HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree232Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #2521
Arch-Supremacy Member

Still a steep price for me to hoot for $80. Will get it once the price is lower then hoot

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Whizdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #2522
Master Member

couldn't agree more on comments at RDR2...game developers really should give us an option to toggle off the animation for looting/skinning animals...for the first few times it was cute, after that it is really waste of time.

Riding long distance is really time consuming although also quite fun when intercepted halfway by outlaws. It's inevitable for ps4 processing power but really sianz to see frames drop in town/basecamp.

However, overall I still like the game and did not regret buying digital version for around $70. I believe my kid may play and like it too when he grows older

Crossing my fingers that PS5 allows playing of PS4 games...

Last edited by lifeishard; 31-10-2018 at 11:24 AM..
lifeishard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 11:30 AM   #2523
Arch-Supremacy Member

dragon quest xi is time consuming too but i love every min out of it.
I'm currently loving DQXI so much, enjoying every moment. Reading all these negative reviews of RDR2 makes me worried and interest level going down bit by bit lol.
The experience is very different when you play the game in long stretches(as the game reviewers do) vs spending an hour a day

If you spent an hour playing your PS4 after work,

1. 5mins are spent loading the game
2. 5 mins orientating yourself in the game and map
3. 20 mins horseriding between objectives
4. 10 mins looting the bodies and location

Just some very rough time estimates but you get the point.... end up only a small fraction of that hour spent in action lol

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT
That's a great point eh.. us working adults just don't have the luxury of time to sit down for long stretches of time to game.
noinimod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #2524

couldn't agree more on comments at RDR2...game developers really should give us an option to toggle off the animation for looting/skinning animals...for the first few times it was cute, after that it is really waste of time.

Riding long distance is really time consuming although also quite fun when intercepted halfway by outlaws. It's inevitable for ps4 processing power but really sianz to see frames drop in town/basecamp.

However, overall I still like the game and did not regret buying digital version for around $70. I believe my kid may play and like it too when he grows older

For us consumer of course we wanted PS5 to be backwards compatible to PS4 and it should be easy for Sony to do it because PS4 using X86.

But business wise I don't think they will do it. They can resell the game as remaster or remake to earn quick buck.
Old 31-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #2525
Master Member

Far Cry has option to turn off looting/skinning animation. Can't remember if Tomb Raider has option.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #2526
Arch-Supremacy Member

For us consumer of course we wanted PS5 to be backwards compatible to PS4 and it should be easy for Sony to do it because PS4 using X86.

But business wise I don't think they will do it. They can resell the game as remaster or remake to earn quick buck.
Highly doubt so given that PlayStation Now is a major cash cow for Sony....

EmPtYsOuLz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 01:57 PM   #2527

lol .. used a glitch on RDR2 and i got max 30 golds .. hopefully they dont patch soon .. but 500x30 should be able to last quite long!!
Old 31-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #2528
Master Member

maybe PS5 will be cloud gaming?
Trueblue82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #2529
Master Member

Highly doubt so given that PlayStation Now is a major cash cow for Sony....

I am looking forward to it be made available for Singapore...the experience should be a lot better with PC processing power and making headshots with mouse+kb.

I couldn't even have a trial with PS Now with VPN, they insisted on you having an American issued CC. Anyone has any workaround?
lifeishard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #2530
Supremacy Member

tried to buy FIFA19+ RDR2 last night, but stupid PSN keep saying error processing payment".
Same card, same address, bought many2 games before.
ah well.... dun wan my money then okay lo
gigigigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #2531

tried to buy FIFA19+ RDR2 last night, but stupid PSN keep saying error processing payment".
Same card, same address, bought many2 games before.
ah well.... dun wan my money then okay lo
I experienced this before, can't use my CC to checkout. I asked PS Asia CSO on FB and CSO said, not to use CC/Paypal to checkout for about 2 weeks, instead, top up my PSN wallet and then use the wallet to pay. For some reason, if one tries to use credit terms to pay, fails and repeatedly attempt, this will result in the account being "locked", but will unlock after around 2 weeks.
DrBaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 06:24 PM   #2532
Master Member

I m unable to register my PS4 warranty since I bought on 9th Sep. Called the hotline but hongkie picks up the phone, dun know WTF he talking. Asked me send email but I lost the email address. Anyone happened to have it?

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS 5T
lousydrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #2533

How is monster Hunter world compared to RDR2?

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS 5T
2 are very different games. Can't compare.

Same, despite all the "issues" I'm enjoying rdr2.
kennerv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #2534
Master Member

Old 31-10-2018, 06:49 PM   #2535
Supremacy Member

Is spiderman with season pass worth it at $64? Last day to use the 15% coupon. I think complete edn will only arrive in early Q3 2019.
wiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.