HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Kawaii Game Lovers] WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2016, 11:08 PM   #31
Master Member

After trying both English and Chinese demos, now got dilemma... don't know which language to buy

The cons:

English
- Can't stand the translation (wtf lilstack, prismunity...), a lot of terms are clearer and less cringeworthy in Chinese.
- No Japanese voiceover (pre-order does give free Japanese voice pack).

Chinese
- Harder to look for help/tips/info as most people are playing in English, trophy guides etc will all be in English. Harder to communicate with others (even bros here) cos using different names.
- Uses Asia/Japan convention of O for select, X for back. I am too used to US/EU convention already. (My PS4 is from US, most games use US convention, even this English demo gotten from SG psn store.)

General
- Cannot save as and when I want, must reach save point. Only one save slot, too little for an RPG. (I know this is supposed to be more old school RPG, but still...)
- Switching between the new simplified combat menu and classic menu should be a toggle, not reset every time it's your turn again. (I know can set default in config menu, but want it to toggle during battle.) The new menu seems like cannot select target.
- Very very limited manual camera rotation. Often explore into nooks and can't see, the auto camera doesn't follow.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 12:09 AM   #32

For the save slot, I expect the full game to have more than 1 save slot, but this is just guessing.
For the combat menu, in the demo main menu(before you start your game), there is a option, change whatever you like that. I expect the same for the full game as well.
DragoonRed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 12:15 AM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

After trying both English and Chinese demos, now got dilemma... don't know which language to buy

The cons:

English
- Can't stand the translation (wtf lilstack, prismunity...), a lot of terms are clearer and less cringeworthy in Chinese.

Chinese
- Harder to look for help/tips/info as most people are playing in English, trophy guides etc will all be in English. Harder to communicate with others (even bros here) cos using different names.
- Uses Asia/Japan convention of O for select, X for back. I am too used to US/EU convention already. (My PS4 is from US, most games use US convention, even this English demo gotten from SG psn store.)

General
- Cannot save as and when I want, must reach save point. Only one save slot, too little for an RPG. (I know this is supposed to be more old school RPG, but still...)
- Switching between the new simplified combat menu and classic menu should be a toggle, not reset every time it's your turn again. (I know can set default in config menu, but want it to toggle during battle.) The new menu seems like cannot select target.
- Very very limited manual camera rotation. Often explore into nooks and can't see, the auto camera doesn't follow.
select target is use d-pad during combat.
Old 24-10-2016, 02:00 AM   #34
Master Member

Any shops that actually rents psvita for a decent price? lolx
Old 24-10-2016, 08:56 AM   #35
Greater Supremacy Member

The cons:

English

Chinese

General
so will you buy this game when its released ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 09:16 AM   #36
Master Member

select target is use d-pad during combat.
Thanks, didn't think of trying that cos it doesn't highlight the auto-selected target, thot cannot select. Talking about that, when it's your turn it also doesn't highlight clearly which of your chars is the current one, the chibi portrait at the left bar quite hard to tell the guy and girl apart. (And talking about that, why is the guy wearing Lightning's clothes, lol.) I am guessing the d-pad can also select items menu?

Classic menu is still good as it shows the enemy hp. It can be very important to manage enemy hp if you want to capture it (especially when prismisation failed before, you don't want to kill it, need to heal it back then can try again). (Didn't check whether config has option to always display.)
Old 24-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #37
Master Member

so will you buy this game when its released ?
Haven't decided yet (and the language dilemma is making this harder). So far Asia store seems cheapest (I buy digital only) and the last PO day is tomorrow (PO gets Japanese voice pact for EN ver, or EN voice pact for CH ver). The demo didn't really help cos it's obviously not from the game itself, it's just showing the system. Will watch a streaming tonight, see if it helps to decide.

Haha nowadays rarely buy games on day 1. Too many backlog, not many new games need to kan cheong go play, and too many sales. Didn't even PO ff15 yet. So far this year I think I only bot UC4, Ratchet & Clank, and Root Letter on day 1/week 1. (Was going to buy Yakuza kiwami CH but they screwed us on Zero so ended up skipping. Was going to PO Last Guardian but last minute they took it off the store due to the delay, when they put it back later the 'buy $x get $x' promo was over so didn't feel like order, lol.)
Old 24-10-2016, 10:31 AM   #38
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks, didn't think of trying that cos it doesn't highlight the auto-selected target, thot cannot select. Talking about that, when it's your turn it also doesn't highlight clearly which of your chars is the current one, the chibi portrait at the left bar quite hard to tell the guy and girl apart. (And talking about that, why is the guy wearing Lightning's clothes, lol.) I am guessing the d-pad can also select items menu?

Classic menu is still good as it shows the enemy hp. It can be very important to manage enemy hp if you want to capture it (especially when prismisation failed before, you don't want to kill it, need to heal it back then can try again). (Didn't check whether config has option to always display.)
the chars look more like kingdom hearts chars.

when its your turn in combat, you can use the analog stick and push up or down or left or right and the active character portrait will be flashing. you can use each chars abilities by doing this too.

you can also fast forward in battle by pressing r1. you can use d-pad to ride a monster or chocobo when you are not in combat.

you can summon your champion tidus by pressing up on d-pad without going into classic menu. also by pressing d-pad during combat you can see the each of the monsters health without going into classic menu. when the monster is ready to be captured, it will glow but one monster i can never capture is ifrit.
Old 24-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #39
Master Member

Chinese version played...

Interesting story. Super long, super cute cutscenes.

In-game graphics seem better than the demo.

Ugh, what language to get!? The Chinese translation looks more natural to me. Japanese voice definitely much much better! Also CH ver has 1 extra in-game PO freebie.

BTW, based on the demo, save files are not compatible among EN, CH and JP. However the SG EN version is compatible with US EN version. Given the XO button usage, I believe SG EN is exactly the same as US EN, this may mean DLC compatibility (and the demo bonus in one EN version may work on another region full game). At least this is true for the demo (maybe they are too lazy to make another region ver).
Old 24-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which shop is bringing in this? Really excited over this

masashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 09:15 PM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which shop is bringing in this? Really excited over this
all shops that sell games are bringing in the standard edition. other editions like collector and artbook have to wait and see.
Old 24-10-2016, 09:16 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

This guy has been playing for a week or so liao https://www.twitch.tv/010011100101010001010010
masashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #43
Master Member

Damn it, cannot PO liao . Thot SG psn stated it's until today leh. If it's until 00:00 today, it should say until yesterday. Ugh thot I still have time to decide which language to get, great now they decided for me, wait for sale it is
Old 25-10-2016, 11:27 AM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

lookers likes this.
Old 25-10-2016, 07:22 PM   #45

Collected the game, can't wait to play!
p0mp0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.