www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   China (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/china-316/)
-   -   Wechat wallet (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/china-316/wechat-wallet-5708797.html)

ocs_woodlands 18-10-2017 11:00 AM

Wechat wallet
 
Hi, I have a few questions about this.

1) is it possible to have wechat wallet in the international version of wechat?

2) if 1) is possible, how can I top up the wallet while I am in Singapore & have no China bank card and etc.

Sent from Common Sense using GAGT

kitsura 22-10-2017 12:12 AM

Only HK and China versions support the wallet. So far for China wechat wallet you need a China bank account to top it up since they need a China ID and bank card number to verify ID before you can use the wallet.

h0neystars 25-10-2017 12:10 AM

Just back from China.

You are unable to pay via wechat or alipay without china mobile number and china bank account/debit card.

I tried linking all my bank cards (credit/debit) to the mobile payment options but nothing was successful.

The mobile payment there is really amazing. Even the street vendors in the night market asked if I was making payment via alipay or wechat pay. The staff at the convenience shop told us we can get 10% off if we use alipay but.. sadly, we were unable to make any of these payments.

Furthermore, without china phone number, you can't book the taxi 'didi' too. The didi charges are by meter, not fixed pricing like grab/uber.

Even when dining in restaurants, people who have china mobile number/mobile payment options will have an advantage to buy coupons and discounts from this app called 'da zhong dian ping'. If you don't have it, you are probably losing out to all offers and discounts that the locals can enjoy.

Wonder when will china open up their payment options to accept international credit and debit card.. Oh wells.

pencil-leads 25-10-2017 11:27 AM

contact me if you are interested in topping up your alipay or wechat wallet

ocs_woodlands 25-10-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitsura (Post 110902439)
Only HK and China versions support the wallet. So far for China wechat wallet you need a China bank account to top it up since they need a China ID and bank card number to verify ID before you can use the wallet.

What if I open a bank account in SG with Bank of China and get their Debit or Credit card - can I use that card to link to the Wechat account?

badsector 27-10-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocs_woodlands (Post 110960272)
What if I open a bank account in SG with Bank of China and get their Debit or Credit card - can I use that card to link to the Wechat account?

so far. no such option.

u can only pay someone to top-up ur wechat/alipay wallet

axs i think can buy alipay top-up card

jarvis 29-10-2017 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badsector (Post 110993903)
so far. no such option.

u can only pay someone to top-up ur wechat/alipay wallet

axs i think can buy alipay top-up card

I think it's all changed recently. You need a Chinese bank account to verify the account. You cannot just get people to top up your account - my China colleagues tried with mine but it just didn't work.

badsector 30-10-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarvis (Post 111019442)
I think it's all changed recently. You need a Chinese bank account to verify the account. You cannot just get people to top up your account - my China colleagues tried with mine but it just didn't work.

not sure what's the diff..

my bank acc was open in china.
linked with my verified alipay/wechat acc. no issue receiving $$

david_yyy 02-11-2017 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarvis (Post 111019442)
I think it's all changed recently. You need a Chinese bank account to verify the account. You cannot just get people to top up your account - my China colleagues tried with mine but it just didn't work.

You can ask other to transfer to you wallet

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

zzxxzzxx 12-11-2017 01:29 PM

1. For Wallet, you can't see it in International WeChat App.

2. If someone sent a Red Packet to you, you cannot accept it without a "Wallet".

3. But if you restart the phone or App?, you MAY see Wallet or Red Packet in the App.

4. To get a "Wallet" you need to have a Local Bank Account AND A Local Mobile Number.

5. To open a Local Bank Account, it's REALLY HARD NOW. If you have a work trip, you MAY open up one with you have an invitation letter or prove of work at the local company. (with local address, no need to be opened by locals). You also need to provide your TAX filing number, in SG it's your NRIC Number.
- Previously can say you have a relative here, and you come often to visit the relative, so it's easier to open an account. But all just changed this year.

6. To have a Local Mobile Number, it's easy. Just go to the Main shop 营业厅. Not those resellers. Best option i had found out is to get the China Mobile 中国移动. RM28 gets you 50 + 100 Minutes Outgoing + 1000mb Local Data + 100mb Whole China Data.
- Previously it's easy, a passport and go to any reseller. Get the RM8 monthly card and use data @ RM1/500MB/Day. No charges if you don't use. Limit of 2GB/3GB per day.

mamboeidos 13-11-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzxxzzxx (Post 111252864)
1. For Wallet, you can't see it in International WeChat App.

