HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree244Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2019, 11:19 AM   #3301
Master Member

For those who are using earphone/headphone plugged into the PS4 controller, I want to introduce you to a little gadget I bought recently:

It's an adapter that you plug into the controller, then you plug your earphone into the adapter. What it offers is easy volume control (via a dial/wheel that you turn) and mic mute (via a big rectangular button). Yes, you can already do these on the PS4 itself, but you have to hold the PS button, then navigate through the menu to adjust. This adapter just makes them quick and easy (if your earphone/headphone doesn't already have such buttons).

The cons are:
- It's a bit bulky looking, but it doesn't get in the way, you only touch it when pressing the PS button
- The button is not Mute on/off but Mic on/off. So when the button is pushed down (it stays down), it's mic on, mic is not muted.

I got that from Aliexpress at US$2.15, free shipping. You can do a search for "ps4 audio jack headset adapter" (mine is this).

----------

As a bonus, if you want to use a bluetooth earphone/headphone/speaker, there's this other gadget:

It's a bluetooth transmitter dongle that you plug into the PS4. Then you pair your bluetooth earphone/speaker to it (hold the button on the dongle for like 2s to get into pairing mode). (I do find that after pairing once, often have to do again when want to use again.) Note that depending on your earphone, the volume control on the earphone (if any) may not work.

Also note that this is transmitter only, no receiving function, so your earphone's mic won't work. That's why you see another little thingy that you plug into the PS4 controller's earphone jack. That's basically a little mic (it uses PS4 controller's built-in function to handle your voice input).

You can search Aliexpress for "ps4 bluetooth adapter" (should be around US$8, free shipping).

----------

So which to use? Really depends on what earphone you want to use. Do note that these are stereo only, no surround sound.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #3302
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone bought the limited edition kh3 ps4 pro?

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL
Milo-Dino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 04:48 AM   #3303
Arch-Supremacy Member

Too many pictures of the game. Which one is the actual RE2?

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Whizdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 04:49 AM   #3304
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some resident evil 2 some is biohazard which is which

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
Whizdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #3305

Has anyone finished RE2R and how long did it take? howlongtobeat.com shows approx. 10.5h to complete main game + extras. I am expecting 15 to 20 hours.
1st run depends

subsequent familiar speed run only need 2-2.3hours

fully complete trophy hunting you need at least 6 runs of gameplay.
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 12:15 PM   #3306
Master Member

Some resident evil 2 some is biohazard which is which
The series is originally called Biohazard in Japan. When they released the English version, to avoid lawsuit from a band, they renamed it Resident Evil. This is one of the classic video game titbits. (Another common gaming knowledge is why Dynasty Warriors series has a higher number than the corresponding Japanese series, eg. Dynasty Warriors 9 = 真三國無双8.)

Interestingly, when they released RE7, in English it is called "Resident Evil 7: Biohazard" and in Japan it is called "Biohazard 7: Resident Evil" . I think some of the recent games come with a reversible cover, so you can show it as RE or Bio.

Next question is whether they all have English. From the pics you posted, so long as US (region 1), EU (region 2, PEGI rating logo), they all have English. If you buy the Asia version (region 3), it has English/Chinese/Japanese/Korean game text, English/Japanese voice, you can even download Chinese voiceover as DLC for free. Just don't buy the Japan version of the game (region 2), cos for Japan releases, you will have to double check to see if it has English.
Old 16-02-2019, 04:00 AM   #3307

Hi, sorry damn noob question here but I recently bought the PS4 Party bundle and they put on the box it comes with 1mth free PS plus? Can't find any voucher inside for that though..how do I activate this?

** found blue piece of paper already lol **
TheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 11:24 AM   #3308

Hi wat the diff btw dmc 4 vs dmc definitive edition ... thinking of getting either one but not sure which to get any suggestions
auzzuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 01:05 PM   #3309
Master Member

Metro Exodus (ps4)
metacritic 79

US PSN (R1): US$60
published by Deep Silver
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...TROEXODUS00000

SG PSN (R3): S$109.60 (> US$80)
published by Koch Media
https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/...IAFULLGAME0000

Both above are the standard edition, not the gold edition (also much higher price in SG), no season pass.

