HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Monster Hunter World discussion thread

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #871

Carted tons of times. This is not even HR kirin. Needed sos to help me clear... Can't imagine tempered.

If you want to make Kirin armor or weapons then need to farm for mats mah.

To fight tempered Kirin, just stack as much Thunder resist as possible and eat food at canteen to boost elemental resist large.

For armor, I recommend using the Uragaan armor. Some of the pieces come with Thunder resistance skill and part breaker, which is also useful to break his horn.

When you fight the Kirin, just target his head (his only weak spot) and adopt hit and run tactic.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT
nivlac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 01:28 AM   #872
Supremacy Member

Guys what u all do after finish the story quest?
Keep farming quest to up HR?
bendi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 02:06 AM   #873

Good morning yo, here is part 1 of your explanation

Monster Hunter World revolutionised quite a number of stuff actually so lemme try chewing down the big confusing puzzle into bite size for you.

In the past majority series of the game, we have two types of the same armor. Meaning to say if i want a Rathalos armor, i’ll have to craft one set for gunner and another set for blademaster depending on which side i wanna play or if i’m to play both, Just imagine the grind.

Gunner Armor for Range weaponary.
- Very Low overall armor ratings so as to balance the game i guessed?
- skills that favors range combat eg stronger pierce shot and additional charge level for your bow, making it extremely powerful.

BladeMaster Armor for Melee weaponary
- Higher overall armor for better survivability head on.
- skills that favors melee combat eg quick weapon polish and razor sharp weapon to let your weapon stay sharp longer.

Some skills like critical chance, focus fast charging and earplug etc are universal and can be used by both melee and range users, but we still have to craft our own respective armor containing the skills.

Sad to say during those times, a gunner can’t wear the blademaster’s armor and vices versa, accept only for our helmet so sometimes you’ll see a gunner wearing a blademaster’s helmet to squeeze that extra bit of armor for high rank quest

A noob question. I just started playing over the weekend and I read online that there are 3 types of armour - light/medium/heavy. However in the game, there isn't any description that says if a certain armour belongs to which type. How do I tell?
Greenworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 02:29 AM   #874

Part 2

Also for armor skills, you will need to addup a certain number to activate the skill. Lets take our favourite skill the Critical Chance which is named Expert ingame, you would need

10pts for 10% crit chance
15pts for 20% crit chance
20pts for 30% crit chance

Skills with positive effects also comes with negative effects if you decides to wear the full set of the armor. Some make you take more damage, drains stamina faster and take more damage to a certain element.

This really test the players during that era to mix and match and abit of RNG to create the perfect armor set.

Now back to Monster Hunter World!

You will only need to create one set of armor for both the gunner and blademaster. No more negative armor skills, this version of monster hunter only carries helpful armor skills.

You also don’t necessary need to equip the full set to meet the requirements to activate your armor skill,(until late game you might have to equip a certain number of the the same armor set to activate a more unique skill made for that particular piece of armor).

But rest assured it’s alot more user friendly now so don’t be confuse and leave me a message if you need help with the game mechanics, we will replay asap!

TLDR version is

- No 3 types of armor, only one type now for both range and melee. (Or go naked and fight)

- you mix and match skillset to match your playstyle (if you like to drink potion fast, you can choose armor with skills that boost your eating speed)

- We try our best to be your google

A noob question. I just started playing over the weekend and I read online that there are 3 types of armour - light/medium/heavy. However in the game, there isn't any description that says if a certain armour belongs to which type. How do I tell?
Old 20-02-2018, 03:08 AM   #875

Yea! From here on you’ll keep increasing your HR to unlock more and more tempered monster.

Now till hr 29, you will start seeing tempered monster of a smaller scale main puki puki, barroth.

Once you hit hr 29, you’ll fight the two tempered carpet bombers Bazelgeuse. After kill em, you will starting taking quest which involves the mid range tempered monster like Bazelgeuse itself, the red dog thing and rathalos etc.

Fight fight fight till you’ve hit HR 49 you’ll again get another quest to hunt an rampaging tempered Kirin! When you finally killed em, you will start seeing tempered elder dragons which drops these weapon specific stones that allows you to further modify your fully upgraded weapons giving them either attack, critical chance, slots etc.

From here onwards hunt even more and get yourself to HR 100.

Legend has it that you will be given a very difficult quest to hunt three of the most aggressive elder dragons in the elder’s recess.

Completing it allows you to craft a special piece of armor that can be quite useful depending on how you view it.

Also you’ll be able to craft some of the most most efficient charms that directly complement your playstyle.

After that i guessed it’s finally breaktime i guess, till we have further game updates. (Devilhoe)

Happy carting aloha! My info may not be accurate but it should be around there one bah!

