HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree301Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2018, 01:33 PM   #2971

New in this PS4.... Last time my console gaming life stops at PS2, then busy with work and marriage...

Just bought the console, no game at all. Recommend on what I need to do?
- I need to create account, is this what we called PSN+ and to have that I would need to pay subscription fee annually?
- I have many desire to play old games, should i go for digital or just 2nd hand physical, such as batman series, mgs?
- Is the game region important? I read somewhere that region will only affected if there is DLC, but the main game should not be affected. Is that right? How about the digital version, do they also have region linked to it?

I think that will be it for now.. Thanks in advanced to kind soul for helping to solve my confusion.
Married with earning power should hoot digital on sale games. Who cares the $15-$20 physical so called rental, rush to play and resale. Why not pay the $20-30 digital sale price and own the game? So free to meet buyers and sellers after work? Make appt but buyer last minute make excuse fly kite. To me its simply not worth the effort and time. Unless you are a student, can quickly finish games and have flexible to meet for trade or sell.

Now is the best time to hoot and collect the good and older games from psn store. Uncharted, horizon dawn and others all less than $10 usd.

Mgs andBatman u need to wait for warner sales usually July to aug. Mid year time
PierceLee, dio brando and bhkpop like this.

Last edited by networked; 27-12-2018 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: typo
networked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 03:16 PM   #2972

Copy the game's save file(s) to USB thumb drive (easier if you use one that doesn't already have game saves copied to it before). Connect the thumb drive to a PC, look at folder PS4, then folder SAVEDATA, there will be a folder with 16 alphanumeric characters (this is probably an encrypted code for your PSN account that played the game). Under that, you will see one folder for each game. The folder name is the Product ID like CUSAxxxxx.

Then go to each PSN store using a PC web browser (US/R1, UK/R2, SG/R3, logout first if you are already logged in, otherwise you can only go to the region store you are logged in to). Search for the game, and look at the URL address. Or go to gamefaqs site, search the game, home>release data, they list the various region product id.
Okay got it, will try that at home. Really glad people like you are around to help idiots like me! The game im looking for, it's quite hard to get hold of for R3. So if it doesn't work out, i'll have to fork out more and purchase the digital copy. Which brings me to my next question.

The current 15% promo code, does it stack with the 10% from PSN membership? On top of the hefty holiday sales they alrdy have? If it does then ill get a 1 month membership to save some as i plan to buy quite a few games.
cutthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #2973

Married with earning power should hoot digital on sale games. Who cares the $15-$20 physical so called rental, rush to play and resale. Why not pay the $20-30 digital sale price and own the game? So free to meet buyers and sellers after work? Make appt but buyer last time make excuse fly kite. To me its simply not worth the effort and time. Unless you are a student.

Now is the best time to hoot and collect the good and older games from psn store. Uncharted, horizon dawn and others all less than $10 usd.

Mgs andBatman u need to wait for warner sales usually July to aug. Mid year time
appreciated for the input bro... less than 10USD is really good.. gonna check them out
Old 24-12-2018, 05:04 PM   #2974

Okay got it, will try that at home. Really glad people like you are around to help idiots like me! The game im looking for, it's quite hard to get hold of for R3. So if it doesn't work out, i'll have to fork out more and purchase the digital copy. Which brings me to my next question.

The current 15% promo code, does it stack with the 10% from PSN membership? On top of the hefty holiday sales they alrdy have? If it does then ill get a 1 month membership to save some as i plan to buy quite a few games.
The 15% discount code is happily stackable with existing discounted titles.

You can add and checkout a limit of 10 items in the cart. Do note there is also a limit of $200 nett value of total in-cart titles (i.e. your total purchase, after discount, cannot exceed $200).

Last edited by DrBaldwin; 24-12-2018 at 05:08 PM..
DrBaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #2975
Master Member

any Atelier experts here? want to get in the series, which one on PS4 is a good choice for beginner? (trying to kill time before RE2re)

did abit research, sophie no time limit, firis very open world game direction with time limit, not considering the twins one.

how about arland trilogy recently ported to PS4? most interested in totori. (should be a reason totori getting no.2 on popularity)

personally interested with firis or totori. which of 5 better for beginner? time limit not a problem. of course not bloody strict that kind for someone who nvr play before.
Old 24-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #2976
Master Member

Yes, it stacks. Many of the games in the sale have additional 10% off for PS+ members. This additional 10% is 10% of the original price, not of the sale price. So if original price is S$100, sale price is 50% off = S$50, PS+ gets additional 10% = S$40, not S$45. One month PS+ is S$6.90. So if the original prices of all the games you want to buy add up to S$69 or more, it's worth getting 1 month just for it. (Something like that lah, I haven't considered the 15% in the calculation. Maybe original price need to be S$82 or more. Just work on your list of games and compare.)

