HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 2

Like Tree1410Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2017, 12:50 PM   #9931

Yeah I know. I use a ps4 controller for pc anyway so I kinda just memorize what is the button to hit rather than the what the button is. Everytime they give a prompt I kinda forget... I am too used to the Nintendo layout for abxy
Same here haha, I use DS4 for pc nowadays. My Xbox one controller L button broke already, only 3 months warranty.

DS4 is really good, can match xbox one controller, even for fps games.
Old 18-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #9932
Master Member

hey ppl, when is the best time to get the 1yr PS plus? i see that it is 43.9 now. when there is discount, how much will it be cheaper by?
Old 18-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #9933
Arch-Supremacy Member

hey ppl, when is the best time to get the 1yr PS plus? i see that it is 43.9 now. when there is discount, how much will it be cheaper by?
You missed the $35 for 1 year PS+ promo, don't think there will be any good ones anytime soon.
Old 19-12-2017, 03:30 AM   #9934

when did you get your ps4 pro? It should still be under warranty if my guess is correct.

You can try restarting your ps4 pro in Safe Mode and Rebuild Database.
http://ccm.net/faq/35902-how-to-boot...into-safe-mode

If that doesn't work

You can try restarting your ps4 pro in Safe Mode and Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software). Do take note that all your data will be gone, save and all.
So unless you have ps plus or backup your save, you're SOL...
https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/featu...oftware-678565

If that doesn't work and is still under warranty, https://asia.playstation.com/en-sg/support/contact-us/
thanks alot for ur help. i cant even go into safe mode. tried holding down the power button for a minute and the ps4 still doesnt response. like its totally dead. i just sent it to qisahm for repair they say will take 3 weeks... holy **** i cant wait 3 weeks man. i got the ps4 from a guy at carousell. he imported it from europe the moment ps4 pro was released over there. more than a year already so no more warranty
Old 19-12-2017, 05:56 AM   #9935
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks alot for ur help. i cant even go into safe mode. tried holding down the power button for a minute and the ps4 still doesnt response. like its totally dead. i just sent it to qisahm for repair they say will take 3 weeks... holy **** i cant wait 3 weeks man. i got the ps4 from a guy at carousell. he imported it from europe the moment ps4 pro was released over there. more than a year already so no more warranty
Wa Heng I buy my ps4 from qoo10 Korean import set nothing wrong after 1 year warranty
Old 19-12-2017, 07:46 AM   #9936

Wow, shiong sia. I at first only suspect is HDD failure. At least it can be fix, three week will pass in a flash one.

You can spend this three week productively, like watching let's play videos
Old 19-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #9937

Wow, shiong sia. I at first only suspect is HDD failure. At least it can be fix, three week will pass in a flash one.

You can spend this three week productively, like watching let's play videos
lolol i watch way too many lets play videos already
Old 19-12-2017, 04:50 PM   #9938

Catherine: full body announced for ps4

https://www.dualshockers.com/catheri...ps-vita-atlus/

Same game as the ps3 one plus new character. Now i get a 2nd chance to plat this game
Old 19-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #9939
Master Member

lolol i watch way too many lets play videos already
watch liao nv play become backlog
Old 19-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #9940
Arch-Supremacy Member

Catherine: full body announced for ps4

https://www.dualshockers.com/catheri...ps-vita-atlus/

Same game as the ps3 one plus new character. Now i get a 2nd chance to plat this game
Thanks for sharing!

I will definitely get this again.
I had it for ps3 too.
Old 19-12-2017, 10:22 PM   #9941
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can't wait for Western release.

Also, anyone bought LocoRoco 2 Remastered?
Old 19-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #9942

hi guys, planning to get a ps4 slim tomorrow. (in anticipation for mhw)

i've checked online and it seems only sony stores carries standalone slim 1tb? game shops are mostly 500gb standalone or games bundle with 1tb.

do i really need 1tb? i doubt i will have more than 8 games at a time.

if i get the 500gb then my options are much broader as there is this HITS bundle (500gb + 3 games) for $449

have another question about display.

i borrowed my cousin's ps4 today and hooked it to my u2417h via hdmi while connecting my pc speaker to my monitor's audio out which solves the sound issue. however, since u2417h has only 1 hdmi port, i cannot use my pc at the same time.

theoretically, it is possible to connect my pc > monitor via displayport and ps4 to monitor via hdmi simultaneously right? like that all i have to do it switch the souce input on my monitor.

but if i do that, will my speaker output sound from ps4 or my pc or both?

would appreciate any advice, thanks!
Old 20-12-2017, 12:49 AM   #9943
Master Member

u buying PS4 for MHW? strongly suggest u get pro. pro got extra graphic/fps settings over standard PS4 (for MHW).

pro doesn't cost that much more, since u alrdy decide to spend "buying 1 console for 1 game" liao, might as well spend abit more get the best experience.
Old 20-12-2017, 12:56 AM   #9944

u buying PS4 for MHW? strongly suggest u get pro. pro got extra graphic/fps settings over standard PS4 (for MHW).

pro doesn't cost that much more, since u alrdy decide to spend "buying 1 console for 1 game" liao, might as well spend abit more get the best experience.
nah i dont require the upgrades of pro version.

besides i'm planning to get other games as well lah, not purely for mhw
Old 20-12-2017, 12:58 AM   #9945

i've checked online and it seems only sony stores carries standalone slim 1tb? game shops are mostly 500gb standalone or games bundle with 1tb.

do i really need 1tb? i doubt i will have more than 8 games at a time.

if i get the 500gb then my options are much broader as there is this HITS bundle (500gb + 3 games) for $449

have another question about display.

i borrowed my cousin's ps4 today and hooked it to my u2417h via hdmi while connecting my pc speaker to my monitor's audio out which solves the sound issue. however, since u2417h has only 1 hdmi port, i cannot use my pc at the same time.

theoretically, it is possible to connect my pc > monitor via displayport and ps4 to monitor via hdmi simultaneously right? like that all i have to do it switch the souce input on my monitor.

but if i do that, will my speaker output sound from ps4 or my pc or both?

would appreciate any advice, thanks!
As said above, PS4 MHW is not great. consider getting a ps4 pro.

Getting a 500gb is no issue. You can use an external hdd which if you get a proper drive, you can achieve very close speeds anyway.

Yes you can connect pc using DP and ps4 using HDMI. that is actually very much preferred. another solution is to get a HDMI switcher.

The audio, assuming you are getting it from the monitor's 3.5mm audio jack, will be according to what the output is. So if you are on DP, the audio will be the PC.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.