[Official] Monster Hunter World discussion thread

nivlac9

Reaction score
Would similar boost stack? Eg demon powder, demon drug and might pill?

I soled T.Kirin with dualblade. it's not easy but not too hard as long as you dun get greedy with damage. Go In, Whack a few time, Come out.

Get vitality mantle & Thunderproof mantle, use them alternately, learn his moveset and dodge it, eat whatever dmg and def boost you have.

E.g: Demon Powder, Demondrug, MegaDemon Drug, Might pill
Hardshell powder, Armorskin, MegaArmor Skin, Adamant pill

Not to forget, a must have in ur inventory, Powercharm, Powertalon, Armorcharm and Armortalon

Oh ya, if you can boost your thunder resistance to 20, anything more than that also useless.

Greenworm

Reaction score
Yo, might seed and might pill dont think can stack, demondrug and mega demondrug can’t also. It’s like same category cannot stack one.

You can take pne might pill and mega demondrug tho because they are from different category!

Need someone to confirm this tho!

Greenworm

Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, resistance after 20 will totally negate the effects of blight effects, eg after you hit 20 for thunder resistance, you won’t be affected by thunderblight. Same fors for the fire,ice etc...

Need some pros to correct if im wrong tho!

Thanks for info, while i managed to solo the 1st kirin, it was hard on the 2nd one. But heng heng gt ppl join me so i cleared it.

Btw, why resistance over 20 is useless? Presume same for others as well?

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wondering how Capcom and Guerrilla came to agreement to release Horizon Zero Dawn outfit in MHW lol

smallfish

Reaction score
Anyone use hunting horn? When u line up the melody and press R2. Does it do dmg? I see sometime the char kick his hunting horn doing dmg. But some time just play song .. I new to hunting horn.

Yes it does do dmg with R2.

When doing R2 to play the notes, you will have 2 dmg number showing up where the additional number is the wave dmg. In fact, R2 attack is one of the strongest hit for Horn.

When doing R2, you will strike first then go into position of playing the music. While playing music, there are no dmg.

First R2 usually has one strike, while second R2 (encore) has one strike (if it is 2 notes song Aka Self-Improvement), two strike (if it is front / left / right R2), three strike (backward R2). Do note that this means pushing the left stick in the direction your character is facing and not just up down left right.

If you do not need the song buff or when you just have a smaller window to hit, you can cancel out of the music part by dodging straight after the last strike.
It is optimal to do R2 > music > R2(encore) > dodge out before music as it skip the last music part saving you some time.

Hope this helps.

Erinyee

Reaction score
Very chim. But thank you.

Yes it does do dmg with R2.

When doing R2 to play the notes, you will have 2 dmg number showing up where the additional number is the wave dmg. In fact, R2 attack is one of the strongest hit for Horn.

When doing R2, you will strike first then go into position of playing the music. While playing music, there are no dmg.

First R2 usually has one strike, while second R2 (encore) has one strike (if it is 2 notes song Aka Self-Improvement), two strike (if it is front / left / right R2), three strike (backward R2). Do note that this means pushing the left stick in the direction your character is facing and not just up down left right.

If you do not need the song buff or when you just have a smaller window to hit, you can cancel out of the music part by dodging straight after the last strike.
It is optimal to do R2 > music > R2(encore) > dodge out before music as it skip the last music part saving you some time.

Hope this helps.

djkyno

Reaction score

Yo, might seed and might pill dont think can stack, demondrug and mega demondrug can’t also. It’s like same category cannot stack one.

You can take pne might pill and mega demondrug tho because they are from different category!

Need someone to confirm this tho!

For what i know, the boost stacks up. there is a video on youtube explaining about this. I always take in all 8 of the available boost before i head out.

And i confirm you can take 1 of each. Not more than 1 though

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, I like the game but wont be getting any time soon. Very tired of online focus games ever since Destiny 1, can't commit that much time to one game.

Wrong. Most of the time for MHW I play alone and solo. Not hard. Esp if you read up some guides along the way.

Lemon Porter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lemon Porter

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Greenworm

Reaction score
Come come i will teach you all i know :)

Join lemon’s discord and look for Greenworm

Hi guys, I'm new to PS4.

I have recently purchased MHW. I am a total noob in the game. Would appreciate some guidance in the game, if possible.

May I know if anyone is willing to teach me in the game itself? my ID is hhLwarrior. Thank you if there are any kind souls around. =)

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Curious, when nergigante fly up and do his dive bomb, can i flash him?

Ytd when playing with pub, he did an attack which made us all fall, then did his dive bomb, all 4 of us died instantly. Lol. Literally mission failed...

Also, if u all use discord, u all use what platform to chat? Pc or phone?

rampage333

Banned
Reaction score
Ya u can flash, but usually is in a 'nick of time' i would rather do a superman dive.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.