WTF Koch Media, as if the Steam vs Epic game store drama is not enough. How's the physical disc version prices locally?

ACG review: This is a buy, it is well worth the money [lol, not if you have to pay the higher price]
Old 16-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #3310
Arch-Supremacy Member

Metro Exodus (ps4)
metacritic 79

US PSN (R1): US$60
published by Deep Silver
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...TROEXODUS00000

SG PSN (R3): S$109.60 (> US$80)
published by Koch Media
https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/...IAFULLGAME0000

Both above are the standard edition, not the gold edition (also much higher price in SG), no season pass.

WTF Koch Media, as if the Steam vs Epic game store drama is not enough. How's the physical disc version prices locally?
physical disc is about $69.
Old 16-02-2019, 01:17 PM   #3311
Master Member

Hi wat the diff btw dmc 4 vs dmc definitive edition ... thinking of getting either one but not sure which to get any suggestions
Different games. There is Devil May Cry (first one), Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry 4 (this one is PS3). Then Capcom let Platinum Game make a pre-quel, which they just called DmC (also on PS3). This pre-quel has a highly controversial re-imaging of the main character Dante. It has a young Dante who looks like a drug addict, generally called 'emo' Dante. (And he actually seem to be modeled after the game's director, so basically he put himself in the game as the hero.) There's a lot of backlash from fans. Gameplay wise it's supposed to be quite good.

Anyway, both DMC4 and DmC are PS3 titles. They have HD remastered versions on PS4. The original 1-3 were also remastered and bundled together on PS4. Which to get? Maybe just wait for Devil May Cry 5 (native ps4) which is coming in about 3 weeks. There is a demo fro DMC5 you can try first.
Old 16-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #3312
Master Member

Different games. There is Devil May Cry (first one), Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3, Devil May Cry 4 (this one is PS3). Then Capcom let Platinum Game make a pre-quel, which they just called DmC (also on PS3). This pre-quel has a highly controversial re-imaging of the main character Dante. It has a young Dante who looks like a drug addict, generally called 'emo' Dante. (And he actually seem to be modeled after the game's director, so basically he put himself in the game as the hero.) There's a lot of backlash from fans. Gameplay wise it's supposed to be quite good.
not platinum games but some ang mo company. i lazy to research, my uncle brain tries to recall, think co name is ninja theory. dmc is hideki kamiya's baby, he's not gonna trash it. if let them make i'll be really happy.

the rest is dark history lol emo kid who took drug and looks like the game director really 'laugh die me'. i still remember watching the 1st trailer i alrdy decide not to buy it.

Last edited by dio brando; 16-02-2019 at 01:58 PM..
dio brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #3313
Master Member

not platinum games but some ang mo company. i lazy to research, my uncle brain tries to recall, think co name is ninja theory. dmc is hideki kamiya's baby, he's not gonna trash it. if let them make i'll be really happy.

the rest is dark history lol emo kid who took drug and looks like the game director really 'laugh die me'. i still remember watching the 1st trailer i alrdy decide not to buy it.
oh ya, you're right, not platinum. lol, it seems like platinum makes everything.
Old 16-02-2019, 10:35 PM   #3314

DmC is by Ninja Theory the one that make senua

it actually pretty good if you ignore emo dante design

animation is smooth , battle is "snappy" like got no input lag

also got well thought out detail like : good checkpoint so each time you die dont have to run very far , etc

Last edited by little_one; 16-02-2019 at 10:38 PM..
little_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2019, 10:17 PM   #3315

Recently bought 'Kingdom Hearts 3' but have not started on it yet. Clearing some of my older backlog first.

Completed 'Assassin's Creed Origins', now starting on 'Shadow Of The Tomb Raider' and in the meantime, I'm trying to grind paragon levels on 'Diablo 3'.

EDIT: Looking forward to DMC5. Whoop whoop.
maggigoreng is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.