HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree301Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2018, 03:06 PM   #2956

does psn plus has sales like $1/mth in certain month? xbox gold / game pass has it couple of times in a year
nope. the best discount you will see is like 20% off during the black friday period.
Spectre007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2018, 09:58 PM   #2957
Arch-Supremacy Member

various ps4 hardware $80 off:

Last edited by cannonmaster; 23-12-2018 at 08:44 PM..
cannonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #2958

For external hard disk is there a specific brand & specs I need to take note of for ps4 Pro. My current external HD going to up lorry soon. Tia
Old 23-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #2959
Master Member

PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 05:33 PM   #2960

Guys I have a question about physical games. If I had a game installed, R3 region, letís say I lost the disc, game on the console itself was never uninstalled and save files were never deleted. If I purchase a R1 or R2 region game (same game of course), would I still be able to load and play my old data? Strictly speaking for offline mode, not playing on PSN.
cutthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 06:00 PM   #2961
Master Member

Guys I have a question about physical games. If I had a game installed, R3 region, letís say I lost the disc, game on the console itself was never uninstalled and save files were never deleted. If I purchase a R1 or R2 region game (same game of course), would I still be able to load and play my old data? Strictly speaking for offline mode, not playing on PSN.
An installed game and game saves are separate. Deleting an installed game from PS4 hard disk does not delete the save (and vice versa).

Different region versions of the same game typically have different product code, and the save files are not cross-region compatible. (Similarly for DLCs.) So it is important to buy back the same region.

However many games have some cross-region compatibility, like R3 may be compatible (same product code) with R1 but not R2, or R3 may be compatible with R2 but not R1. So it depends.

You can check the product code (typically CUSAxxxxx) on the game disc, on the game case cover or spine, or you can look up the game on PSN store (using a web browser) and check the URL address. (Generally product code is a good way to determine, but there may be exceptions.)

Also some games (especially online games) have save files stored on server, no local save on PS4 HDD. For these games, they may be cross-region compatible. (Eg. Destiny 2, I played R1, then deleted it, installed R3, can continue the save as if nothing changed, deleted R3, re-installed R1, still works.)
Old 23-12-2018, 08:03 PM   #2962

Hi, where is the best place to buy US PSN Card digital codes with minimal price mark up?
Jevil00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2018, 08:08 PM   #2963
Master Member

Hi, where is the best place to buy US PSN Card digital codes with minimal price mark up?
Amazon US or pcgamesupply. Zero mark up. See this post for more info (there are a couple of details you need to know).
Old 24-12-2018, 10:57 AM   #2964

An installed game and game saves are separate. Deleting an installed game from PS4 hard disk does not delete the save (and vice versa).

Different region versions of the same game typically have different product code, and the save files are not cross-region compatible. (Similarly for DLCs.) So it is important to buy back the same region.

However many games have some cross-region compatibility, like R3 may be compatible (same product code) with R1 but not R2, or R3 may be compatible with R2 but not R1. So it depends.

You can check the product code (typically CUSAxxxxx) on the game disc, on the game case cover or spine, or you can look up the game on PSN store (using a web browser) and check the URL address. (Generally product code is a good way to determine, but there may be exceptions.)

Also some games (especially online games) have save files stored on server, no local save on PS4 HDD. For these games, they may be cross-region compatible. (Eg. Destiny 2, I played R1, then deleted it, installed R3, can continue the save as if nothing changed, deleted R3, re-installed R1, still works.)
Okay so if i don't have the CD or the Case cover anymore, is there any way to tell which region the game i have installed is?
cutthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #2965

New in this PS4.... Last time my console gaming life stops at PS2, then busy with work and marriage...

Just bought the console, no game at all. Recommend on what I need to do?
- I need to create account, is this what we called PSN+ and to have that I would need to pay subscription fee annually?
- I have many desire to play old games, should i go for digital or just 2nd hand physical, such as batman series, mgs?
- Is the game region important? I read somewhere that region will only affected if there is DLC, but the main game should not be affected. Is that right? How about the digital version, do they also have region linked to it?

I think that will be it for now.. Thanks in advanced to kind soul for helping to solve my confusion.

Last edited by bhkpop; 24-12-2018 at 11:42 AM..
bhkpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #2966
Master Member

if u are planning to save some money can go for physical and sell 2nd hand.
digital is hassle free and space saving.
Once u start up the ps4, it will guide you thru the process of setting up psn.
Games are region free.

Just go buy your first game and play, no need think so much.

New in this PS4.... Last time my console gaming life stops at PS2, then busy with work and marriage...

Just bought the console, no game at all. Recommend on what I need to do?
- I need to create account, is this what we called PSN+ and to have that I would need to pay subscription fee annually?
- I have many desire to play old games, should i go for digital or just 2nd hand physical, such as batman series, mgs?
- Is the game region important? I read somewhere that region will only affected if there is DLC, but the main game should not be affected. Is that right? How about the digital version, do they also have region linked to it?

I think that will be it for now.. Thanks in advanced to kind soul for helping to solve my confusion.
bhkpop likes this.

WIZ*ONE and UJUNG
Trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #2967
Supremacy Member

For convenince just get from the psstore.
bhkpop likes this.
Bumblebee Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #2968
Master Member

Okay so if i don't have the CD or the Case cover anymore, is there any way to tell which region the game i have installed is?
Copy the game's save file(s) to USB thumb drive (easier if you use one that doesn't already have game saves copied to it before). Connect the thumb drive to a PC, look at folder PS4, then folder SAVEDATA, there will be a folder with 16 alphanumeric characters (this is probably an encrypted code for your PSN account that played the game). Under that, you will see one folder for each game. The folder name is the Product ID like CUSAxxxxx.

Then go to each PSN store using a PC web browser (US/R1, UK/R2, SG/R3, logout first if you are already logged in, otherwise you can only go to the region store you are logged in to). Search for the game, and look at the URL address. Or go to gamefaqs site, search the game, home>release data, they list the various region product id.
Old 24-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #2969

if u are planning to save some money can go for physical and sell 2nd hand.
digital is hassle free and space saving.
Once u start up the ps4, it will guide you thru the process of setting up psn.
Games are region free.

Just go buy your first game and play, no need think so much.
thanks for the reply hahaha..
for the games when you say region free, i saw some seller stating R1 or R2, etc.. will it compatible with my ps4?
Old 24-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #2970

thanks for the reply hahaha..
for the games when you say region free, i saw some seller stating R1 or R2, etc.. will it compatible with my ps4?
Ps4 can play all regions games. Region is for dlc purposes. Sg store dlc need region3 disc.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
bhkpop likes this.
kennerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.