HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree515Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2020, 10:20 PM   #5881
Supremacy Member

Yes, you need BT USB dongle. Creative have.
https://sg.creative.com/p/accessorie...sb-transceiver
https://sg.creative.com/p/accessories/creative-bt-w3

Or you can buy those cheap ones from online shopping sites.
https://shopee.sg/Wireless-Mini-Blue...335.5401521468
anyone got a discount code for this?
thinking of getting the BT-W3 for its aptx-HD to use with my Sony XM3 headphones.

on a side note, anyone using the PlayStation Platinum Headset? does the 3D Audio really make a difference?
wilflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 10:34 PM   #5882
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone got a discount code for this?
thinking of getting the BT-W3 for its aptx-HD to use with my Sony XM3 headphones.

on a side note, anyone using the PlayStation Platinum Headset? does the 3D Audio really make a difference?
I did plan on buying the Sony headphones for PC and console gaming but decided that the premium doesn't justify the sound or build quality.
wilflare likes this.
justln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2020, 10:47 PM   #5883
Supremacy Member

I did plan on buying the Sony headphones for PC and console gaming but decided that the premium doesn't justify the sound or build quality.
same hesitation here. really just want it for the 3D Audio... maybe I'll wait for the new PS5 one... and hope it's backward compatiable.
wilflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 12:00 AM   #5884
Great Supremacy Member

the last of us 2 selling like hot cakes. tiagong pwn uncharted 4 gao gao. bad news for fans.
wadsad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 12:08 AM   #5885
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ys IX: Monstrum Nox is Coming West in 2021

Damn slow sia.
Old 24-06-2020, 12:59 AM   #5886
Master Member

the last of us 2 selling like hot cakes. tiagong pwn uncharted 4 gao gao. bad news for fans.
I dont get why e hate for this game. Currently i am 3/4 through e game. My current impression is yes alot of story choices are not to my liking. Abby is extremely unlikeable as a character be it design or e things she do. Ellie and Dina in my opinion has no or little chemistry.

My point is at end of the day. U also cant deny that this is a very good game with high production value and the attention to detail (graphically) is amazing. Gameplay wise its similar to the 1st with bigger level design and minor improvements here and there. So if u enjoy e gameplay of e 1st one u probably will enjoy this one as well.

I dun think its fair to say tat this is a bad game. At least i am enjoying it. Storywise there are parts i do not agree with but there are still parts that r quite touching. If i were to give a score now i will prob grade it 7/10. Ppl that say this game is garbage really only doing it out of spite.
Milich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 01:02 AM   #5887

Sales will drop off in the months ahead, I predict its life time sales will be far lower than tlou1, despite it costing a lot more to make.
3dfxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 01:07 AM   #5888

I dont get why e hate for this game. Currently i am 3/4 through e game. My current impression is yes alot of story choices are not to my liking. Abby is extremely unlikeable as a character be it design or e things she do. Ellie and Dina in my opinion has no or little chemistry.

My point is at end of the day. U also cant deny that this is a very good game with high production value and the attention to detail (graphically) is amazing. Gameplay wise its similar to the 1st with bigger level design and minor improvements here and there. So if u enjoy e gameplay of e 1st one u probably will enjoy this one as well.

I dun think its fair to say tat this is a bad game. At least i am enjoying it. Storywise there are parts i do not agree with but there are still parts that r quite touching. If i were to give a score now i will prob grade it 7/10. Ppl that say this game is garbage really only doing it out of spite.
The narrative is everything for a game like tlou, this isnt COD or BF, the game didnt even ship with factions anyway (which was surprisingly popular).
3dfxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 02:18 AM   #5889
Arch-Supremacy Member

Someone that I know replied when asked about TLOU2:
  • I'm torturing myself through it. Think i'm finished around tomorrow, i'll let you know my opinion.
  • Though unless the end redeems the current **** that has happened it's an absolute dumpsterfire
  • Best to watch a game movie on YT then. Gameplay is pretty trashy
  • Yeah. To make it as spoiler free as possible: everyone's a cardboard and old characters suddenly changed their whole personality

https://www.change.org/p/sony-remake...-of-us-part-ii
Spoiler!