Guys what u all do after finish the story quest?
Keep farming quest to up HR?
Old 20-02-2018, 07:39 AM   #876
Master Member

Thanks a lot for the explanation!

Part 2

Also for armor skills, you will need to addup a certain number to activate the skill. Lets take our favourite skill the Critical Chance which is named Expert ingame, you would need

10pts for 10% crit chance
15pts for 20% crit chance
20pts for 30% crit chance

Skills with positive effects also comes with negative effects if you decides to wear the full set of the armor. Some make you take more damage, drains stamina faster and take more damage to a certain element.

This really test the players during that era to mix and match and abit of RNG to create the perfect armor set.

Now back to Monster Hunter World!

You will only need to create one set of armor for both the gunner and blademaster. No more negative armor skills, this version of monster hunter only carries helpful armor skills.

You also donít necessary need to equip the full set to meet the requirements to activate your armor skill,(until late game you might have to equip a certain number of the the same armor set to activate a more unique skill made for that particular piece of armor).

But rest assured itís alot more user friendly now so donít be confuse and leave me a message if you need help with the game mechanics, we will replay asap!

TLDR version is

- No 3 types of armor, only one type now for both range and melee. (Or go naked and fight)

- you mix and match skillset to match your playstyle (if you like to drink potion fast, you can choose armor with skills that boost your eating speed)

- We try our best to be your google
skies86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 03:09 PM   #877
Supremacy Member

Regarding the mix and match of armour set, is it necessary or can I just go for a full set of a particular armour? Letís say I have the full xeno armour which is the highest defense armour I can crafft now.
Old 20-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #878

So if lvl 36 HR now, have to farm till HR49 to unlock more things. So just keep killing 3 elder dragon to farm their armor? I am a bow user.
Erinyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 03:29 PM   #879
Arch-Supremacy Member

Regarding the mix and match of armour set, is it necessary or can I just go for a full set of a particular armour? Letís say I have the full xeno armour which is the highest defense armour I can crafft now.
you can mix and match your armour set to suit your own playstyle or weapon. some high rank armour got bonus skills if you stack 3 of the same armour sets.
Old 20-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #880

Regarding the mix and match of armour set, is it necessary or can I just go for a full set of a particular armour? Let’s say I have the full xeno armour which is the highest defense armour I can craft now.
need to see their skills. xeno set not very good for melee.

example mix and match i got earplug5, handicraft4, weak exploit3 (w/o gems). personally i feel very much better then xeno set alot (for melee).

PS. recommend everyone go experience earplug. now i can't live w/o earplug. its either 0 or 5, don't bother with lv2/3/4.

Last edited by dio brando; 20-02-2018 at 03:43 PM..
dio brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 04:03 PM   #881
Supremacy Member

need to see their skills. xeno set not very good for melee.

example mix and match i got earplug5, handicraft4, weak exploit3 (w/o gems). personally i feel very much better then xeno set alot (for melee).

PS. recommend everyone go experience earplug. now i can't live w/o earplug. its either 0 or 5, don't bother with lv2/3/4.
But if mix and match, the total defense not very high?
Old 20-02-2018, 04:45 PM   #882

Hey there,

Try not to focus too much on defense first, put em on 2nd priority because later on you can upgrade it with armor sphere to compensate the lower defence.

Try to mix and match armor for now like for example i have three pieces of Teostra piece to provide me with the what’s called the Teostra Technique which cause my weapon to not lose sharpness upon critical hits, also it has maxed out weakness and exploit which cause hits to the weak parts of the monster to be have increased critical chances.

For my head armor i chose the glasses that gives three points into my Expert skills which gives me more chances to get a critical hit.

Next is my charm i too also chose the master’s charm and fully upgrade it to level 3 and it also adds another three points into expert, even more critical chances!

Lastly my chest gives me faster stamina recovery or constitution to reduce stamina drain speed.

Most of this armor guide can be found online so go ahead and copy them like how we roll!

Regarding the mix and match of armour set, is it necessary or can I just go for a full set of a particular armour? Let’s say I have the full xeno armour which is the highest defense armour I can crafft now.
Old 20-02-2018, 08:04 PM   #883

any squad to join?
HR 6x main lancer here
din read the entire thread spend more time gaming
or can pm me ur psn id i add
thanks!
belmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 09:00 PM   #884
Master Member

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/7yt6d1/boom_goes_the_tempkirin_satisfying_solo_kill/

First time uploading my vid using PS4! Its quite easy.
cuttlefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 09:45 PM   #885
Arch-Supremacy Member

First time uploading my vid using PS4! Its quite easy.
how you know the kirin will drop there??
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.