[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
13 min FF7 Remake commercial. A 7 min cut of it actually aired on TV in Japan.

Those were the good times!

I still had the original Japanese FFVII boxed set as seen in the video in sealed condition. :)

I remembered being so excited that I even played the disc 1 alpha/beta version that somehow leaked to the public. Had to buy a small JPN-ENG dictionary to translate the key wordings.

Then of course when it was released I played the Japanese version, then the English version. And getting the strategy guide books etc and replay the game from beginning as wanted to find ALL the hidden locations/weapons etc.

Still remembered trying to defeat the ruby weapon in the desert with the battle itself lasting 2 to 4 hrs(!!) and yet still lost the fight. Obviously I didn't use the fighting strategies as suggested in the guide books as I wanted to try with my own effort/strategy back then.

This is the first game that had deep emotional scenes that almost make me cry (or maybe I did cry?).

Back to the remake version, it looks like the preorder game is only for the Midgar portion? I hope it isn't so, else that means getting the complete game will cost hundreds of dollars.

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Back to the remake version, it looks like the preorder game is only for the Midgar portion? I hope it isn't so, else that means getting the complete game will cost hundreds of dollars.
It is only the Midgar portion. They expanded it to an open world, put in other things you can do. Personally I don't like this episodic format. If it's a brand new story, perhaps it's ok, but then like FF15, after the main game I have no interest in getting back to the world or continuing the multiple DLC story expansions. Breaking an existing story/game into multiple parts, selling each at full price (and more), stretching over years of release, I'm not buying into that. Will wait for full package.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is only the Midgar portion. They expanded it to an open world, put in other things you can do. Personally I don't like this episodic format. If it's a brand new story, perhaps it's ok, but then like FF15, after the main game I have no interest in getting back to the world or continuing the multiple DLC story expansions. Breaking an existing story/game into multiple parts, selling each at full price (and more), stretching over years of release, I'm not buying into that. Will wait for full package.

That's what I fear, guess had to wait awhile for the Game of the year edition with full game and all DLC contents.

kennerv

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone using ultrawide monitor with ps4? Can share if the image will be stretched or can I set it to have letterbox at the sides?

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
glowing review from Skillup for Death Stranding.

Atelier Ryza - Launch Trailer | PS4

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think Death Stranding, if u watch a lot of the walkthrough will spoil the first time experience.
i am sure this game got alot of hidden stuff to discover.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently on Chapter 2 in DS. Honestly it’s already very repetitive. The story is disjointed so far. Unique mechanics but do we really need it? It’s not like it’s breaking grounds in the gaming world.

Kojima, Kojima. You creative man. Sometimes abit too ambitious for your own good.

Maybe having a big game developer like Konami was good also. At least such MNCs prob have spent huge amount of time on focus groups and defined expectations.. at the very least to balance creativity and mass acceptance.

Now Kojima has free rein. Which unfortunately not every fan will stick to his/her expectations.

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the game really is deliver items from a to b?

Yeah, that’s the gist of it so far. There is a reason for doing that ah but still it’s very repetitive. It’s about reconnecting the ‘strands”, subtle message about the human aspects, typical mindeffing sequences that I don’t give a toss.

If you expect it to be a typical open world game, do what you want kind of thing, this game failed to deliver big time for me so far. Giving myself another day to get hooked, if not I’m returning it.

Last edited:

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe having a big game developer like Konami was good also. At least such MNCs prob have spent huge amount of time on focus groups and defined expectations.. at the very least to balance creativity and mass acceptance.

Now Kojima has free rein. Which unfortunately not every fan will stick to his/her expectations.

konami more interested in mobile games as they require less money to make and still able to make money compared to big titles. this is why they kicked kojima out.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s the gist of it so far. There is a reason for doing that ah but still it’s very repetitive. It’s about reconnecting the ‘strands”, subtle message about the human aspects, typical mindeffing sequences that I don’t give a toss.

If you expect it to be a typical open world game, do what you want kind of thing, this game failed to deliver big time for me so far. Giving myself another day to get hooked, if not I’m returning it.

so good can return after a few days??

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.