HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree286Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2019, 03:53 PM   #3991

anyone gonna pre order??

https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/...IADD0000000000
I wait review first. After knowing its not the full story of the original game, I want to see how long the playtime is.
kennerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 05:33 PM   #3992

Too expensive. I mean for the 1st Class Edition $499!!!
Shall buy the Deluxe Edition if have Steelbook. ...if not Not buying till 2nd hand.

anyone gonna pre order??

https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/...IADD0000000000
rudylili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 05:34 PM   #3993

Got down mah? I bought twice the PSN+ subscription and some games at 2pm.

If psn is down later, cannot get back money rite?
rudylili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 05:55 PM   #3994

U mean XV is the worst game or all the final fantasy series is worst
I think he meant the 1st Final Fantasy on NES.
mliolukiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #3995
Greater Supremacy Member

Too expensive. I mean for the 1st Class Edition $499!!!
Shall buy the Deluxe Edition if have Steelbook. ...if not Not buying till 2nd hand.
1st class more x cuz of the figurine

i probably also settle for Deluxe Edition too
Old 15-06-2019, 07:37 PM   #3996
Master Member

1st class more x cuz of the figurine

i probably also settle for Deluxe Edition too
Their figures not nice lah. Square Enix owns Play Art Kai, so they always use their figures. They make 'action figures', not statues. So if you look closer, especially at the elbows in the photo, it is very clear the joints are articulated, which is good if you actually play with it. If not they look very ugly, even if you move the joints just to pose. The bike looks nice though cos it looks more like a statue (it's still possible that it has movable parts).

Play Art Kai already has lots of similar style Final Fantasy action figures, including Cloud (in the FF7 Remake model as well as Advent Children model, complete with bike too). Can just get them separately, no need to pay high price for special edition, especially for a game that is not complete (some say this Midgar area is only 5-10% of the original game, even SE don't know how many episodes there will be), surely there will be more special editions down the road.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 09:09 PM   #3997

Their figures not nice lah. Square Enix owns Play Art Kai, so they always use their figures. They make 'action figures', not statues. So if you look closer, especially at the elbows in the photo, it is very clear the joints are articulated, which is good if you actually play with it. If not they look very ugly, even if you move the joints just to pose. The bike looks nice though cos it looks more like a statue (it's still possible that it has movable parts).

Play Art Kai already has lots of similar style Final Fantasy action figures, including Cloud (in the FF7 Remake model as well as Advent Children model, complete with bike too). Can just get them separately, no need to pay high price for special edition, especially for a game that is not complete (some say this Midgar area is only 5-10% of the original game, even SE don't know how many episodes there will be), surely there will be more special editions down the road.
I was told by my friend who played the original game that Midgar is just disc 1 only.
Old 15-06-2019, 09:22 PM   #3998

No. Midgar is about 3/4 of disc 1. The end of disc 1 is when aerith gg.

Tbh, since it's a remake, I expect to see at least a game pass for the other episodes but I guess they will continue to squeeze
Milo-Dino likes this.
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 09:45 PM   #3999

Tbh, since it's a remake, I expect to see at least a game pass for the other episodes but I guess they will continue to squeeze
Oh Ya ya. He told me after that they go another place then go to disc 2.
Old 15-06-2019, 10:15 PM   #4000

Like a bit wtf ler, they are selling a incomplete game for $75. I really afraid other company will follow this format next time.
sacar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 11:30 PM   #4001
Supremacy Member

knn this SE really WTF, one episode $75. how many hundreds spend to finish one game?
kiryu86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 08:12 AM   #4002
Master Member

Won't have game pass cos they also don't know how many episodes over how many years, SE is not going to deny themselves any new revenue in future years by collecting a fixed amount from you now. Who knows, later episodes (could be like 3 or 5 years later) maybe PS5 only, they don't want to commit to making PS4 version by selling you game pass.
Old 16-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #4003

Yeah I get that. I just feel that they are really milking this since it's technically a remake.
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 01:00 PM   #4004
Master Member

While it's a remake, I think they are looking at it as a 10-year project, kinda like FF15 (or FF13 before that). They built a world, then they just keep adding things to it using the game-as-a-service business model, selling incremental DLCs, costumes, cosmetics etc (and a 'pocket edition' and 'FF7 remake GO' too) to sustain revenue for many years. It's like MMORPG but single-player (who knows, maybe they will add some PvP arenas or battle royale, or PvE co-op).

Ya, they will milk it for sure. Developers just can't make a good complete game and then move on to another project (like God of War, Spider-man, Uncharted), it has to be a big live-service world . Even Ubisoft's big open-world games know how to move on to the next entry with different settings, even if gameplay is mostly the same.
Old 16-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #4005

If they are adding significant character development or plot details and new gameplay mechanics (provided they are great) to enhance it into a full game, I think it's still worth the full game price each episode. Else just wait until many, many years later to get the "Complete Edition" if they ever finish it. They offer it but we can say no - just don't buy now and keep waiting, or buy-play-sell, minimize loss.

Worst nightmare I can think of is that they add in filler stuffs (useless sidequests, item collection for no rewards etc) to increase game length just for max milking through incoming years. I hope SE isn't making a mistake. FF games these days don't shine like before already.
mliolukiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.