HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree473Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #3871
Supremacy Member

Each of you will need a PSN account (free to create). But only 1 account needs to subscribe to PS+ (need to pay). Put both accounts on both PS4. Then by setting "activate as primary PS4" you can share digital games and PS+ subscription (I can give you more info when you are ready.
I just realized your suggestion might be able to let me at least play the Horizon Dawn i have on my desk for ages.

Let me go back and check something first lol

Thanks guru!
Old 31-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #3872
High Supremacy Member

Each of you will need a PSN account (free to create). But only 1 account needs to subscribe to PS+ (need to pay). Put both accounts on both PS4. Then by setting "activate as primary PS4" you can share digital games and PS+ subscription (I can give you more info when you are ready.
i was thinking of doing this if I choose to buy a PS4 pro...... then the current old PS4, pass to my brothers in law in malaysia lol..

At least with my PSN they can still have new games to play lol..

Just to check, if I were to use the secondary ps4 pro in singapore, can I still purchase PSN games using the secondary? Or only primary can purchase new digital games?
Milo-Dino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 04:06 PM   #3873
High Supremacy Member

Bro, can share PS+?

I am subscribed to PS+ on ly SG account. Possible to share the subscription with my US account?
Old 31-05-2019, 04:26 PM   #3874
Master Member

i was thinking of doing this if I choose to buy a PS4 pro...... then the current old PS4, pass to my brothers in law in malaysia lol..

At least with my PSN they can still have new games to play lol..

Just to check, if I were to use the secondary ps4 pro in singapore, can I still purchase PSN games using the secondary? Or only primary can purchase new digital games?
- Each account can buy games or subscribe to PS+.

- Each account can sit on 2 PS4s.

- For each account, pick one of the PS4s and activate it as "primary PS4" (Settings > Account Management > Activate as Your Primary PS4 > Activate). On the other PS4 skip that step and leave it as 'secondary'.

- The basic rule: For an account, on its primary PS4, contents it owns can be shared with other accounts on that same PS4. On a secondary PS4, only that account can use its own contents, other accounts cannot share. (Yes, this can be confusing, read it a few more times )

- So, use an example, Account-A and Account-B, PS4-A and PS4-B. Put Account-A on both PS4-A and PS4-B. Also put Account-B on both PS4-A and PS4-B. Now this is the trick: Account-A activates PS4-B as its primary PS4, Account-B activates PS4-A as its primary PS4.

- With that set up, Account-A will use PS4-A (and it can use contents Account-B owns), Account-B will use PS4-B (and it can use contents Account-A owns).

- What contents can be shared: digital games, most digital DLCs, themes, free games received from PS+ membership, access to online multiplayer gaming (which requires PS+, so only one account needs to subscribe to PS+ cos it can be shared). Most free-to-play multiplayer games do not need PS+, so no need to share.

- What contents cannot be shared: cloud save (uploading/downloading save file for backup, this is feature of PS+, only the member can use this), avatars, some digital DLCs (mostly microtransaction type, those that are locked to the owner)

- Account-A and Account-B don't need to be same region (one can be SG, one can be US, for example), can still share. (Just remember that when buying DLC for games, to be safe, have to buy in the same region as the base game. US/region 1 game buy US DLC, SG/region 3 game buy SG DLC. There are exceptions where cross-region DLC work but generally assume not.)
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #3875
Master Member

Bro, can share PS+?

I am subscribed to PS+ on ly SG account. Possible to share the subscription with my US account?
If both your SG and US accounts are on the same PS4, then can share. Your US account doesn't need to subscribe PS+, it can still have access to online gaming (which is a benefit of PS+ membership) as it shares that from your SG account. (Remember your SG account needs to activate the PS4 as Primary PS4.) Cloud save function is not sharable though.

