HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree444Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2020, 02:16 PM   #5236
Arch-Supremacy Member

Does anyone use Vertical Cooling Stand Charging Station?

Any idea how is this OIVO Vertical Cooling Stand Charging Station?
What are you using it for in the first place?

As a universal stand to store your games/controller? If so, it's ok.

As cooling? Any cooling stand is near useless and a waste of money.
justln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2020, 02:49 PM   #5237
Supremacy Member

Guys, may I know for PS Plus best is to buy directly from PSN? I saw PSN selling $53.90 for 12 month but Qisahn $57.70 for 12 months.
zXioNGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #5238

What are you using it for in the first place?

As a universal stand to store your games/controller? If so, it's ok.

As cooling? Any cooling stand is near useless and a waste of money.
Thank you, online review also mention the same.
sajokj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #5239
Master Member

Guys, may I know for PS Plus best is to buy directly from PSN? I saw PSN selling $53.90 for 12 month but Qisahn $57.70 for 12 months.
wait for PSN got subscrbtion offer for PS+
Old 21-03-2020, 06:20 PM   #5240
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it worth getting the PS4 holiday promotion? What games are good for RPG?
Ye_Rongtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 08:35 AM   #5241
Supremacy Member

wait for PSN got subscrbtion offer for PS+
Nice, currently at $53, what's the normal pricing? Thanks
zXioNGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #5242
Master Member

Assuming we are talking SG PS+ (you subscribe for SG PSN account), that's the normal price loh, SGD 53.90 for 1 year. You can either buy from PSN Store digitally directly (pay by credit/debit card or Paypal, note that your bank may charge extra like 1%), or go 7-11/Cheers and buy a physical card (they are hanging from little rack, along with the Apple, Google cards), it's the same price. (So I don't know why Qisahn is selling S$57, unless it's for US PS+, but then that's too cheap for US.)

When there is sale, usually on PSN Store digitally, it's same $53.90 but get 1 month, 2 months, 3 months free; or it's the same 12 months but at 20%, 25% discounted price. Recent sale was CNY - digitally it's 25% off ($39.90), if you buy physical card, it's always $53.90 (cos the price is printed on the card), you get additional 4 months when you redeem the card within the promotion period. Once in a long while, PSN Store has promo where you buy the subscription, you get certain game for free (yours to keep forever).

btw, if you buy another subscription while your current one still hasn't expired, it just extends the expiry date by the added duration. You don't lose anything, so you don't have to wait until current one expires before buying again, it can stack. So grab them when there is a good sale.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 11:40 AM   #5243

btw, if you buy another subscription while your current one still hasn't expired, it just extends the expiry date by the added duration. You don't lose anything, so you don't have to wait until current one expires before buying again, it can stack. So grab them when there is a good sale.
ohh... I didn't know this. If I'm not wrong about this, I remember last year black friday sale was $35 for 12 mths. Cheapest I've seen.

ya, if not urgent, I also suggest wait for any sale.....

Last edited by dagobah; 22-03-2020 at 11:44 AM..
dagobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 11:47 PM   #5244

Sorry in advance if this had been asked or discussed before.
I recently just bought a PS4 and seen like even a 500GB storage is not sufficient for me.

Read up and understood that can add in external HDD or SSD to increase the storage.
Is the above recommended or better to sell and get a 1TB version?
If getting HDD or SSD I was thinking of going for 5TB for HDD or 1TB/2TB for SSD. Which is more recommended and appreciate if can recommend the brand also.

Thanks in advance to any replies on the above.
hawkz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 12:42 AM   #5245
Master Member

Sorry in advance if this had been asked or discussed before.
I recently just bought a PS4 and seen like even a 500GB storage is not sufficient for me.

Read up and understood that can add in external HDD or SSD to increase the storage.
Is the above recommended or better to sell and get a 1TB version?
If getting HDD or SSD I was thinking of going for 5TB for HDD or 1TB/2TB for SSD. Which is more recommended and appreciate if can recommend the brand also.

Thanks in advance to any replies on the above.
I didn't check the pricing, so this is just theoretical... For me, in this situation I will go for 1TB SSD as internal storage (replacing original 500GB) plus 2TB (or more) HDD as external (buy a USB 3 HDD casing). You can move games between the two, so for games you are currently playing, move to internal SSD, for games you completed or put on hold, move to external HDD (can still play directly from external HDD, no noticeable diff from playing from internal HDD).
Old 23-03-2020, 07:08 AM   #5246

My ps4 broke while almost completing my persona 5. It suddenly power off as if there is a power trip. Unable to turn on again. Manage to turn on for 1 sec with a beep sound before turning off. Tried multiple times still doesnt work. Anyway, im using the OG ps4 till this day and finally it died on me. I was thinking of fixing it and if it fails i might get the pro. So far has anyone broke their ps4 and bought another one?
stormycloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 09:58 AM   #5247

How much to change the internal and any risk?
Recommendation?

Mostly will be getting a HDD just want to know the pro and con. 5tb and 2tb different is not a lot. Within $50buck diff only.

I didn't check the pricing, so this is just theoretical... For me, in this situation I will go for 1TB SSD as internal storage (replacing original 500GB) plus 2TB (or more) HDD as external (buy a USB 3 HDD casing). You can move games between the two, so for games you are currently playing, move to internal SSD, for games you completed or put on hold, move to external HDD (can still play directly from external HDD, no noticeable diff from playing from internal HDD).
Old 23-03-2020, 11:21 AM   #5248
Master Member

How much to change the internal and any risk?
Recommendation?

Mostly will be getting a HDD just want to know the pro and con. 5tb and 2tb different is not a lot. Within $50buck diff only.
If you doing it for capacity rather than for performance reason, then just get 5TB if the price is ok. Changing the internal HDD is free, you can easily do it yourself, it does not void warranty.

Replacing Internal Hard Drive on PS4: https://support.playstation.com/s/ar...language=en_US

If you don't want to change the internal (keeping the 500GB), then get the 5TB and use as external (buy a USB 3.0 HDD casing).

Using extended storage: https://manuals.playstation.net/docu...edstorage.html
Old 23-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #5249

This is great info.
Thanks

If you doing it for capacity rather than for performance reason, then just get 5TB if the price is ok. Changing the internal HDD is free, you can easily do it yourself, it does not void warranty.

Replacing Internal Hard Drive on PS4: https://support.playstation.com/s/ar...language=en_US

If you don't want to change the internal (keeping the 500GB), then get the 5TB and use as external (buy a USB 3.0 HDD casing).

Using extended storage: https://manuals.playstation.net/docu...edstorage.html
Old 23-03-2020, 07:21 PM   #5250

Anyone know any store selling persona 5 royal early? Singapore got an early release for persona 5 3 years ago. Hoping the same would happen for royal
MilgaussSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.