so walked to ICBC next door and straightaway open the bank account and I just provided hotel address but definitely need local sim.
Hi, did you buy a prepaid SIM card or sign up a plan? How much did you pay for the SIM card? I am going China soon and wish to open an account too
ceelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #93

Just back from China today and managed to open ICBC bank account and link my wechat wallet & alipay.
Tried CMB first but they refused and said need local ID to open so walked to ICBC next door and straightaway open the bank account and I just provided hotel address but definitely need local sim.
Strange. I managed to open an account with CMB in Shenzhen some time back. The bank staff even told me that I could just use any hotel address nearby, since I was only on a day trip from Hong kong.

Local number is definitely required.
lifeislonggamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #94

what is the mini amount to open a account? easy to tansfer money from the bank to alipay? possible to transfer money from singpore to the china bank acc?
Old 27-03-2018, 08:07 AM   #95

Comfort is going to add Wechat payment to their cabs. Wonder how are they going to charge when its in different currency. Will there be a conversion charge for using that as well...
DescoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #96

what is the mini amount to open a account? easy to tansfer money from the bank to alipay? possible to transfer money from singpore to the china bank acc?
1. Min amount depends on the bank. China Merchant Bank has a RMB 1K min, below which there is a RMB 10 per month charge.

2. Once a real-time debit arrangement is made between the bank account/card and Alipay, it is instant at the click of a button on the Alipay app or web page In fact, when using Alipay to make payments, there is no need to top-up the wallet first if you set up direct debit.

3. For people without a PRC ID card, can only transfer foreign currency to the PRC bank account.
lifeislonggamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:37 PM   #97

im heading to hangzhou in 2 weeks' time and i want to open a bank account over there.. any advise on which bank i can go to? i will be there for only 1 week
goneagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 12:26 AM   #98

Hi im trying to pay a WeChat seller around 2k , does anyone know if there’s a service I can locally transfer money to for a fee to pay this person? Thanks
kelvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 06:22 PM   #99

I received a WeChat hongbao, but the app rejects my sg-issued credit cards. How ah?
handsomecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 10:29 PM   #100

In Singapore, are there services where they log in to their china bank account to your wechat account to top up?
spiderbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:53 AM   #101

there are wechat and alipay top up services floating around in the forum. can try that
My Office Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #102

there are wechat and alipay top up services floating around in the forum. can try that
you cant send and recieve money on wechat without id verification.

I have setup bank acs in china whenever i go to china . but lost the 2 cards and acc no. it has been like 5 yrs , will try to reinstate the account when in china. when ever you visit china , try to register and verify your youku , alipay, wechat pay , your ah tiong music app on hp , cos once you back in SG you cant do anything.
AprilChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #103

I received a WeChat hongbao, but the app rejects my sg-issued credit cards. How ah?
you need open bank account china, 200RMB can open with ATM card liao . before open you need buy a sim card china and find a residential address for application/ the residential address can alibaba one. they even give me a dongle , which i lost everything . their internet banking is very confusing, more confusing then alipay so you can skip that out. just cash in a min amount for more functions in app when u b SG can liao/

Last edited by AprilChoo; 30-04-2018 at 11:55 AM..
AprilChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:52 AM   #104
Master Member

Tried and can link to OCBC CARD,no additional verifications, able to receive Hongbao now.
I've Bank Of China Account with a local China prepaid SIM Card.

A friend in SG was able to add OCBC credit card at WeChat Wallet verification.
So he was able to receive WeChat AngBao now.

Do try with your current Singapore Debit/Credit Card.
But you need someone to first send you an AngBao.
Then add in the card.

By Default, Singapore's WeChat do not see WeChat Wallet.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:35 PM   #105

I've Bank Of China Account with a local China prepaid SIM Card.

A friend in SG was able to add OCBC credit card at WeChat Wallet verification.
So he was able to receive WeChat AngBao now.

Do try with your current Singapore Debit/Credit Card.
But you need someone to first send you an AngBao.
Then add in the card.

By Default, Singapore's WeChat do not see WeChat Wallet.
My wallet is activated when someone give me angbao. Card added but can Never top up anyway
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.