HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree301Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #2986

Copy the game's save file(s) to USB thumb drive (easier if you use one that doesn't already have game saves copied to it before). Connect the thumb drive to a PC, look at folder PS4, then folder SAVEDATA, there will be a folder with 16 alphanumeric characters (this is probably an encrypted code for your PSN account that played the game). Under that, you will see one folder for each game. The folder name is the Product ID like CUSAxxxxx.

Then go to each PSN store using a PC web browser (US/R1, UK/R2, SG/R3, logout first if you are already logged in, otherwise you can only go to the region store you are logged in to). Search for the game, and look at the URL address. Or go to gamefaqs site, search the game, home>release data, they list the various region product id.
Well I got CUSA05574 wihich doesn’t match any of the PS4 websites and it isn’t listed on gamefaq either. What region game is this?!
cutthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 05:32 PM   #2987
Master Member

Yes, it stacks. Many of the games in the sale have additional 10% off for PS+ members. This additional 10% is 10% of the original price, not of the sale price. So if original price is S$100, sale price is 50% off = S$50, PS+ gets additional 10% = S$40, not S$45. One month PS+ is S$6.90. So if the original prices of all the games you want to buy add up to S$69 or more, it's worth getting 1 month just for it. (Something like that lah, I haven't considered the 15% in the calculation. Maybe original price need to be S$82 or more. Just work on your list of games and compare.)

After you put all the games into the shopping cart (and enjoy the additional 10% PS+ discount, if any), you apply the 15% code onto the cart total. Note that typicallyyou can only use the code once. So make sure you put everything into the cart (max 10 items) before checking out together. (Some of these promotions you get codes in mailbox etc., so you may have multiple codes. Even so, you can only apply such code once per accountper promotion; even if you have more codes available, you already used one in the promo, can't use another.)

Note that these cart discounts (15% in this case) do not apply to PS+ membership, pre-orders, Spotify.
Good info

A little confused with all these PSN, PS+, maybe getting old. Haha

So u suggesting 1 month PS+ on SG account or US account? If get SG PS+, go where get cheapest?

N offer until when?

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS 5T

Last edited by lousydrinker; 25-12-2018 at 05:40 PM..
lousydrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #2988
Master Member

Hitman 2 on US PSN Store is USD 29.99...works out to be around SGD 42-45 (depending on ur exchange rate)
MoneyHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #2989
Arch-Supremacy Member

Where’s a good place to get second hand games? Looking for pes 2019
Carousell.
justln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 08:49 AM   #2990
Master Member

physical version if suddenly stepped on accident and spoil then need to buy again

Not true at all. If a game is removed from store for any reason (eg. license to source material, like cartoon, expired) but you already purchased it, you can continue to download and play. You already own a license to the game, they can't take that away from you.

For example, Transformers: Devestation (by Platinum Games) was removed due to their Transformers license expired. Or Castle of Illusion (Mickey Mouse game) was removed. But I can still download them today.

Only exception so far is PT (the Kojima silent hill game playable teaser). But then, that was a free demo, you don't own any license.

If you own a physical disc of a game, technically you do not own the game, you only own a license to play the game, and you just have the physical media. It's still the same as digital version license. Sure, if you have the disc, you can still play it, but like I just said, if you bought it digitally, you can still play it too, no difference (unless Sony goes bankrupt and PSN store shuts down).

WIZ*ONE and UJUNG
Trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #2991
Master Member

Hikaru Utada Laughter in the Dark Tour 2018 - "HIKARI" & "CHIKAI" - VR (English/Japanese Ver.)
FREE for PS+ members (should be free for everyone in Jan)
SG PSN: https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/...IA000000000000

Surround yourself in the magnificent stage production from the “Hikaru Utada Laughter in the Dark Tour 2018” as she performs the “HIKARI” (“KINGDOM HEARTS” theme song), and the “CHIKAI” (“KINGDOM HEARTS III” ending theme song). Experience the live energy of the stage from three different camera angles in this up close and intimate performance, as if Hikaru Utada were singing only for you.

