[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am new to PSN and want to try out the 14 days trial before subscribing to it. How come there is no 14 days trial for Singapore PSN plus? I try to create account in other countries like Taiwan or japan there is but not in Singapore.

you can try 1 month option which is around sgd8.90. to be honest there is nothing to trial. psn plus is for online multiplayer. if you are not playing online then i don't think you need to sub it.

if you are after the free games, it is much cheaper to buy a pre-owned copy and resell it after you finish playing. the free games they give are usually less than 15-20 dollars.

mainframe

Reaction score
you can try 1 month option which is around sgd8.90. to be honest there is nothing to trial. psn plus is for online multiplayer. if you are not playing online then i don't think you need to sub it.

if you are after the free games, it is much cheaper to buy a pre-owned copy and resell it after you finish playing. the free games they give are usually less than 15-20 dollars.

Quite true, was thinking the same yesterday too, want to get the free games as there are two that I am interested, thought of getting them in that 14 days trial and later wait for any other good and subscribe. Thanks for the advise:)

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If this game do well think the mainstream critics and SJW will be triggered again at how this game lack representatives for minority and female\LGBT regardless the background ish set in WWI. After all nao some of them already kpkb about how GoT ish a sexist game as it should have Masako or Yuna as the main prayable character instead of Jin. :(

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Wow. Ryuzo on Lethal Mode, one-shot me with just ONE of his fast unblockable/parryable attacks. Punishing but very exciting.

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wow. Ryuzo on Lethal Mode, one-shot me with just ONE of his fast unblockable/parryable attacks. Punishing but very exciting.

Press O and keep rolling away (different direction), avoid the combo consecutive strikes from him :D only confront him when there is an opening in-between (a gap in his defenses) to break his block (stagger) :s22:

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Press O and keep rolling away (different direction), avoid the combo consecutive strikes from him :D only confront him when there is an opening in-between (a gap in his defenses) to break his block (stagger) :s22:

Thank you. I had already defeated him.

My method is to focus on making precise Parry's (realised it deals high damage, high risk big rewards) managed to perform 2 parry's, 1 heavenly strike, dodge all the red crosses and attack only when got opening. When he is in the stance of going to unsheath, I try to keep a distance to let him not even perform that Lethal unblockable attack. Wooooo...Lethal Mode is really tough! I feel the attacks come in like a flash (faster than Sekiro) and seems like a higher precision is required to execute the parry's etc successfully.

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
My personal comments on Ghosts of Tsushima.
Into Act II only.
Considering that it’s the last PS4 exclusive, I kinda expected more out of this title. Apologies to most here, cos I’m witnessing quite a fair bit of praise in this thread. Sadly I have to draw comparisons with Last of Us II since both games were out at this period of time.

Pros:
1. Gameplay mechanics are simple, challenging at times and luckily it’s not punishingly hard (eg, Sekiro or Demon Souls).
2. There are very subtle Jap moments in this (eg, haiku) that I think was a nice touch. Despite the fact, that it’s a bit jarring to see Jin recite poems or soak in hot springs less than 100m from a Mongol camp.
3. Huge open-world with tons of quests and side quests to accomplish. Most ‘value-game’ in my opinion.

Cons:
1. Coming from the gorgeous Last of Us II, GOT graphics is not as visually appealing. The colors and scenery might be nice, especially w the day/night translations. But it’s the small details that I think Naughty Dog got it right and deservingly it’s accolades. In short, I was not ‘wow’ by Sucker Punch’s samurai world.

2. Resource hunting. I kinda got bored searching mundane houses (which all look the same) for my supplies. Rotating the camera constantly looking at collectibles got really boring for me

3. Camera angle. There were times during combat that I could not parry well due to the strange / awkward position I was in.

4. Mundane quests. I got bored hearing the NPCs requests. It’s all rather similar. I felt event the main characters did not have a good story arc.

Summary:
To be honest, my interest in Assassins Creed died off after its 1st few iterations. Similarly I’m struggling to finish GOT as it’s concept is entirely similar cept with better combat (at least most of the time).

I would’nt really recommend this game strongly. But then again, on the hind side. GOT will prob occupy yr PS4 time whilst waiting for Cyberpunk next month.

termperm11

Reaction score
My personal comments on Ghosts of Tsushima.
Into Act II only.
Considering that it’s the last PS4 exclusive, I kinda expected more out of this title. Apologies to most here, cos I’m witnessing quite a fair bit of praise in this thread. Sadly I have to draw comparisons with Last of Us II since both games were out at this period of time.

