[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Not all. Better get dlc from the original game stores.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Oh, my bad for being unclear. I meant that my Shovel Knight game and its DLCs are BOTH from US Store. And I am able to play them successfully on my SG account instead.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, my bad for being unclear. I meant that my Shovel Knight game and its DLCs are BOTH from US Store. And I am able to play them successfully on my SG account instead.

sg or us account doesn't really matter. it is the region of the game that matters.

this is why our local game stores sell europe region 2 games cheaper than asia region 3 or us region 1 games cos their dlcs are hard to buy. if you don't intend to buy dlcs then the region doesn't matter.

symbiote28

Reaction score
ps plus is only for online play. if your sw game is from sg asia then your dlcs have to be bought from sg psn store otherwise they don't work. only some games can work.

they should work if both your sw game and dlcs are from us store. can try to delete and reinstall both game and dlcs.

sg or us account doesn't really matter. it is the region of the game that matters.

this is why our local game stores sell europe region 2 games cheaper than asia region 3 or us region 1 games cos their dlcs are hard to buy. if you don't intend to buy dlcs then the region doesn't matter.

thanks all. it finally worked for some reason.

my SW game and the upgrade DLC is from US store. it just took a couple of exits out of the game and relaunched.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Can dlcs from US store be played using SG PS+? I just bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 and the upgrade DLC which is the Celebration upgrade in the US store. Once it downloads, i logged out and login to my main SG PSN account to play but strangely, on the main menu, there's a option to buy the upgrade which i already bought in the US store.
From your description, I assume these:
- You bought both the base game and upgrade DLC from US store.
- You switched to SG account to play it, successfully (you can access contents of both the base game and DLC).
- However on the main menu, the game shows you an option to buy the upgrade DLC, which you already owned.

My theory:
- The game's coding is a bit lazy. Since you are using SG account to play, when the game checks for DLC purchase, it checks the SG PSN store, it checks whether your SG account bought the DLC. The right thing to do is to first check whether DLC is present/installed, regardless of region. If found (and it should be found), then mark it as purchased, no need to check PSN store.

- For this particular game, I see that both US and SG PSN versions have product ID "CUSA05770". So in theory the DLCs are cross-region compatible with the base game. (Not sure about the microtransaction DLCs, it's possible they are account locked.) Maybe that's why the game's coding is confused, cos it found that your account playing the game (SG account) does not own the DLC which it found on the store (SG store).

Bottomline, if you can play it and access both contents, just ignore the menu.

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not all. Better get dlc from the original game stores.

I read wrongly. I refer to dlc matching game psn. Yes, any dlc can buy played using any psn plus.

symbiote28

Reaction score
From your description, I assume these:
- You bought both the base game and upgrade DLC from US store.
- You switched to SG account to play it, successfully (you can access contents of both the base game and DLC).
- However on the main menu, the game shows you an option to buy the upgrade DLC, which you already owned.

My theory:
- The game's coding is a bit lazy. Since you are using SG account to play, when the game checks for DLC purchase, it checks the SG PSN store, it checks whether your SG account bought the DLC. The right thing to do is to first check whether DLC is present/installed, regardless of region. If found (and it should be found), then mark it as purchased, no need to check PSN store.

- For this particular game, I see that both US and SG PSN versions have product ID "CUSA05770". So in theory the DLCs are cross-region compatible with the base game. (Not sure about the microtransaction DLCs, it's possible they are account locked.) Maybe that's why the game's coding is confused, cos it found that your account playing the game (SG account) does not own the DLC which it found on the store (SG store).

Bottomline, if you can play it and access both contents, just ignore the menu.

thanks for the very detailed breakdown. i managed to get it working but yeah, ignoring the menu was what i was going to do if it didn't work :s13:

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. I need to get a original ps4 dual shock controller. I saw some users at carousell selling it at $35. I find the deal is good but after I Google search. There are fake ps4 ds4 controller around. Any ideas those are fake? Then I have to get it from amazon sg which is selling at $46 for the black colour.

dagobah

Reaction score
Hi. I need to get a original ps4 dual shock controller. I saw some users at carousell selling it at $35. I find the deal is good but after I Google search. There are fake ps4 ds4 controller around. Any ideas those are fake? Then I have to get it from amazon sg which is selling at $46 for the black colour.

Those are all fake. If you want original, it's now $60 on sale at most of the stores(usual price $79).

auzzuro

Reaction score
Recently I buy Spider-Man game which includes all the dlc and I was told I need to login in to ps store to redeem the codes suppose I do that if in future I got myself a ps5 can I still redeem the codes again ? I don’t think can right ?so does it meaning I can only use the codes once than if I want to play on ps5 with all the dlc how ??

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently I buy Spider-Man game which includes all the dlc and I was told I need to login in to ps store to redeem the codes suppose I do that if in future I got myself a ps5 can I still redeem the codes again ? I don’t think can right ?so does it meaning I can only use the codes once than if I want to play on ps5 with all the dlc how ??

Why cannot? You change account as well when you change to ps5, no right? :s13:

Elysium87

Reaction score

let's set aside ps5.

for ps4, once u redeem the code. u complete the game, u delete the game, u decide to replay again, u can redownload the dlc and stuff which u redeem the code previously.

so in theory, yes u could do the same for ps5
now for ps5, can't advise as ps5 full actual details is not out yet. all we have is leak/rumours here and there

lastly for dlc code, there's a deadline as well.

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
LOL, WWE 2K20 doesn't work in 2020. Literally, every mode will blue screen the PS4. Just another glitch added to the mountain of glitches (seriously, there are tons of funny youtube videos).

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone one singnet experiencing lag on ps4?

been playing PES 2020 online, using ethernet cable and singnet fibre

really is battling against lag for almost all matches.

anyway to reduce this lag?

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL, WWE 2K20 doesn't work in 2020. Literally, every mode will blue screen the PS4. Just another glitch added to the mountain of glitches (seriously, there are tons of funny youtube videos).

i thought only ubisoft and bethesda make broken games.

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Z0G8Naf.jpg

You mean this? This one sold from China by some merchant leh... Look fake to me...

I got spare black ds4 which came with my new ps4 pro which I'm willing to let go.

Posted from PCWX using Some morse code device

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean this? This one sold from China by some merchant leh... Look fake to me...

I got spare black ds4 which came with my new ps4 pro which I'm willing to let go.

Posted from PCWX using Some morse code device

How much are you selling the controller? I'm getting another controller soon.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.