[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_invictus

Reaction score
Heh i was half expecting someone to post this. The thing is, creative themselves sell this headset as 'being compatible' with ps4 by plugging into the controller(without the need of any other peripherals). Since there was no place to go and actually check it, i relied on their claim. Unfortunately the claim is untrue. Which is why i consider this a case of 'false advertising'.

I agree with you. If there were no such claim, the onus wouldve been on me. Not in this case though.

Onus is on you to do your due diligence to check the specs to suit your "intended" outcome.

There are prolly a million devices out there with a headphone out.
Just because theres a 3.5mm connector, doesn't mean that it will work as intended.

How can creative tell you anything if you didn't even ask a technical person from creative side to confirm.

Now you say creative is in the wrong?

The product is working fine and you already opened the box and used it.
You're better off selling it or using it for other purposes.

btw 50mm drivers have big punchy bass but you need abit of power to drive it to ideal volume, the ps4 controller won't have the space to house the components.

el_invictus

Reaction score
Highly unlikely that you would get a better deal in q1 2016. The price drop has happened for now. Next one probably wont be before the holidays next year.

Hello! I've recently decided to get a PS4 but I can't decide if I should buy now (Qoo/Sony shop both selling at 499/569) or if I should wait until next year for one of the IT fairs. Will the prices have decreased by then?

Opinions greatly appreciated thanks! :)

stridersd

Reaction score
Hello! I've recently decided to get a PS4 but I can't decide if I should buy now (Qoo/Sony shop both selling at 499/569) or if I should wait until next year for one of the IT fairs. Will the prices have decreased by then?

Now is already the biggest drop in price, with Sony year end promo + qoo10 $100 coupon. 2 promotions into one.
Yes it will definitely get cheaper over time (which item doesn't), but definitely not much more unless you really wait a long time.

jovially

Reaction score

not sure next year Mach IT show will sell PS4.
I waited Dec Sitex but end up not selling.
At the end. got it from Qoo10 with some coupon discount

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Highly unlikely that you would get a better deal in q1 2016. The price drop has happened for now. Next one probably wont be before the holidays next year.

for price drop then wait for ps5 then wait again for ps6 etc. actually now is the best time to buy ps4 unless you are waiting for ps4 slim.

stridersd

Reaction score
Damn just realise Usa psn has so many sweet sweet deals for Xmas, up to 80% off. Asia psn only 10% off deal for xmas... I will be getting FFX/X2 for USD $30.

By the way what's the diff in PSN Plus for Asia and US, apart from the sales promotion. Because PSN Plus cost only SGD$43.90 for Asia, but USD$50 for US, which is around SGD$75 almost 75% more.

The player base access is different? Asia account mainly matches with Asia players? I don't think so right... Because from PS3 experience they match you with least latency. Hmm... Does anyone knows?

Anyone can help me with my question?

I want to get PSN plus, but not sure to get Asia or USA as $43.90 compared to $75 is quite significant.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for those who have yet to try street fighter v, capcom is having another beta test. can go download and play.

samloi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asia account log on asia server, US account log on US server.....at least thats what i have been told. The PSN shop also different depending on which account you log into. Eg. US PSN shop have Yakuza 5, asia PSN dont have. US PSN also dont accept singapore credit card and paypal accounts with address not in US

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can help me with my question?

I want to get PSN plus, but not sure to get Asia or USA as $43.90 compared to $75 is quite significant.

you buy games from asia or us psn? or you like me only play physical discs?

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asia account log on asia server, US account log on US server.....at least thats what i have been told. The PSN shop also different depending on which account you log into. Eg. US PSN shop have Yakuza 5, asia PSN dont have. US PSN also dont accept singapore credit card and paypal accounts with address not in US

you can always buy us psn card from local game stores or you can apply for a vpost with us address.

stridersd

Reaction score

Least latency matching is correct. It wont match you based on psn location

Thank you very much.

So I guess for PSN Asia account:

Pros:
1. Cheaper ($43.90 compared to $75 which would increase further as USD/SGD will rise after Fed future rate hikes, looking at possible 1.8 or even 2)

2. Can use credit card straight debit

Cons:
1. US PSN plus offer better discounts as a plus member, in terms of amount of savings and game choices

So I guess it depends on if you are likely to purchase a lot of digital games, US PSN plus is better. If you are a more physical copy/2nd hand guy, Asia PSN plus is better (you can still purchase games from US PSN when there are sales).

Is is right?

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much.

So I guess for PSN Asia account:

Pros:
1. Cheaper ($43.90 compared to $75 which would increase further as USD/SGD will rise after Fed future rate hikes, looking at possible 1.8 or even 2)

2. Can use credit card straight debit

Cons:
1. US PSN plus offer better discounts as a plus member, in terms of amount of savings and game choices

So I guess it depends on if you are likely to purchase a lot of digital games, US PSN plus is better. If you are a more physical copy/2nd hand guy, Asia PSN plus is better (you can still purchase games from US PSN when there are sales).

Is is right?

correct.. :o

stridersd

Reaction score
you buy games from asia or us psn? or you like me only play physical discs?

I prefer digital to be honest, cos I hate keep taking out disc and insert disc when on off the ps4. Very troublesome. I will be buying FFX and Street fighter V digital copy.

But I also like buying in carousel because really cheaper by a lot. Sorry ah, uncle very broke please don't look down on me buying second hand games.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I prefer digital to be honest, cos I hate keep taking out disc and insert disc when on off the ps4. Very troublesome. I will be buying FFX and Street fighter V digital copy.

But I also like buying in carousel because really cheaper by a lot. Sorry ah, uncle very broke please don't look down on me buying second hand games.

then which one you buy more? 2nd hand games or digital?
if you buy more digital then just get us psn plus.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

then you need to upgrade hdd to a higher capacity.

personally i don't really like digital.. because its takes so long to download even of fibre connection and it takes up lots of space in hdd.

Another thing is you can't sell away digital games to other people.

the only good thing is digital games, the prices can be really attractive at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.