[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's the issue, you think pay to skip/cheat is fine but I think it's cancer for the gaming scene as a whole.
Just put easy mode, let players drop difficulty if they suck but paying for a boost is never ok.

The micro-transaction thing will always be in the back of your mind even if the default rate is good and you never paid any money for it.

There's a reason why micro-transaction is always blown out of porportions whenever a game announces that it has them included.

There is an easy mode, but if someone is so pathetic at playing, that's their business, not our place to tell them what to do with their money. Cheat codes are always locked behind an initial playthrough, so those too bad to even do the initial playthrough? Suck it?

Why would it be in the back of my mind if I never feel the need for it? That's a lack of self control on your part. It was there through the whole of DMC4, and I never knew it existed until I saw it on the PSN site.

It being blown out of proportions is all the more reason that those who are capable of rational thought don't just join the crazy train. That's how the media and the keyboard SJWs work these days. But if dlc is implemented in a useful and meaningful way, we don't have to condone it, but neither do we make pointless rants about it. It doesn't detracts from the normal gameplay, and offers a way out for rich, weakass gamers.

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is an easy mode, but if someone is so pathetic at playing, that's their business, not our place to tell them what to do with their money. Cheat codes are always locked behind an initial playthrough, so those too bad to even do the initial playthrough? Suck it?

Why would it be in the back of my mind if I never feel the need for it? That's a lack of self control on your part. It was there through the whole of DMC4, and I never knew it existed until I saw it on the PSN site.

It being blown out of proportions is all the more reason that those who are capable of rational thought don't just join the crazy train. That's how the media and the keyboard SJWs work these days. But if dlc is implemented in a useful and meaningful way, we don't have to condone it, but neither do we make pointless rants about it. It doesn't detracts from the normal gameplay, and offers a way out for rich, weakass gamers.

Wall of text, didn't read.

Not every game is for everyone, it's like asking for easy/baby mode on Monster Hunter, Dark Souls or Cuphead. Hell, even Wolfenstein 2 had a baby mode and Divinity 2 had explorer mode for people who aren't that good.
Probably why they had all the MTs, oh wait, they didn't.
MTs for content/cheats is just ripping off consumers, defending it is just :s22:

qwertified

Reaction score
DMC4 got MT? I didn't know that. Game wasn't that hard anyways, didn't need anything like that to beat it.

Yeah i don't like MTs on paid games either, but if it doesn't affect the gameplay like how shadow of war did, i don't mind getting the game. Just pretend the MT doesn't exist lo, i think most ubisoft games have it now, odyssey should have it too.

rudylili

Reaction score
Anyone know why is the 4 new colourways selling so much more expensive ($84.90)than the usual $67.90.
That's like 20% price hike.

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Limited edition?
These are supposedly "limited products" at srp S$84.90. A couple of the 'limited' colors are S$79.90. The regular product line up are at S$79.90.

If you can get the regular product line at S$67.90, that's probably some parallel import or through distributors that sells them cheaper than Sony's srp. Which makes sense that these importers/distributors may not be getting a lot of stocks of the new limited products.

https://asia.playstation.com/en-sg/accessories/dualshock4/

rudylili

Reaction score
By right, my understanding of limited edition are those cone with console but are selling separately.
Like for example:
Black ops 3 / Star Wars Battlefront 1/ Monster Hunter World / 500 millions.....e.g
This 4 new colourways, I personally feel is a new additions.
I felt "cheated" when I 1st get the Sunset Orange about 8-9months ago.
It was saying limited edition to "Australia only".
And now it came out wholewide world.
I thought in Sony Retail store, normal black 2nd Gen controller is selling for $67.90

Limited edition?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Till now still not too sure how to get US, UK or JP account
Don't confuse "PSN" (Playstation Network, which is free, lets you access Sony's services like online store, party chat, text messaging etc) and "PS+" (Playstation Plus, which is a paid subscription service, lets you access online gaming, cloud save, monthly free games, further discounts during sales).

You first need to make accounts on the regions/countries. Should at least have an account in each of these: SG, US, UK, Japan. Different regions run different sales, so if you want to get the cheapest digital games, look at all regions. And different regions sell different games, like you won't find most of the indie games on SG psn store. Note that regions outside Asia will not accept your SG credit card/paypal. You need to buy the respective PSN cards (prepaid card for wallet top-up), you can get them digitally from Amazon or PC Game Supply, at no mark up, just pay the same as face value of the card. See the first 2 posts of the Game Deal thread. Note that games purchased from one region/account can be played by other accounts, they are sharable within your PS4. (Some exceptions, where DLCs purchased, like microtransactions, are locked to the account that bought them.)

Create these accounts even if you don't intend to buy anything or subscribe to PS+ in their regions. Reason is that you can download free demos (some are available in certain regions only) and freebies. Also when you buy games in local game shops, they often sell different regions: R3, R2, R1. For example, if you buy R2 game (often cheaper than other regions), you need UK/R2 account to redeem any codes included in the game casing or to buy DLCs for the game. R1 will need US, R3 will need SG (or maybe HK if Chinese game, esp from Bandai Namco).

See the sticky thread: Guide: How to create US/UK/JP PSN accounts.

Subscribing to PS+ is a different consideration. You only need one account to subscribe, then the benefit of accessing online games can be shared, the free games can be shared too, as described above. This is different consideration cos different region PS+ are priced differently and you get different free games. And each region runs different sales. Generally you should consider US (or Canada, which is same region as US, but sometimes cheaper) or SG. US is more expensive (US$60 per year) but gets better freebies/sales, SG cheaper (S$43.xx per year) but less freebies and less sales (and SG store has lots lots less games available, esp indie games). Might want to think further and maybe wait for offers (eg. SG now has buy 1 year get 2 more months free) before taking the plunge. Once you subscribe, you accumulate free games (must claim within that month, but continue to enjoy), your library grows, you will probably want to stay with that region PS+ (otherwise you lose all those accumulated free games).

As mentioned, the free games are different. US and UK nowadays generally the same (6 games per month), but SG/Asia has less free games (3 to 5 free games per month, often lousier titles but once in a blue moon gets some unique AAA free). Like now US/UK has Friday the 13th free, but not on SG (SG doesn't sell that game, even if you want to pay money for it).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.