HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club

Like Tree715Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #3331

Hi bros, is the christmas bundle worth it? I'm also thinking of getting the camera (@$88) and psn membership ($50 per year?), so total will be $760+. Regretted missing out on the Rakuten deal few days back (20%), but that one came without games.

Also, does it make a difference if I buy from Sony store or some other game shops?
Christmas got how many free games ?
Old 10-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #3332
Supremacy Member

Hi bros, is the christmas bundle worth it? I'm also thinking of getting the camera (@$88) and psn membership ($50 per year?), so total will be $760+. Regretted missing out on the Rakuten deal few days back (20%), but that one came without games.

Also, does it make a difference if I buy from Sony store or some other game shops?
Might want to consider this?

$649
Also includes
  • LittleBigPlanet 3
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son (digital)
  • Escape Plan (digital)
  • RESOGUN (digital)
  • 1-year extended warranty service (so total is 12mths + 3mths + 12mths = 27mths)

For ps+, get the us version from amazon instead.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #3333
Supremacy Member

qisahn pay cash will give you $20 store credit for next purchase. not bad ?
Old 10-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #3334

Personally I think the Xmas bundle is a good deal, especially if you like the games that are bundled with it. You will be hard pressed to find a better deal without going through many loops. At least this one you can just go out and get it now hassle free.

I already have 3 of the games given (LBP3, Second Son & Resogun) and I like all of them.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #3335

Might want to consider this?

$649
Also includes
  • LittleBigPlanet 3
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son (digital)
  • Escape Plan (digital)
  • RESOGUN (digital)
  • 1-year extended warranty service (so total is 12mths + 3mths + 12mths = 27mths)

For ps+, get the us version from amazon instead.
Ya, thats the deal I'm looking at. So it makes no difference to buy it from Sony store or other game shop right?

Funny thing is I remember the guy from Bugis Sony store telling me to top up $50 for the camera, but when I went to Nex sony, they said its $88. I might have heard wrongly though.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #3336
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ya, thats the deal I'm looking at. So it makes no difference to buy it from Sony store or other game shop right?

Funny thing is I remember the guy from Bugis Sony store telling me to top up $50 for the camera, but when I went to Nex sony, they said its $88. I might have heard wrongly though.
if you lucked out and sold all the games it comes with and buy back watever games u actually wanted, very worth it.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #3337
Arch-Supremacy Member

does Sony shop provide CC 0% installment plan?
Old 10-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #3338

can't sell leh.. coz only one game (little big planet i think) is disc, the rest are preloaded into the ps4. This is according to the game shop la.

Anyway, thanks bros! I'll go get the pack later.

One more question about the PS+, I read through the thread and came to the following conclusion

- US PS+ is better, got more frequent updates and freebies.
- To get US PS+, need to do a bit of sidetracking and register via 3rd party.
- All games are region free, but if I buy a local game in Singapore, I will have to sign in using my local PS+ account to get updates and DLCs? Can someone confirm this? kamsia kamsia!
Old 10-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #3339
Supremacy Member

can't sell leh.. coz only one game (little big planet i think) is disc, the rest are preloaded into the ps4. This is according to the game shop la.

One more question about the PS+, I read through the thread and came to the following conclusion

- All games are region free, but if I buy a local game in Singapore, I will have to sign in using my local PS+ account to get updates and DLCs? Can someone confirm this? kamsia kamsia!
I think the 3 digital games are download codes lah.
- US PS+ is better due to the more ps+ discounts, store also got more games and dlcs
- US PS+ buy from amazon. (Amazon.com: 1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership - PS3/ PS4/ PS Vita [Digital Code]: Video Games)
- You can buy the DLC for local games (R3) from SG PS Store. You just need to create a SG PSN Account. No need PS+ at all. Updates does not require PS+ also.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #3340
Supremacy Member

does Sony shop provide CC 0% installment plan?
Yes they do.

Installment plans are only available for eligible credit cards issued locally with selected Banks. Installment plans are only available for total spending of $500 and above in a single invoice. Installment period are available in 6, 12 and 24 months. For more T&C for installment, please check with counter staff.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #3341
Arch-Supremacy Member

Then sell the LBP3 and get Dragon Age or GTA V etc.

If i recall correctly, u can register by visiting the US PSN website and use a US address. The US address just anyhow hoot like use your Comgateway or 65Daigou United States address if necessary. Been a few years since i last done that

You can just simply login using your registered email, the region your PSN belongs to is already pegged during your online registration. The console doesnt care. DLC and price change in the digital products will be reflected automatically when you surf the PSN store. You won't be asked whether the Store to be displayed in Asian or US context.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:48 PM   #3342
Greater Supremacy Member

those who buy ps4 from rakuten last week, have the points been added to your rakuten account yet?
Old 10-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #3343
Supremacy Member

those who buy ps4 from rakuten last week, have the points been added to your rakuten account yet?
pts are credited 8 or 10days after delivery. 5ere is a FAQ on Rakuten site.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #3344

Then sell the LBP3 and get Dragon Age or GTA V etc.

If i recall correctly, u can register by visiting the US PSN website and use a US address. The US address just anyhow hoot like use your Comgateway or 65Daigou United States address if necessary. Been a few years since i last done that

You can just simply login using your registered email, the region your PSN belongs to is already pegged during your online registration. The console doesnt care. DLC and price change in the digital products will be reflected automatically when you surf the PSN store. You won't be asked whether the Store to be displayed in Asian or US context.
Hi bro, meaning I only need to have one psn account (US)? And how to buy the gift card from amazon? I tried going to the website but it says only valid for customers living in the US..

Last edited by hazardous; 10-12-2014 at 04:07 PM..
Old 10-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #3345
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi bro, meaning I only need to have one psn account (US)? And how to buy the gift card from amazon? I tried going to the website but it says only valid for customers living in the US..
Yeah u only need 1 US PSN account that you will mainly be playing on. You can probably create 1 Asia PSN account its FOC anyway although i didnt have so far i never find a need to.

When you pay for your PS+ you will peg it to your US account. You just need the shipping address to be a US address thats all, you will purchase the Digital Code version after payment u can see the code in your amazon account. If u need a US shipping address just the one from your Comgateway or Borderlinx whichever u have.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.