HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree250Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2018, 12:45 PM   #541
Master Member

Anyone know what are in the part II sale in psn sg? Any special discount as compare as part I?
See this thread:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/co...s-5349752.html
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 02:07 PM   #542
Master Member

Hey guys

Just to confirm. Local psn online cant buy overcooked right? I need to make a us acct
likehotbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 02:10 PM   #543
Master Member

Personally, after watching some videos, I don't like the combat's cool down system. After swinging your sword, you have to wait for a cool down before doing it again, otherwise you are not dealing much damage. You have to watch a meter at the bottom of the screen to go from 0% to 100%. Such UI design is just plain stupid, as you have to be watching two places at the same time (I don't care if the original game is like that too). They could have made it easier by having some visual cue on your sword itself, either putting a meter above your char, or making the sword glow when ready (or an audio cue, or vibrate the controller, though I can't determine if it does vibrate from watching video). I am not sure you can go by mentally establishing a swing, pause, swing, pause timing rhythm.

Also there is zero lip sync. Most characters don't even open their mouths when talking. On the positive side, there is local co-op (though not from the very beginning, you have to gather some party members first).

Like the IGN review says, the remake is "half way there". It's certainly not up to the remake standard of Shadow of the Colossus or Ratchet and Clank. At us$40, it's a 'wait for sale' to me.
Old 15-02-2018, 02:25 PM   #544
Master Member

Hey guys

Just to confirm. Local psn online cant buy overcooked right? I need to make a us acct
Yep, SG/Asia psn store doesn't have Overcooked. In fact it doesn't have most indie games.

You can get it from NA or EU psn stores. This game is on sale frequently but currently it's not discounted. If you want to play it over CNY and can't wait for sale, then make a US account, buy US psn card (from sites like Amazon or pcgamesupply, which deliver the code digitally instantly), then buy the game.

Alternatively you can create Canada account, get psn card from pcgamesupply, and buy from Canada psn store instead of US (Canada store is basically same as US store, both are North America region, just that prices are in their respective currency). This game (and many others) is cheaper on Canada store. The base game is USD 16.99 and also CAD 16.99 (but CAD is lower than USD when you do currency exchange back to SGD). The game has 2 DLC expansions, 1 of them is free, the other is USD 4.99/CAD 6.99.

See the sticky thread on how to create US or Canada account. See the first 2 posts in the Game Deal thread on how to buy the psn top-up cards.
Old 15-02-2018, 02:59 PM   #545

Overcooked isn't available on PSN Singapore, but it is available on disk in Singapore. I've seen it before in PlayE
SiaoAngMoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 03:09 PM   #546

https://asia.playstation.com/en-sg/support/contact-us/
(hmm, AMK, I thot it's at Eunos, changed already? better call first)

Someone here mentioned that they will wipe your hdd, regardless of the problem. You might want to remove the hdd yourself first and keep that, tell them you have taken it out, see what they say. Technically speaking, unless they replace the motherboard, the old hdd (and data) should still work after repair.
Ah thanks man. Been trying to get through to the official place but they’re always busy. Any idea if the warranty is still valid if I don’t have the invoice of payment? Kind of threw it away.
Rightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 04:02 PM   #547

Secret of mana is an epic game for olden days.

Its an action rpg that can 3ppl coop same time to kill difficult boss and explore.

But with the game technology and graphic today this game will pale in comparison .

Also nowadays at our age we wont really go friends place just to play game. Worse still long action rpg game. It not quite possible.
shin7829 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 05:41 PM   #548
Master Member

Yep, SG/Asia psn store doesn't have Overcooked. In fact it doesn't have most indie games.

You can get it from NA or EU psn stores. This game is on sale frequently but currently it's not discounted. If you want to play it over CNY and can't wait for sale, then make a US account, buy US psn card (from sites like Amazon or pcgamesupply, which deliver the code digitally instantly), then buy the game.

Alternatively you can create Canada account, get psn card from pcgamesupply, and buy from Canada psn store instead of US (Canada store is basically same as US store, both are North America region, just that prices are in their respective currency). This game (and many others) is cheaper on Canada store. The base game is USD 16.99 and also CAD 16.99 (but CAD is lower than USD when you do currency exchange back to SGD). The game has 2 DLC expansions, 1 of them is free, the other is USD 4.99/CAD 6.99.

See the sticky thread on how to create US or Canada account. See the first 2 posts in the Game Deal thread on how to buy the psn top-up cards.
MANY THANKS!!!
Old 15-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #549
Master Member

Overcooked isn't available on PSN Singapore, but it is available on disk in Singapore. I've seen it before in PlayE
Yea I’ve seen the intl hardcopy locally but online is cheaper even before discounts and I generally pref digital copies
Old 15-02-2018, 06:22 PM   #550

Can check is controller under warranty with the set? As my controller is behaving strangely, tried doing a reset but the problem still persist.
Wenbin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #551
Master Member

Can check is controller under warranty with the set? As my controller is behaving strangely, tried doing a reset but the problem still persist.
From my understanding with PS CSO when I called them, it has 12 months Warranty.
frizee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 08:34 PM   #552
Master Member

LOL DW9 review in Cantonese (Chinese sub):
Old 15-02-2018, 10:18 PM   #553

Millions of ppl play fps/tps on consoles using controller, even at professional level. Don't worry, just take the leap, you will get used to it quickly. Often games have some form of aim assist that will help controller users (of cos it's not going to be auto-aiming).

The Wolfenstein 2 demo/trial is still available:
https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/...IADEMO00000000

You can also try the demos for Titanfall 2, Destiny 2, Ghost Recon Wildlands (this one is third person, I actually love this game but ppl find it repetitive). There's also a free weekend for Overwatch Feb 16-19 (this one also third pers).
thanks much! easier to take the leap when its a free demo. happy cny to you! long weekend of gaming for me.
Jordan Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 12:20 PM   #554

If u are looking for a good sequel (helicopter appears) fu fu fu fu fu fu fu fu .....ck ..... Lmao
shin7829 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #555

Any good deals to trade in ps4 for ps4 pro? Considering upgrading....
xolatw is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.