Pros:
1. Gameplay mechanics are simple, challenging at times and luckily it’s not punishingly hard (eg, Sekiro or Demon Souls).
2. There are very subtle Jap moments in this (eg, haiku) that I think was a nice touch. Despite the fact, that it’s a bit jarring to see Jin recite poems or soak in hot springs less than 100m from a Mongol camp.
3. Huge open-world with tons of quests and side quests to accomplish. Most ‘value-game’ in my opinion.

Cons:
1. Coming from the gorgeous Last of Us II, GOT graphics is not as visually appealing. The colors and scenery might be nice, especially w the day/night translations. But it’s the small details that I think Naughty Dog got it right and deservingly it’s accolades. In short, I was not ‘wow’ by Sucker Punch’s samurai world.

2. Resource hunting. I kinda got bored searching mundane houses (which all look the same) for my supplies. Rotating the camera constantly looking at collectibles got really boring for me

3. Camera angle. There were times during combat that I could not parry well due to the strange / awkward position I was in.

4. Mundane quests. I got bored hearing the NPCs requests. It’s all rather similar. I felt event the main characters did not have a good story arc.

Summary:
To be honest, my interest in Assassins Creed died off after its 1st few iterations. Similarly I’m struggling to finish GOT as it’s concept is entirely similar cept with better combat (at least most of the time).

I would’nt really recommend this game strongly. But then again, on the hind side. GOT will prob occupy yr PS4 time whilst waiting for Cyberpunk next month.
Agree with you on some points about the camera issues and the NPC requests. Currently on Act 1. Another issue so far is the japanese voice acting doesn't sync up with the cutscene. Instead, it syncs up the english voice acting. This is a game that takes place in japanese setting. Feels very weird honestly. Will give a more thorough opinion piece once I'm done with the game :s12:

Soulhacker

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They said a picture is worth a thousand words

3xxfnbqe20e51.jpg

Good to know Jin ish stepping aside to make more rooms on the shelf for TLOU2. :(

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
They said a picture is worth a thousand words

3xxfnbqe20e51.jpg

Good to know Jin ish stepping aside to make more rooms on the shelf for TLOU2. :(

yea there are reports that hordes of tlou2 fanboys submitting negative user reviews on Metacritic to lower the score of got to 9.3 the reviews are new accounts and only reviewed tlou2 and got :s13:

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Agree with you on some points about the camera issues and the NPC requests. Currently on Act 1. Another issue so far is the japanese voice acting doesn't sync up with the cutscene. Instead, it syncs up the english voice acting. This is a game that takes place in japanese setting. Feels very weird honestly. Will give a more thorough opinion piece once I'm done with the game :s12:

At first, I also find it odd and thought that its highly unlikely that they will miss such a mechanic also. Then I saw the link below, I got my answer.

https://gamerant.com/ghost-of-tsushima-lock-on-target/

Now, I'm used to it. I have the freedom to fight in any direction and dodge, parry and whatnots. I don't have to keep on switching/lock-on new enemies every time 1 is down. I enjoy the freedom while it's chaotic. (fights are like that, aren't they?)

E.g.
Tadayori
quest - With no restriction, I can sprint here and there whack, whack and then throw a sticky bomb to 1 and then another kunai onto another side quickly. Then switch stance and just focus on staggering the shield man. All these without a restrictive lock-on or need to lock-on/unlock/switch.

Maybe they could have left it as an option for the players...but that doesn't emulate the atmosphere also.

Yes, the lip sync isn't there and I just realised it yesterday only - Japanese voice, English lip sync - Kinda Odd.

Elysium87

Reaction score
because the game was made by an american company, and not japanese company. their target audience was more for global english speaker, but since the game is set in japan, they just get japanese ppl to sub as well.

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Anyone PO Marvel's Avenger ?

got closed beta this friday

and the super backlash of spider-man exclusive for PS4. :s13:

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

is November correct? PS4 able to access beta?

next month, September is cyberpunk :s11:

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wait for marvel avenger complete edition. they going to slowly introduce dlc characters every few months with hawkeye and spider-man being the first 2.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.