If they are on two separate PS4s, then see my long post above.
Old 31-05-2019, 06:31 PM   #3876
Supremacy Member

Guys, if your PSN subscription is due for renewal or you know you will renew down the road like me for online gaming, please do it before 1st of August. Just saw this from my email:

Starting on August 1, 2019, prices for PlayStation Plus subscriptions in Singapore will be increasing due to market conditions.
The PlayStation Plus 12-month recurring payment plan will change to SGD53.9
The PlayStation Plus 3-month recurring payment plan will change to SGD21.9
The PlayStation Plus 1-month recurring payment plan will change to SGD8.9
The new prices will take effect on August 1, 2019.
This means that any recurring payments due on or after that date will be at the new price.

The price increase for 1 year is by $10
Old 31-05-2019, 06:54 PM   #3877
Master Member

Guys, if your PSN subscription is due for renewal or you know you will renew down the road like me for online gaming, please do it before 1st of August. Just saw this from my email:

Starting on August 1, 2019, prices for PlayStation Plus subscriptions in Singapore will be increasing due to market conditions.
The PlayStation Plus 12-month recurring payment plan will change to SGD53.9
The PlayStation Plus 3-month recurring payment plan will change to SGD21.9
The PlayStation Plus 1-month recurring payment plan will change to SGD8.9
The new prices will take effect on August 1, 2019.
This means that any recurring payments due on or after that date will be at the new price.

The price increase for 1 year is by $10
A few points to take note of:

- Always disable auto-renewal (Settings > Account Management > Account Information > PlayStation Subscriptions > PlayStation Plus > Turn Off Auto-Renew). You want to purchase subscription manually to take advantage of any promos. Don't want to be surprised when you are busy with work/project and didn't turn on PS4 for long time and get charged for auto-renewal at full price.

- You don't have to wait till your current subscription expires before renewing. You can add more months to it any time. It will just extend your subscription period by whatever amount you just bought. It does not forfeit any remaining subscription period you still have currently. Eg. If you still have 6 months left before expiry and you buy 12 months, you will then have 18 month (not just 12 months). So you can control when you buy more (ie. when there is discount).

- There is an upcoming "Days of Play" event from Jun 7 to 17. There are various promos (consoles, games) and Asia PS+ subscription will be discounted. If you buy PS+ (12 months or 3 months) from PSN store, there's a 30% discount (ie. SGD 30.73 for 12 months, =S$2.56 per month). If you buy physical PS+ card (available at some local shops, like Cheers) it will be 3 months free (ie. you get 15 months at S$43.90, =S$2.92 per month).
Old 31-05-2019, 06:59 PM   #3878
Master Member

Lucky got free 10years psn
sHaDy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 10:06 PM   #3879
Master Member

Lucky got free 10years psn
How did you get 10yrs?
kennerv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 10:53 PM   #3880

sigh... i'm so tempted to upgrade my ps4 fat to ps4 pro... but ps5 probably here next year
I think Singapore will be 2021, if the PS4pro is anything to go by. It took a good 4 months after launch before it was really available in the shops here.

PS5 looks like Nov 2021 release.
SiaoAngMoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:27 AM   #3881
Master Member

How did you get 10yrs?
It was part of the PS4 launch
sHaDy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #3882
High Supremacy Member

If both your SG and US accounts are on the same PS4, then can share. Your US account doesn't need to subscribe PS+, it can still have access to online gaming (which is a benefit of PS+ membership) as it shares that from your SG account. (Remember your SG account needs to activate the PS4 as Primary PS4.) Cloud save function is not sharable though.

If they are on two separate PS4s, then see my long post above.

I only have 1 PS4. Oh, by sharing you mean online gaming function?
It does not give me PS+ discount on the US store right? Paiseh ah. noob about all these functions.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:04 AM   #3883
Master Member

I only have 1 PS4. Oh, by sharing you mean online gaming function?
It does not give me PS+ discount on the US store right? Paiseh ah. noob about all these functions.
Ya, sharing online gaming function only, doesn't give you PS+ discount on other region stores (doesn't give PS+ discount when using a different account within the same region store either).
Old 01-06-2019, 11:41 AM   #3884
High Supremacy Member

Ya, sharing online gaming function only, doesn't give you PS+ discount on other region stores (doesn't give PS+ discount when using a different account within the same region store either).

Thanks man.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #3885
Greater Supremacy Member

Pre order death straining collectors edition

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.