HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Kawaii Game Lovers] WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2016, 06:26 PM   #61
Master Member

i know abit of japanese and the japanese dialogue and english subs is slightly off. it doesn't sound weird.
Tama, the talking white fox companion, has a habit of adding "-the" in its sentences.

That's probably one thing that the Japanese language might not be able to tally with the English language? Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Thanks. Ya, the use of "-the" feels very awkward to me in the demo.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:35 PM   #62
Master Member

saw that r2 copy is cheaper so will there be any issues with the dlc or will getting r3 be better
Generally if you buy a certain region of a game then you have to buy/game DLCs from the same region psn store. There are a lot of exceptions, when the game is not region locked in such way (and then they are some games that are locked in even more restrictive ways).

So if you buy R2 copy, then first of all you can only redeem the bonuses from UK/EU store (meaning you will need to create the corresponding account). And if you intend to buy future DLCs, you will also need to buy from UK/EU. If it's not free, you will need a means to pay for it (buying UK psn card, cos they don't accept SG credit card or paypal). And just to note, typically game and DLC prices on UK/EU are higher.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:17 PM   #63
Arch-Supremacy Member

this game really 100 hours????????????????
ard 35 hours for main and side quests exclude multiplayer.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #64
Arch-Supremacy Member

And there's a lot of post end game content to clear as well
masashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:43 PM   #65
Master Member

Does that include capturing every mirage? Or will that take 100 hours?
Old 03-11-2016, 08:12 PM   #66
Arch-Supremacy Member

If you like to things slow and thorough, the game should be decently long enough.

I have been watching the walkthrough for a while now (see one of my posts above if you don't mind spoilers), you will need to change and improve your Mirages rather often to suit the scenario/environment you are in.

Otherwise you will be wasting quite a lot of gil on potions and phoenix down
Old 03-11-2016, 08:39 PM   #67
Arch-Supremacy Member

And there's a lot of post end game content to clear as well
there is not much post end game content except one true ending and 4 extra dungeons.

you will capture abt 85%-90% of mirages from main and side quests. end game only got 4 dungeons and they are short.

i think they stated 100 hours which include multiplayer. you can level up your mirages and compete in battle with other players which equal to many hours.

If you like to things slow and thorough, the game should be decently long enough.

I have been watching the walkthrough for a while now (see one of my posts above if you don't mind spoilers), you will need to change and improve your Mirages rather often to suit the scenario/environment you are in.

Otherwise you will be wasting quite a lot of gil on potions and phoenix down
in the game you will earn alot of gil but there is nothing for you to buy. you dun even need potions and phoenix down if your mirages are strong. my shiva and ifrit pretty much kill anything.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:37 PM   #68

Played for 35 hours, at chp 16.
There are many side quest to do along the way, I've completed most of them:
- Murkrift
- capturing rare mirage, almost every map has 1
- coliseum (not much)
- Intervene events, can unlock rare mirage

i would say this game is a must play for any RPG lovers. FF fans will enjoy it even more.
DrBaldwin and ethan89 like this.
p0mp0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #69
Master Member

btw, how's the AI auto-combat? Long time didn't play turn-based rpg, a bit worried that it will get too repetitive/boring if have to manual play every battle, especially when grinding against lower level enemies.

There's nothing you can configure for the auto-combat right, only on or off (clicking touch pad to toggle), cannot set up different rules like in "Tales Of" games.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:55 PM   #70
Arch-Supremacy Member

btw, how's the AI auto-combat? Long time didn't play turn-based rpg, a bit worried that it will get too repetitive/boring if have to manual play every battle, especially when grinding against lower level enemies.

There's nothing you can configure for the auto-combat right, only on or off (clicking touch pad to toggle), cannot set up different rules like in "Tales Of" games.
Ai auto-combat is still alright. there is nothing to configure.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:12 PM   #71
Arch-Supremacy Member

For soundtrack lovers

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...RXTKT9rJNWBanX
Old 13-11-2016, 09:52 AM   #72
Greater Supremacy Member

there is only 1 save slot and it can be uploaded to their server. first time final fantasy game has this feature.

there are save point at your home base, at the entrance of dungeons, before a boss fight etc.

dun need to worry abt save points cos this game even if you die, you will only end up transported back to home base without any loss of experience points etc. save points can replenish your hp as well as action points. only exception is if the area is controlled by enemy and you died then you have to reload your save game.

i bought physical copy so my bonuses are in the form of dlc code.

for sephiroth champion, you will unlock him automatically once you gain the ability to summon champion. each time can only select 3 champions.

the other 3 bonus monsters which are red bonnetberry, glow moogle and white chocobo will be unlocked when you gain the ability to travel to coliseum in the game. to gain the use of them, you have to fight them in the coliseum and capture them like pokemons. their levels are high so i am not able to win as it will be a 1 hit ko.

also this game has multiplayer features where you can trade monsters you have captured with other players. most players are cheapo where they will only trade a level 1 goblin which is very common and useless. hardly can find players to trade rare monsters.

there is also multiplayer battle with other players using monsters. you create your own stack of monsters and battle others.

i switched between english and japanese and finally decided to stick with english. it sounds nicer than japanese for some reason.

the summon got limited times i think. how to refill the summon ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 11:49 AM   #73
Arch-Supremacy Member

the summon got limited times i think. how to refill the summon ?
summon the champions?? you can refill it by fighting more battles or taking the random item given by serafie the fairy.
Old 13-11-2016, 02:51 PM   #74
Greater Supremacy Member

summon the champions?? you can refill it by fighting more battles or taking the random item given by serafie the fairy.
i see. so far do you like this game?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #75
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone interested to discuss about the game plot here?

Spoilers:
Spoiler!

ethan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.