After you put all the games into the shopping cart (and enjoy the additional 10% PS+ discount, if any), you apply the 15% code onto the cart total. Note that typically you can only use the code once. So make sure you put everything into the cart (max 10 items) before checking out together. (Some of these promotions you get codes in mailbox etc., so you may have multiple codes. Even so, you can only apply such code once per account per promotion; even if you have more codes available, you already used one in the promo, can't use another.)

Note that these cart discounts (15% in this case) do not apply to PS+ membership, pre-orders, Spotify.
angtc11 likes this.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2018, 06:13 PM   #2977
Master Member

any Atelier experts here? want to get in the series, which one on PS4 is a good choice for beginner? (trying to kill time before RE2re)

did abit research, sophie no time limit, firis very open world game direction with time limit, not considering the twins one.

how about arland trilogy recently ported to PS4? most interested in totori. (should be a reason totori getting no.2 on popularity)

personally interested with firis or totori. which of 5 better for beginner? time limit not a problem. of course not bloody strict that kind for someone who nvr play before.
Haha I totally lost track. Honestly I haven't played most of them but watched some let's plays or reviews. Generally my impression is that the newest is always the best, it gets more user friendly (less or no time limit). The 'mysterious' trilogy (Sophie, Firis, Lydie and Suelle) should be good start.

Firis has time limit at first, have to get your alchemist license in a year, but after unlocking that, no more time limit. I think Sophie no time limit. Lydie and Suelle also no limit (time still passes, like seasons, but it will just warp around).

If I play, I will probably start with Sophie, since it's start of the trilogy (she appears in later games, iirc), plus she's cute. Or go with the twins, since it's the latest.

btw, if you haven't played Dragon Quest 11, go for that instead (I believe it's on sale on US psn). Personally I'll probably skip RE2 remake, cos Kingdom Heart 3 releases just before it.
Old 25-12-2018, 12:57 PM   #2978
Master Member

Married with earning power should hoot digital on sale games. Who cares the $15-$20 physical so called rental, rush to play and resale. Why not pay the $20-30 digital sale price and own the game? So free to meet buyers and sellers after work? Make appt but buyer last time make excuse fly kite. To me its simply not worth the effort and time. Unless you are a student.

Can I ask, there are some games that I see available on us psn website but unavailable in sg ps store. How do i go about getting them?
wheewhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #2979
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cause you don't really own the digital game, you're paying a license that can be removed anytime without any warning.
Don't like a game and do a charge back because of no refund? Bam, your account is banned.
Licensing issue causes the game to be removed from the store? Bam, no more redownloading of the game.

If you are married with earning power and money is not an issue, might as well go all physical collector's edition.
Don't need to camp at store always waiting for discounts.
justln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #2980
Supremacy Member

Cause you don't really own the digital game, you're paying a license that can be removed anytime without any warning.
Don't like a game and do a charge back because of no refund? Bam, your account is banned.
Licensing issue causes the game to be removed from the store? Bam, no more redownloading of the game.

If you are married with earning power and money is not an issue, might as well go all physical collector's edition.
simple, to each his own. if an online version (older games) is super cheap why not? if you wanna play new game at launch day or within first week then get physical copy.
lifeishard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #2981

I am not even a game collector. Why get collectors edition?

If you are ban from psn, the games are still accessible except u can't play online.

If psn store game is removed and my hd is dead so be it. I still own it until such a time come. Even if you own physical disc, disc do decay.

I only care about gaming at economically and at no hassle.

Why is there a need to camp? Every digital sales is about 1 week. Camp to secure the game?
bhkpop likes this.

Last edited by networked; 25-12-2018 at 03:06 PM..
networked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #2982
Master Member

Not true at all. If a game is removed from store for any reason (eg. license to source material, like cartoon, expired) but you already purchased it, you can continue to download and play. You already own a license to the game, they can't take that away from you.

For example, Transformers: Devestation (by Platinum Games) was removed due to their Transformers license expired. Or Castle of Illusion (Mickey Mouse game) was removed. But I can still download them today.

Only exception so far is PT (the Kojima silent hill game playable teaser). But then, that was a free demo, you don't own any license.

If you own a physical disc of a game, technically you do not own the game, you only own a license to play the game, and you just have the physical media. It's still the same as digital version license. Sure, if you have the disc, you can still play it, but like I just said, if you bought it digitally, you can still play it too, no difference (unless Sony goes bankrupt and PSN store shuts down).
dio brando and Trueblue82 like this.
Old 25-12-2018, 03:24 PM   #2983
Arch-Supremacy Member

Comes with free key holder and a first print dlc can't wait to start!

Sent from Pocoyo Land using GAGT
masashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #2984
Supremacy Member

Can I ask, there are some games that I see available on us psn website but unavailable in sg ps store. How do i go about getting them?
Have that region's store account to be setup in your PS4 as well, buy it from there and download it into your console. My primary account is SG and i setup a US account long ago to buy Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2.
oz_yuber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #2985

Where’s a good place to get second hand games? Looking for pes 2019
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.