[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
As a compromise, get Horizon Zero Dawn instead. It has the open world (but less tedious, more user friendly), the beautiful graphics (yes, it has deforming snow too), great story. It also has great hunting (bio-mechanical dinosaurs). However it's single player, not a living world like MMO. So just get HZD, play it, sell it. Then get Spider-man, play it, sell it. Then wait for MHW and RDR2 to drop in price.

I got horizon zero dawn. That was the 1st game I got

But now playing last of us, I wanna complete this first

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS 5T

deschng

Reaction score
can i ask if anyone knows what's R4? Cause my overcooked 2 is R4 and i'm not sure how to get the DLC. TIA

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
can i ask if anyone knows what's R4? Cause my overcooked 2 is R4 and i'm not sure how to get the DLC. TIA
There is no R4. Technically R4 is probably China. Some people call Japan R4 but it's actually R2 (same as EU). Some people call Australia R4, but it's R2 (Australia is part of EU in Sony's region grouping).

To find out your game's region, check for the product ID (like CUSA10940, CUSA10870). It can be printed on the spine of the game cover or on the game disc. Though that may not be accurate cos sometimes they print one code but the game's binary is another region.

Best way is copy your game save to USB drive, then check the content on a PC. Look under folder PS4>SAVEDATA, there will be a folder with 16 alphanumeric characters (this is probably an encoded code for your PSN account that played the game). Under that, you will see one folder for each game. The folder name is the Product ID.

For Overcooked 2, seems like Asia (R3) is same product ID as EU (R2). Not sure if they are fully compatible as the Asia version has Chinese and other languages. One more test is to change your PS4 system language to Chinese, launch the game, see whether it comes up in Chinese.

deschng

Reaction score
I see. Thanks for the explanation.

There is no R4. Technically R4 is probably China. Some people call Japan R4 but it's actually R2 (same as EU). Some people call Australia R4, but it's R2 (Australia is part of EU in Sony's region grouping).

To find out your game's region, check for the product ID (like CUSA10940, CUSA10870). It can be printed on the spine of the game cover or on the game disc. Though that may not be accurate cos sometimes they print one code but the game's binary is another region.

Best way is copy your game save to USB drive, then check the content on a PC. Look under folder PS4>SAVEDATA, there will be a folder with 16 alphanumeric characters (this is probably an encoded code for your PSN account that played the game). Under that, you will see one folder for each game. The folder name is the Product ID.

For Overcooked 2, seems like Asia (R3) is same product ID as EU (R2). Not sure if they are fully compatible as the Asia version has Chinese and other languages. One more test is to change your PS4 system language to Chinese, launch the game, see whether it comes up in Chinese.

soulev

Reaction score
Hi guys,

anyone have a PS4 pro that gives out this loud "engine running" sound like a old movie film.

I bought the console this year Aug and only notice this sound during Oct. Previously heavy usage from playing MHW, I might not notice it since I'm wearing headphone. The sound is quite significant as I can hear it siting across old HDB bedroom not MBR.

Tried opening it up and since it's 3 months old, there isn't any dust.
If I on the console after a few hours rest, there isn't any sound till I load a game say Witcher 3 digital version. The sound get significantly softer if i close the game and stops if I power down the console. And if I on the console next, the sound will be there regardless of any game being launch. Tried my best to explain. Any idea what's the issue?

Last edited:

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

anyone have a PS4 pro that gives out this loud "engine running" sound like a old movie film.

I bought the console this year Aug and only notice this sound during Oct. Previously heavy usage from playing MHW, I might not notice it since I'm wearing headphone. The sound is quite significant as I can hear it siting across old HDB bedroom not MBR.

Tried opening it up and since it's 3 months old, there isn't any dust.
If I on the console after a few hours rest, there isn't any sound till I load a game say Witcher 3 digital version. The sound get significantly softer if i close the game and stops if I power down the console. And if I on the console next, the sound will be there regardless of any game being launch. Tried my best to explain. Any idea what's the issue?

Don't have a Pro but that definitely don't sound normal. Better send to service centre.

soulev

Reaction score
sucks. Ever had experience sending for repair? Like bring everything? cables and all. Plus I only have E. receipt.

Oh and disregard about my usage for MHW. It was on another console

Whizdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sucks. Ever had experience sending for repair? Like bring everything? cables and all. Plus I only have E. receipt.

Oh and disregard about my usage for MHW. It was on another console
for ps3 yes. Ps4 nope. Bring your set will do

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
started red dead 2. the game is quite fun and looting is fast too. dunno why people say looting is slow. only thing i don't understand is why some cowboys shoot me when i greet them and i had to kill them which result in me being wanted by lawmen.

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
started red dead 2. the game is quite fun and looting is fast too. dunno why people say looting is slow. only thing i don't understand is why some cowboys shoot me when i greet them and i had to kill them which result in me being wanted by lawmen.
Some buay song you stand too close. Then when they draw their guns need to walk away from them.

shengliang1981

Reaction score

I feel the looting is too slow too. Lol.

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
i think you meant skinning of the animals. looting is fast but not skinning. the bigger the animal the slower it is.
There's a way to "skip" the skinning animation. Park your horse on top or near the animal, the skinning animation won't be initiated and you still get all the loot.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a way to "skip" the skinning animation. Park your horse on top or near the animal, the skinning animation won't be initiated and you still get all the loot.

didn't know that. this game quite a few things have to figure out yourself.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.