HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Monster Hunter World discussion thread

Like Tree69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2018, 10:07 PM   #886
Master Member

how you know the kirin will drop there??
its the standard route for Kirin. Its the Hr49 tempered version, you need to stalk it for tracks and unlock investigations before completing it
WhiteHunter likes this.
cuttlefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 01:31 AM   #887

Just beat the HR100 optional quest fighting 3 elder dragons. Now really nothing left for me to do other than to grind for hero's streamstone to upgrade my weapons. So far I have 4 stones and none for bow or switchaxe. Stupid rng.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT
Paper_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #888

Did you try out the newly available charms?

Just beat the HR100 optional quest fighting 3 elder dragons. Now really nothing left for me to do other than to grind for hero's streamstone to upgrade my weapons. So far I have 4 stones and none for bow or switchaxe. Stupid rng.

Greenworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 12:31 PM   #889

Did you try out the newly available charms?
Nope. All need elder dragon gems. I'm saving those for my weapons.

Old 21-02-2018, 01:25 PM   #890
Supremacy Member

can share your bow build

Kwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 02:28 PM   #891
Arch-Supremacy Member

any squad to join?
HR 6x main lancer here
din read the entire thread spend more time gaming
or can pm me ur psn id i add
thanks!
Yes.

Discord:
https://discord.gg/PZU7rF
Lemon Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 03:05 PM   #892

Heard from my friends they’re all pretty good charms sia! Can’t wait to hit hr 100!

Old 21-02-2018, 03:55 PM   #893
Arch-Supremacy Member

Heard from my friends they’re all pretty good charms sia! Can’t wait to hit hr 100!
what are those charms??
Old 21-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #894

I copied from the internet,

Gale Charm : Affinity Sliding, Airborne (Research Comission Ticketx1, Odagoron Gem x1, Legiana Gem x1, Dragoncore Ore x2) --Light Brown Glow

WyrmSlayer Charm : Elderseal Boost, Dragon Attack 1 (Research Commision Ticket x1, Xeno'jiiva Gem x1, Vaal Hazak Talon x1, Dragoncore Ore x2 ) --Red Glow

Bulwark Charm : Guard Up, Resuscitate ( Research Comission Ticket x1, Majestic Horn x2, Black spiral horn+ x2, Dragoncore Ore x2) --Purple glow

Penetration Charm : Piercing Shots ( Research Comission Ticket x1, Xeno'jiiva Gem x1, Xeno'jiiva Tail x3, Dragoncore x1) --Blue Necklace

Dispersal Charm : Spread/Power Shots (Research Comission Ticket x1, Nergigante Gem x1, Nergigante Tail x3, Dragoncore Orex1) -- Green Necklace

Looking real good sia!

what are those charms??
WhiteHunter likes this.
Old 21-02-2018, 06:41 PM   #895
Arch-Supremacy Member

All the charms very useless le lol.
justln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #896
Arch-Supremacy Member

All the charms very useless le lol.
wyrmslayer charm if you are going to slay elder dragons. other than this still prefer attack and defence boost charms.
Old 21-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #897

Nergigante weapon seems quite good stats?
kennerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 08:18 PM   #898

Nergigante weapon seems quite good stats?
yea its good, straight away high blue sharpness. for some weapons i feel xeno series is better. 2x 3slot gem hole. u're technically wearing bazelgeuse head/or belt (earplug2), or kushala body (handicraft2) on your weapon...
dio brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #899

can share your bow build
Cera Coilbender
Kadachi Helm Beta
Kaiser Mail Beta
Kaiser Vambraces Alpha
Rath Soul Coil Alpha
Diablos Nero Greaves Beta
Attack Charm III
Affinity Booster
Vitality Mantle

Decorations:
Expert Jewel
Attack Jewel
Tenderizer Jewel
Vitality Jewel x3
Elementless Jewel

This is not optimal due to me refusing to use the fugly Dragon King Eyepatch. Fashion hunter FTW.

I get my Weakness Exploit from Kaiser Vambraces + Jewel to get lvl 3. If you use the Eye Patch, you can get replace Kaiser Vambraces with something else with lvl 2 gem slot to put Mighty Bow jewel (which I also have).

Diablos Nero Greaves can be interchanged with Lavasioth greaves which gives Spread/Power Shot instead of the Normal Shots. I chose the Diablos greaves as you will fire more normal shots than Dragon Piercer, and my Dragon Piercer is already boosted. Max damage dragon piercer looks really good if you're showing off in Youtube videos but it's not really needed.

The Vitality gems are just filler. Ideally, I would put 4x Attack gems and use Fitness charm instead, so that I can spam arrows like nobody's business. I only have 2 Attack Gems now since they are quite rare. If you are really anal about your Affinity, you can slot 5 Expert Jewels. If you Augment your weapon, you can cancel out the -ve Affinity of the Diablos bow completely. Meanwhile the Affinity Booster still works wonders.

Against specific enemies like Kirin or Vaal Hazark, you can easily swap out those filler slots with Resistance gems. This setup already has decent Fire & Thunder resist, and no negative as Dragon which are the 3 most important Element you should watch out.

You can see my damage is 323 which is considered very high for a bow. This build is to max raw damage with the Diablos bow.

Old 21-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #900
Supremacy Member

The Vaal Hazak Armor has an absolutely insane set bonus. Having at least three pieces of the armor on gives you passive health regeneration at all times. While that may not seem earth-shattering on paper, it gets crazy when you take certain modifiers into account.

The Recovery Speed armor skill directly affects the health regeneration effect, which seems completely intentional considering the Alpha Vaal Hazak set has several points of it. For those unaware, Recovery Speed dramatically increases how quickly the red bit of your health bar regenerates, so seeing that crazy regenerative effect carry over to the rest of the health bar is dizzying, to say the least.

On top of all that, the Alpha set even has a skill called Full Charge, which increases your attack power at maximum health. Since you'll be at full health a lot with this armor, the skill is actually enticing and really rounds out an already nice set. It's definitely a set that's well worth the grind.
bendi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.