[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
up up my question again.
About "any major update coming", Google "PS4 Neo" or "PS4.5" or "PS4K".

Basically it's confirmed there will be a new version with higher specs - better GPU, better CPU, supports 4K video output, better support for VR games, some existing games can run better if dev patch them - and higher price. Regular PS4 will continue to be sold and all games have to run on regular too. Sony didn't say when but it's rumored to be within 2016.

Sony also confirmed there will not be a slim version of PS4.

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi people,

Interested to join the PS4 family.

Is this a good time to get PS4? any major update coming? and where is the best place to get the best deal for PS4? my friend recommended Lazada, would like to hear more opinions from here.

Thank you!

No, wait until October when the PS4 Neo is launched. Upgraded specs and probably 1Tb HDD as well. Best deal is buy from Wargaming shop at AMK Jubilee Square.

XseanX

Master Member
Reaction score
No, wait until October when the PS4 Neo is launched. Upgraded specs and probably 1Tb HDD as well. Best deal is buy from Wargaming shop at AMK Jubilee Square.

Confirmed launch date already? Coz i read that Sony didn't even reveal it during this year E3. Btw, probably much more expensive...

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Confirmed launch date already? Coz i read that Sony didn't even reveal it during this year E3. Btw, probably much more expensive...
Not confirmed. The latest rumor is 2016 but I doubt it will be Oct. Personally I think it will be extremely foolish if Sony releases it together with PS VR, for in such case it will give people the wrong impression that PS VR must have PS4K and PS4K must have PS VR.

This actually reminds me of the PS/2 - not Sony's Playstation 2 but IBM's Personal System 2 (desktop PC series), which was released together with their OS/2 operating system. Eventually both the hardware and OS failed even though they were technically superior to what was the industry standard back then (including Windows 3.1). Main reason IMO is becos people tied the two together, when they can actually work independently (you can run OS/2 on regular PC, you can run PS/2 with Windows). People thought it's a package deal, you had to make a major investment to buy both together, and that became too costly for people to pick up.

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
Not confirmed. The latest rumor is 2016 but I doubt it will be Oct. Personally I think it will be extremely foolish if Sony releases it together with PS VR, for in such case it will give people the wrong impression that PS VR must have PS4K and PS4K must have PS VR.

This actually reminds me of the PS/2 - not Sony's Playstation 2 but IBM's Personal System 2 (desktop PC series), which was released together with their OS/2 operating system. Eventually both the hardware and OS failed even though they were technically superior to what was the industry standard back then (including Windows 3.1). Main reason IMO is becos people tied the two together, when they can actually work independently (you can run OS/2 on regular PC, you can run PS/2 with Windows). People thought it's a package deal, you had to make a major investment to buy both together, and that became too costly for people to pick up.

I concur. PSVR and PS4 Neo pretty much target the same hardcore gamers. The PSVR is not cheap. If they release at the same time, how many got the money to buy both?

Reaction score
Intend to get a PS4. What are the good games released till date (all genres), especially Japanese games?
Last actively playing video games was during the PS1/SS era. Not sure if it's the same now but during that time, some of the good Japanese games do not make it outside Japan; even if they did would be some time later.
Star ocean 5 is definitely a must get

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT

Lavitz_4044

Banned
Reaction score
if i hate SO4 to the core, will i still like SO5?

i only played 1,2,3... SO4 is unbearable n totally not suitable for many pple cup of tea,

too slow and battle is insanely alot. bad dialog oso.

running around oso feels slow. basically everything about SO4 is very bad. if SO5 is the same, i will skip it totally. not even bother to buy 2nd hand.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Intend to get a PS4. What are the good games released till date (all genres), especially Japanese games?
Last actively playing video games was during the PS1/SS era. Not sure if it's the same now but during that time, some of the good Japanese games do not make it outside Japan; even if they did would be some time later.
When you say "especially Japanese games" (and "do not make it outside Japan"), do you mean you are looking for recommendations on Japanese language game? Or are you talking about a particular genre, like JRPG (Japanese RPG)?

Would be easier if you can tell people what you liked first (not just games, could be animes too, cos a lot of Japanese animes have spawned games).

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
reviews like not that good.

wait for reviews from you guys.
I saw a game play of the Japanese version (with detailed explanation and commentary in Chinese), honestly I am not impressed. (And what's with the costume design, especially that checkered box pants.)

Post the video again...

More interested in Atelier Sophie actually, though reviews are not fantastic either. The negative reviews mostly say it's more of the same, which I don't think is a bad thing, especially since they did make some improvements (though there are quite a lot of wtf costume designs too).

Lavitz_4044

Banned
Reaction score
Japanese the new generation game maker are getting from bad to worse, either they are too lazy or they r not motivated, but for a jap to be lazy, that is something quite new.

Western rpg is surpassing every moment now.

Novenics

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
reviews like not that good.

wait for reviews from you guys.

yea, i heard SO5 not that good but it should be decent enough, gonna buy it since i'm a huge star ocean fan.

SO4 was almost universally panned but i still enjoyed it lol. :s13:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
gameplay aside, star ocean will reign the most difficult rpg to plat once again.
I think this one should be much easier. iirc SO4 wasn't difficult per se but was very time consuming (I didn't try it cos I had it on Xbox 360 back then). There were 100 challenges to complete for each of the 8 chars or something like that. This time round they reduced it to 100 challenges total. (This is based on what was said in that video above. I didn't check any trophy guide.)

and 1 more indie jrpg. "I am setsuna".
Don't know why I keep thinking the English version was out. Anyway how's the review of the Japanese one? I didn't hear anything about it, which isn't a good sign.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I think this one should be much easier. iirc SO4 wasn't difficult per se but was very time consuming (I didn't try it cos I had it on Xbox 360 back then). There were 100 challenges to complete for each of the 8 chars or something like that. This time round they reduced it to 100 challenges total. (This is based on what was said in that video above. I didn't check any trophy guide.)

Don't know why I keep thinking the English version was out. Anyway how's the review of the Japanese one? I didn't hear anything about it, which isn't a good sign.

SO4 is not that nice to play in the 1st place. if so time consuming and yet also not nice to play. its going to be such a drag.

That game scored 8s.

Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (PS4) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]

These are the points the reviewers made:

-Embodiment of the concept of good ol' RPG. Graphics have deep flavor, sad story, piano BGM help bring atmosphere
-Battles are steadily interesting
-They don't really feel anything originally new
-Stone customization & Strategic element in Setsuna system are good
-Too much loading in towns, a bit troublesome
-Takes about 20-25 hours to clear

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181715

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.