HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club

Like Tree715Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2015, 06:03 PM   #7891
Master Member

Don't ask you how then you ownself check fellow people alr. Either you staff or related to someone in the IT field or some good deal overseas.

Not interested to share then don't share lor.
Not about sharing or not. No more such deal/lobang.

Point of post is upgrading of PS4 hdd to a 2tb (after firmware 2.5) is a breeze.

Old 16-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #7892
Arch-Supremacy Member

Point of post is upgrading of PS4 hdd to a 2tb (after firmware 2.5) is a breeze.

Then say no more la. Don't need to make it sound like you had a superior deal while others have to llst.

You sure your post meant to focus on the transfer? Don't kid yourself.
Old 16-11-2015, 06:11 PM   #7893
High Supremacy Member

Rather go ssd than bigger hdd... cut down on loading times... Played my fren ps4, loading time damn long....
Old 16-11-2015, 06:12 PM   #7894

Rather go ssd than bigger hdd... cut down on loading times... Played my fren ps4, loading time damn long....
hello shadow how r u
Old 16-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #7895
Master Member

Not really a significant gain of speed to choose SSD over HDD. (Of course faster is better if money is not an issue ) Most AAA titles take up 40-50gb even if u purchase the physical copies.

Old 16-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #7896
High Supremacy Member

Later go home try killzone shadow fall
Old 16-11-2015, 07:06 PM   #7897
High Supremacy Member

Not really a significant gain of speed to choose SSD over HDD. (Of course faster is better if money is not an issue ) Most AAA titles take up 40-50gb even if u purchase the physical copies.

Hmm, so a 7200rpm hdd or 1tb sshd is more advisable? I do have a spare 240gb ssd lying ard as portable hdd.
Old 16-11-2015, 07:08 PM   #7898
Emeritus Honorary Member

Hmm, so a 7200rpm hdd or 1tb sshd is more advisable? I do have a spare 240gb ssd lying ard as portable hdd.
240ssd dont think enough
I think at least 1-2tb🙊
Old 16-11-2015, 07:20 PM   #7899
High Supremacy Member

240ssd dont think enough
I think at least 1-2tb🙊
Apologies if i sound noob in ps4 stuff, iirc, when i buy a disc and load into the ps4, it will install some files into the system. Once i am finished with the game, i am able to delete those files except for the saved files.

Is the above correct? Coz the console will be purely for gaming, not storing movies and all. Unless i buy digital games.
Old 16-11-2015, 07:30 PM   #7900
Arch-Supremacy Member

Apologies if i sound noob in ps4 stuff, iirc, when i buy a disc and load into the ps4, it will install some files into the system. Once i am finished with the game, i am able to delete those files except for the saved files.

Is the above correct? Coz the console will be purely for gaming, not storing movies and all. Unless i buy digital games.
Also curious about the files, don't think it's the complete game as we still need the CD to run it

Are they installing updates for the online feature of the game?

Old 16-11-2015, 07:45 PM   #7901
High Supremacy Member

Also curious about the files, don't think it's the complete game as we still need the CD to run it

Are they installing updates for the online feature of the game?
I remember its something like installing the main files, but you will need the CD to run them.... But i know can delete those files except for save data.
Old 16-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #7902
Master Member

The save files and game installation files are in different folders. You can delete the installation files and leave the save files alone so that u can still continue ur progress in future.

Regarding the 240gb SSD.. i think the storage size is kinda small for a PS4 usage. For eg, the disc copy of AC syndicate will take up abt 45gb of the storage/Fallout 4 will take up 32gb of the storage. They will take up even more space after their updates and patches.
Old 16-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #7903
Arch-Supremacy Member

Uncle just started playing game, any difference in Brand New and Preowned?
sometimes pre-owned discs have scratches. before buying pre-owned games do a check on the back of the disc to see no scratch.

For his good service , i bought a white 1206A and FIFA 16 from him , price about there... Gotten it at around $548.

Now then realised need to buy another controller to play 2 players...hehehe
how much is their fifa16?

btw guys do u all know where to get cheap hdmi cables for spare? preferably from physical stores in spore...
buy from sim lim tower. 10 bucks at most and lesser if you know how to bargain.
Old 16-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #7904
Arch-Supremacy Member

7200rpm hdd but to be honest its only that few secs. the one in ps4 is 5400rpm.

if you want my view, i would take the cheapest 2tb hdd regardless its 7200/5400 or hdd/ssd unless you like to set a timer for yourself to finish the game which also include loading time.
Old 16-11-2015, 08:44 PM   #7905
Arch-Supremacy Member

when you put a disc into the ps4, it will install some files. when you are playing the game, ps4 will also take some screenshots which you may or may not be aware. its found under your screenshots folder.

after you are done or no longer want to play the game, you can delete everything including save data, game data, screenshots etc to free up space on your hdd.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.