HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree300Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2019, 07:33 AM   #4561
Master Member

13 min FF7 Remake commercial. A 7 min cut of it actually aired on TV in Japan.

PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:03 AM   #4562
Supremacy Member

13 min FF7 Remake commercial. A 7 min cut of it actually aired on TV in Japan.

Those were the good times!

I still had the original Japanese FFVII boxed set as seen in the video in sealed condition.

I remembered being so excited that I even played the disc 1 alpha/beta version that somehow leaked to the public. Had to buy a small JPN-ENG dictionary to translate the key wordings.

Then of course when it was released I played the Japanese version, then the English version. And getting the strategy guide books etc and replay the game from beginning as wanted to find ALL the hidden locations/weapons etc.

Still remembered trying to defeat the ruby weapon in the desert with the battle itself lasting 2 to 4 hrs(!!) and yet still lost the fight. Obviously I didn't use the fighting strategies as suggested in the guide books as I wanted to try with my own effort/strategy back then.

This is the first game that had deep emotional scenes that almost make me cry (or maybe I did cry?).

Back to the remake version, it looks like the preorder game is only for the Midgar portion? I hope it isn't so, else that means getting the complete game will cost hundreds of dollars.
rEe_TaN likes this.

Last edited by Recce5; 05-11-2019 at 09:05 AM..
Recce5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:34 AM   #4563
Master Member

Back to the remake version, it looks like the preorder game is only for the Midgar portion? I hope it isn't so, else that means getting the complete game will cost hundreds of dollars.
It is only the Midgar portion. They expanded it to an open world, put in other things you can do. Personally I don't like this episodic format. If it's a brand new story, perhaps it's ok, but then like FF15, after the main game I have no interest in getting back to the world or continuing the multiple DLC story expansions. Breaking an existing story/game into multiple parts, selling each at full price (and more), stretching over years of release, I'm not buying into that. Will wait for full package.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #4564
Supremacy Member

It is only the Midgar portion. They expanded it to an open world, put in other things you can do. Personally I don't like this episodic format. If it's a brand new story, perhaps it's ok, but then like FF15, after the main game I have no interest in getting back to the world or continuing the multiple DLC story expansions. Breaking an existing story/game into multiple parts, selling each at full price (and more), stretching over years of release, I'm not buying into that. Will wait for full package.
That's what I fear, guess had to wait awhile for the Game of the year edition with full game and all DLC contents.
Recce5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:00 PM   #4565

Anyone using ultrawide monitor with ps4? Can share if the image will be stretched or can I set it to have letterbox at the sides?
kennerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:56 AM   #4566
Master Member

glowing review from Skillup for Death Stranding.

Atelier Ryza - Launch Trailer | PS4

WIZ*ONE and UJUNG
Trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #4567
Master Member

you guys are making me to forfeit my deposit on death stranding.
Haha. But Iím still gonna go ahead and collect my order. Give the man a chance.
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #4568

Haha. But Iím still gonna go ahead and collect my order. Give the man a chance.
Me too. I want to see it for myself. Review scores are just for reference. Never play, never know. Hehe.
mliolukiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:38 PM   #4569
Master Member

Me too. I want to see it for myself. Review scores are just for reference. Never play, never know. Hehe.
Death Stranding embargo just lifted 7PM. Lots of let's play out there liao, can watch a bit first.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:09 PM   #4570

Death Stranding embargo just lifted 7PM. Lots of let's play out there liao, can watch a bit first.
I intend to dive in (PO-ed) without expectations. Avoided all gameplay videos/reviews, only watched a few trailers.
mliolukiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #4571
Greater Supremacy Member

glowing review from Skillup for Death Stranding.

Atelier Ryza - Launch Trailer | PS4

Think ppl got custom mod for Atelier Ryza

Sent from Rem Is Best Waifu using GAGT
Illusionist_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:50 AM   #4572
Master Member

Old 09-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #4573
Master Member

think Death Stranding, if u watch a lot of the walkthrough will spoil the first time experience.
i am sure this game got alot of hidden stuff to discover.

WIZ*ONE and UJUNG
Trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #4574
Supremacy Member

Currently on Chapter 2 in DS. Honestly it’s already very repetitive. The story is disjointed so far. Unique mechanics but do we really need it? It’s not like it’s breaking grounds in the gaming world.

Kojima, Kojima. You creative man. Sometimes abit too ambitious for your own good.
metamofia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:17 PM   #4575
Arch-Supremacy Member

Currently on Chapter 2 in DS. Honestly itís already very repetitive. The story is disjointed so far. Unique mechanics but do we really need it? Itís not like itís breaking grounds in the gaming world.

Kojima, Kojima. You creative man. Sometimes abit too ambitious for your own good.
the game really is deliver items from a to b?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.