Hate is probably because the first game was a masterpiece and this game isn't. Putting makeup on a pig just makes it a good looking pig, it's still a pig underneath.

You enjoy the game you happy can already, doesn't give you the right to deny other people's opinion. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and it smells like shiat.

Last edited by justln; 24-06-2020 at 02:25 AM..
Old 24-06-2020, 02:50 AM   #5890
Master Member

Hi galliano,

If your TV supports Bluetooth devices connection, you can try to pair it with your TWE (or any other BT-enabled ear/headphone) & then you'll be able to hear PS4 audio.

Of course, your PS4 audio output must be connected to the TV via HDMI or Composite Audio / RCA cable for the above to work...

If AVR is involved, it should still work, provided the AVR is configured to pass-through audio to the TV...

HTH.
Thanks mate. Did not think bout using BT direct from TV. Thatís a good point.
Well, Iím using a trusty 7yr old 55í LG FHD. No BT for sure.
wilflare likes this.
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 02:55 AM   #5891
Master Member

Honestly Iím at limbo/dilemma stage. My PS4 (already 6yrs, fat 500Gb) has started to occasionally go into Ďrest my mode on its own. Especially during my COD warfare sessions.

Pondering to wait for PS5 or simply get a used PS4 Pro.

Very surprised my PS4 could have lasted me so long already. I recall I changed PS3 twice.
wilflare likes this.
galliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 03:26 AM   #5892

err i find this game way more enjoyable to play compared to the first. the gameplay mechanics and level design blows the first one out of the water. this is the 2nd best playing 3rd person shooter this gen behind mgs5. in fact, i tried playing the first one again and honestly it was quite hard to continue. not to mention the audio work and incredible visuals really adds to the atmosphere and immersion. try play with headphones on.

The narrative is everything for a game like tlou, this isnt COD or BF, the game didnt even ship with factions anyway (which was surprisingly popular).
ill disagree here. at the end of a day, it's still a videogame. a game with poor narrative can be salvaged with good gameplay but a game with poor gameplay cannot be salvaged with good narrative. which is why i dropped red dead redemption 2. that game couldn't even get something as basic as controls right. and the gameplay was horseshit. same deal with witcher 3.
google69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 03:31 AM   #5893
Greater Supremacy Member

err i find this game way more enjoyable to play compared to the first. the gameplay mechanics and level design blows the first one out of the water. this is the 2nd best playing 3rd person shooter this gen behind mgs5. in fact, i tried playing the first one again and honestly it was quite hard to continue. not to mention the audio work and incredible visuals really adds to the atmosphere and immersion. try play with headphones on.

ill disagree here. at the end of a day, it's still a videogame. a game with poor narrative can be salvaged with good gameplay but a game with poor gameplay cannot be salvaged with good narrative. which is why i dropped red dead redemption 2. that game couldn't even get something as basic as controls right. and the gameplay was horseshit. same deal with witcher 3.
there are people who will argue with Detroit become human.

Witcher 3 gameplay was horseshit ? which part ?

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2020, 03:35 AM   #5894
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm on the opposite camp, a game can have normal/bad gameplay but a good/great narrative wins over everything. Spec Ops: The Line, One Shot, Undertale, Children of Morta. These are games I've come up when I think about strong narrative because they left a huge impact on me with their great stories.

Witcher 3 had everything so not sure how the gameplay was horseshit.
Soulhacker likes this.
Old 24-06-2020, 03:36 AM   #5895

there are people who will argue with Detroit become human.

Witcher 3 gameplay was horseshit ? which part ?
the combat for sure. and the quest design. and the controls too. this game at launch had control issues. but luckily CDPR acknowledge the issue and released a patch to "fix" the controls. but tbh, it's still not really ideal but way better than it was before...
google69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.