[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

mliolukiye

Reaction score
For ff7 the material what does this mean huh 0=0 when u put material inside wat the diff with single 0 0 ?

You can pair up materias for added affect by inserting in such "joined" slots.
E.g. Elemental materia + Lightning/Fire/Ice/Wind materia paired on a Weapon with such slots, will give you Elemental attack when you use your weapon. A regular attack will be enhanced with Ice effect which will damage ice-weak enemies more but of course if you hit it on ice-resistant enemies, the damage will be reduced.

Try experimenting with other combinations, if they glow after pairing up, it means they are compatible to have an effect.

dagobah

Reaction score
I hope to fight with strategy rather than grinding. Possible yeah? Seems like you have platinum it haha. The 3 resolutions - I don't think I've gotten to that chapter yet. No spoiler. Haha. I'm at chapter 10 sewers.

I also the type of players that only do minimal grinding if at all.

I think just take out all the pre-battle vending machines and benches, the game will be on another level of challenging as resource management will be crucial, no more spamming of potions....tbh, I felt it's a little hand-holding....

Have not try hard mode yet, still at chap.14...44hrs in...

auzzuro

Reaction score
For ff7 tifa and cloud skill should I upgrade magic skill or Attack skill ? Barret I go for magic cos I Wan it to be a healer

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For ff7 tifa and cloud skill should I upgrade magic skill or Attack skill ? Barret I go for magic cos I Wan it to be a healer

cloud or aerith should be healer. put healing materia on cloud's weapon so you can heal your team. cloud should be hybrid. a mix between magic and physical damage build. aerith should be pure magic build.

tifa and barret should go for pure damage. barret you can combine lightning or fire materia with 1 elemental materia on his weapon. this way he can damage mechanical enemies with lightning or human enemies with fire. for me i put lightning.

btw if you play on easy or normal mode can ignore all these elemental, magic or physical attack and other stuffs. just go for pure damage build since enemies are easy kill and buy 99 high/mega potions. heal with high/mega potions and ether when hp or mp is low.

its only on hard mode that these elemental stuffs matters.

auzzuro

Reaction score
For auto cure m when I cast a cure spell on a party member it will auto heal when Low Hp right but when I control the member will it auto cure when Low hp or won’t ?

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For auto cure m when I cast a cure spell on a party member it will auto heal when Low Hp right but when I control the member will it auto cure when Low hp or won’t ?

to be honest i never once use auto cure. its a waste of slot when you can put other useful materia. just use 99 high/mega potions if you want to heal.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
FYI, there's a free FF7 Remake theme on Asia PSN featuring Tifa. Basically static except her hair and one leg move a tiny bit. Interesting thing with this theme is that Tifa stays in the foreground, your row of game icons or folders will scroll through behind her.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Tifa Theme

There are 2 versions, seems like 1 for English/Japanese, 1 for Chinese/Korean, just like they are selling 2 versions of the game on Asia PSN. I assume the themes are exactly the same.

EN/JP (CUSA07052): https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/JP0082-CUSA07052_00-ASIA000000000005
CH/KR (CUSA16170): https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/HP0082-CUSA16170_00-DYNAMICTIFATHEME

Also, US PS+ has a free Cloud theme. This one just the familiar static pictures, only thing moving are some fog and the light above the reactors.

US PS+: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA07211_00-THEMECLOUD000000

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello lao lee, long time no see...

preordered LOU2

perfect game for such a time like this

mliolukiye

Reaction score
How does the ATB boost m work ?

I didn't really use that and I don't see any particular battle thus far needing it.

Thanks for reminding me that it may be useful in certain situations. Press L + R to activate doubling of ATB but at a cost of a cooldown, 360s = 6 min, etc. I suppose after you use it, you'll have to wait 6 mins until you can press again to double ATB.

At Chapter 14 now, hope to complete all the possible side quests before moving on. The map has reopened with
Chocobo fast travel
for exploration especially Wall Market.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't really use that and I don't see any particular battle thus far needing it.

Thanks for reminding me that it may be useful in certain situations. Press L + R to activate doubling of ATB but at a cost of a cooldown, 360s = 6 min, etc. I suppose after you use it, you'll have to wait 6 mins until you can press again to double ATB.

At Chapter 14 now, hope to complete all the possible side quests before moving on. The map has reopened with
Chocobo fast travel

you can do side quests that you missed after completing the game as there is chapter select for you to play again. this is also the way to get all 9 dresses and see other choices in the game.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
hello lao lee, long time no see...

preordered LOU2

perfect game for such a time like this
Hey, long time no see, old birds come back more often leh. Many moons ago ck just dropped by once then disappeared again. He said he's playing mobile games now, no more trophy hunting (lol, as if any one in SG can beat him). You leh, playing what now? Got play Destiny 2? Year 1 is free-to-play liao (now is mid of year 3). By the time LOU2 come out hopefully the irl virus over liao.

Side note, personally I don't see covid-19 as anything like zombie virus. I wish it's zombie virus, at least when you see a zombie coming you know to get away, and ppl board up at home. This thing is a Body Snatcher or The Thing movie.

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Chocobo fast travel
My fav materia.. Start battle atb boost can immediately do assess or steal

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.