Milo-Dino likes this.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #2992
Master Member

physical version if suddenly stepped on accident and spoil then need to buy again
Forgot to mention, if have 2 sets of PS4 at home, buying digital lets you play the same game on both PS4 at the same time (of cos, some limitations relating to primary PS4 apply). So if wife plays game too, can play together on separate PS4, just buy 1 copy of the game digitally, no need 2 discs.
Old 26-12-2018, 09:05 AM   #2993
Master Member

Good info

A little confused with all these PSN, PS+, maybe getting old. Haha

So u suggesting 1 month PS+ on SG account or US account? If get SG PS+, go where get cheapest?

N offer until when?
Different region PSN stores have different contents (like SG/Asia store has very few indie games) and run different sales (different frequency too, US has weekly sales, often quite good discounts, SG seldom have any good sale). Right now every region has Christmas sale but, as a rare case, SG has a rather good one.

During the SG sale (details below), some of the items on sale also has additional 10% off for PS+ members. So if you buy just a 1 month (SG) PS+ membership before buying games from the SG sale, you may be able to save more. (Of cos, if you want to buy from US sale and get their PS+ additional discounts, you will need US account to have US PS+ membership.)

SG PS+ 1 month membership just get from SG PSN store directly (S$6.90) here, pay using SG credit card or paypal. No promo at the moment.

https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/...HS_GAME_ASIA/1

Old 26-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #2994
Master Member

Omg just called PlayStation Asia and I can’t freaking understand what the customer service agent is talking on the phone. The ang mo is really CMI. Bought the wrong Spider-Man add on in Asia PSN bcos I realized that I cannot download after purchasing. Found out my Spider-Man is R1 (ALL) version. So I repurchased from PSN USA store instead. Anyone else have tried calling PlayStation network before for help? I wonder why they cannot leave a email address or provide feedback form.

Their recorded system also cannot make it. Certain things cant hear properly especially when it is describing SCE or SCN account holder and also their privacy policy. Don’t believe try calling in...haha
rza29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #2995

any Atelier experts here? want to get in the series, which one on PS4 is a good choice for beginner? (trying to kill time before RE2re)

did abit research, sophie no time limit, firis very open world game direction with time limit, not considering the twins one.

how about arland trilogy recently ported to PS4? most interested in totori. (should be a reason totori getting no.2 on popularity)

personally interested with firis or totori. which of 5 better for beginner? time limit not a problem. of course not bloody strict that kind for someone who nvr play before.
Arland trilogy is nice .
So does the music
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #2996

what other party games (4players) to have? bought the party bundle recently with overcooked 2 and fifa19.
Old 26-12-2018, 12:56 PM   #2997
Master Member

what other party games (4players) to have? bought the party bundle recently with overcooked 2 and fifa19.
fat princess, dragon's crown i only own these 2
Runez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 01:10 PM   #2998
Master Member

Omg just called PlayStation Asia and I can’t freaking understand what the customer service agent is talking on the phone. The ang mo is really CMI. Bought the wrong Spider-Man add on in Asia PSN bcos I realized that I cannot download after purchasing. Found out my Spider-Man is R1 (ALL) version. So I repurchased from PSN USA store instead. Anyone else have tried calling PlayStation network before for help? I wonder why they cannot leave a email address or provide feedback form.

Their recorded system also cannot make it. Certain things cant hear properly especially when it is describing SCE or SCN account holder and also their privacy policy. Don’t believe try calling in...haha
Called them before too to check on my PS4 warranty, I think was hongkie who r handling the customer service

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS 5T
lousydrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #2999

Well I got CUSA05574 wihich doesn’t match any of the PS4 websites and it isn’t listed on gamefaq either. What region game is this?!
Nvm, i think after a lot of googling and asking the person who initially bought the game for me as a gift, I've figured its an R2 game. Apparently Physical and Digital versions have different product codes.
cutthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 04:51 PM   #3000
High Supremacy Member

Question:

Whatever region disc I get, I can download dlc for that game by creating an account for that region and downloading it, and play it on any of my accounts?

Effectively meaning it doesn't matter what region disc I buy? Do I understand this correctly?

WTS: BNIB Zowie G-TF Speed mousepad, CDs
Emospence is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.