HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree444Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2019, 04:18 PM   #4576
Master Member

Currently on Chapter 2 in DS. Honestly itís already very repetitive. The story is disjointed so far. Unique mechanics but do we really need it? Itís not like itís breaking grounds in the gaming world.

Kojima, Kojima. You creative man. Sometimes abit too ambitious for your own good.
Maybe having a big game developer like Konami was good also. At least such MNCs prob have spent huge amount of time on focus groups and defined expectations.. at the very least to balance creativity and mass acceptance.

Now Kojima has free rein. Which unfortunately not every fan will stick to his/her expectations.
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #4577
Supremacy Member

the game really is deliver items from a to b?
Yeah, that’s the gist of it so far. There is a reason for doing that ah but still it’s very repetitive. It’s about reconnecting the ‘strands”, subtle message about the human aspects, typical mindeffing sequences that I don’t give a toss.

If you expect it to be a typical open world game, do what you want kind of thing, this game failed to deliver big time for me so far. Giving myself another day to get hooked, if not I’m returning it.

WhiteHunter likes this.

Last edited by metamofia89; 09-11-2019 at 04:25 PM..
metamofia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #4578
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe having a big game developer like Konami was good also. At least such MNCs prob have spent huge amount of time on focus groups and defined expectations.. at the very least to balance creativity and mass acceptance.

Now Kojima has free rein. Which unfortunately not every fan will stick to his/her expectations.
konami more interested in mobile games as they require less money to make and still able to make money compared to big titles. this is why they kicked kojima out.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #4579
Supremacy Member

If this game doesn’t have the Kojima Productions brand, I doubt the media will rave about it. Doesn’t mean by having that brand makes it immune to criticism.

I’m ranting a little. But Kojima’s brilliance ended with Guns of the Patriot.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #4580
Master Member

Yeah, thatís the gist of it so far. There is a reason for doing that ah but still itís very repetitive. Itís about reconnecting the ĎstrandsĒ, subtle message about the human aspects, typical mindeffing sequences that I donít give a toss.

If you expect it to be a typical open world game, do what you want kind of thing, this game failed to deliver big time for me so far. Giving myself another day to get hooked, if not Iím returning it.

so good can return after a few days??

WIZ*ONE and UJUNG
Trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #4581
Supremacy Member

so good can return after a few days??
Sell back to game shop I mean.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:57 PM   #4582
Master Member

konami more interested in mobile games as they require less money to make and still able to make money compared to big titles. this is why they kicked kojima out.
I don't think the issue is Konami wanting to shift to mobile games. Looking at it from a company perspective, Kojima is just not a good game director/producer (aka project manager). He may be a creative person but he sucks big time as project manager. His projects (like MGS5) took years. Konami pumped tons of money into it for years, zero return. Companies work on an annual budget cycle, every year it's deficit going into the project, hitting the company's bottomline. So much so that in the interim they had to grab some parts that were already made, wrap it up as a full game (Ground Zero, which is nothing more than a demo or prequel) and sell that to get back some cash first.

And meanwhile, Kojima likes to be a glory hog, grabbing media attention all the time, putting the focus on himself rather than the company. Think about it, what is the most profitable product from Konami? Probably PES. They sell it every year, smaller incremental investment annually, steady revenue stream, dependable profit source. Pop quiz, who's the producer/director of the PES games? Anyone knows? Probably not (for that matter, probably more people know the name Kojima than the name of Konami's CEO). That's the point, whoever makes the most profitable games for the company doesn't hog the spotlight. He just dutifully, silently makes money for the company year after year. Compare that to Kojima, whose project goes totally out of hand, takes longer and longer (just because Kojima wants open world in MGS5), sinking more and more company money into the bottomless pit. And some projects are just fiasco (like the fruit ninja game), which Kojima has to make so he at least had some deliverables for the company.

If you are Konami, how much do you like Kojima? You'd probably give him a deadline to wrap up MGS5 whichever way, and kick him out.
Trueblue82 and WhiteHunter like this.

Last edited by PierceLee; 09-11-2019 at 09:59 PM..
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 PM   #4583
Greater Supremacy Member

Managed to able to get downgrade for death stranding. From collector to special edition

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:32 PM   #4584

I love fetch quests, walking simulator and in-game char boh. Probably buy DS next year during black friday sales.
DrBaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:55 PM   #4585

Hi guys,need to seek advice on the ps remote play on pc.Currectly my ps4 pro and pc connected on the same network at home on wire connection.But when i turn on the PC remote play app my ps4 pro display remote play connected and than disconnected.I try to goggle all solution i found on net but still not working.I have already turn on ps remote play,power safe mode allow internet connection on ps4.My pc firewall allow ps remote play app to connect and my pc spec meet the requirment.Those who able to connect using PC can advice?

Thks
xboxlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:46 PM   #4586
Greater Supremacy Member

I love fetch quests, walking simulator and in-game char boh. Probably buy DS next year during black friday sales.
if you really love it, why not buy now and still have to wait for next year ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:07 AM   #4587
High Supremacy Member

Bought ace combat on sale... Miss this flight sim so much since ps3

Posted from PCWX using Pixel 3 XL
Milo-Dino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:35 AM   #4588
Master Member

If you get what it means.
kennerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #4589
Master Member

By the time next year black friday comes, DS would have been PS+ free game liao

If you get what it means.
Got ninja van rating?

PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #4590

if you really love it, why not buy now and still have to wait for next year ?
By the time next year black friday comes, DS would have been PS+ free game liao
That loh.

Buy so many games that I love, but end up no time to play, haiz. So as much as it pains me to wait, makes more sense to buy later when it is discounted, even so for my beloved fan servicey DOA series . I also stopped buying physical and just buy digital versions
DrBaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.