2. If someone sent a Red Packet to you, you cannot accept it without a Wallet.

3. But if you restart the phone or App?, you MAY see Wallet or Red Packet in the App.

4. To get a "Wallet" you need to have a Local Bank Account AND A Local Mobile Number.

5. To open a Local Bank Account, it's REALLY HARD NOW. If you have a work trip, you MAY open up one with you have an invitation letter or prove of work at the local company. (with local address, no need to be opened by locals). You also need to provide your TAX filing number, in SG it's your NRIC Number.
- Previously can say you have a relative here, and you come often to visit the relative, so it's easier to open an account. But all just changed this year.

6. To have a Local Mobile Number, it's easy. Just go to the Main shop 营业厅. Not those resellers. Best option i had found out is to get the China Mobile 中国移动. RM28 gets you 50 + 100 Minutes Outgoing + 1000mb Local Data + 100mb Whole China Data.
- Previously it's easy, a passport and go to any reseller. Get the RM8 monthly card and use data @ RM1/500MB/Day. No charges if you don't use. Limit of 2GB/3GB per day.

not really for no. 2

i rmb while i was in china i wanted to use my wallet but then dun have it. so my fren send me a red packet n after opening it I now have wallet.

BTW i used wechat downloaded in Singapore

zzxxzzxx 13-11-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamboeidos (Post 111269968)
not really for no. 2

i rmb while i was in china i wanted to use my wallet but then dun have it. so my fren send me a red packet n after opening it I now have wallet.

BTW i used wechat downloaded in Singapore

Were you able to receive the Red Packet?
I wasn't able to. But I manage to see wallet and Red Packet after I restart the phone. Maybe just need to restart app.

rrr2015 13-11-2017 08:16 PM

are there any other alternatives to use wechat or alipay in china without bank account or linking to credit card? like making cash topup into wechat / alipay account?


Quote:

Originally Posted by zzxxzzxx (Post 111252864)
1. For Wallet, you can't see it in International WeChat App.

2. If someone sent a Red Packet to you, you cannot accept it without a Wallet.

3. But if you restart the phone or App?, you MAY see Wallet or Red Packet in the App.

4. To get a "Wallet" you need to have a Local Bank Account AND A Local Mobile Number.

5. To open a Local Bank Account, it's REALLY HARD NOW. If you have a work trip, you MAY open up one with you have an invitation letter or prove of work at the local company. (with local address, no need to be opened by locals). You also need to provide your TAX filing number, in SG it's your NRIC Number.
- Previously can say you have a relative here, and you come often to visit the relative, so it's easier to open an account. But all just changed this year.

6. To have a Local Mobile Number, it's easy. Just go to the Main shop 营业厅. Not those resellers. Best option i had found out is to get the China Mobile 中国移动. RM28 gets you 50 + 100 Minutes Outgoing + 1000mb Local Data + 100mb Whole China Data.
- Previously it's easy, a passport and go to any reseller. Get the RM8 monthly card and use data @ RM1/500MB/Day. No charges if you don't use. Limit of 2GB/3GB per day.


zzxxzzxx 13-11-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrr2015 (Post 111274150)
are there any other alternatives to use wechat or alipay in china without bank account or linking to credit card? like making cash topup into wechat / alipay account?

Wallet criteria is:
1. Local China Bank Account
2. Local China Mobile Line

Like i said, you can see "Wallet", and even see "Red Packet".
But without an account that can be linked in "Wallet", you can't receive or send anything.


That's my idea of it. Cos i tried to accept "Red Packet", it asked me to input bank account.

rrr2015 14-11-2017 10:43 PM

so troublesome & i read nowadays can't survive without these mobile payment in china ... sighz
Quote:

Originally Posted by zzxxzzxx (Post 111276778)
Wallet criteria is:
1. Local China Bank Account
2. Local China Mobile Line

Like i said, you can see "Wallet", and even see "Red Packet".
But without an account that can be linked in "Wallet", you can't receive or send anything.


That's my idea of it. Cos i tried to accept "Red Packet", it asked me to input bank account.



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.