HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree506Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2020, 09:41 AM   #6346
Arch-Supremacy Member

btw who bought mortal shell aka copycat of dark souls? is the game nice?
Old 19-08-2020, 11:59 AM   #6347

Interested but I think I'll hold first. It's a smaller scale "souls"......I watched the Gamespot review - reviewer mentioned the player can repeatedly use "Hardening" to block off attacks, which makes it like a standard strategy for most fights, thus making fights less varied. something like that. Digital only (SGD $41.90) - fair enough, since not really a long game.
mliolukiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 05:06 PM   #6348
Greater Supremacy Member

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2020, 08:43 PM   #6349
Arch-Supremacy Member

Interested but I think I'll hold first. It's a smaller scale "souls"......I watched the Gamespot review - reviewer mentioned the player can repeatedly use "Hardening" to block off attacks, which makes it like a standard strategy for most fights, thus making fights less varied. something like that. Digital only (SGD $41.90) - fair enough, since not really a long game.
found out the game is super short. its less than 3 hours. even shorter than call of duty single player campaign. there are only 4 weapons and 1 bazooka. shall skip this.
Old 19-08-2020, 08:49 PM   #6350
Arch-Supremacy Member

found out the game is super short. its less than 3 hours. even shorter than call of duty single player campaign. there are only 4 weapons and 1 bazooka. shall skip this.
Reviews and players all say 10 to 15 hours, where did you see the 3 hours, howlongtobeat?
justln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 01:02 AM   #6351
Arch-Supremacy Member

Reviews and players all say 10 to 15 hours, where did you see the 3 hours, howlongtobeat?
yup howlongtobeat.
Old 20-08-2020, 01:09 AM   #6352
Arch-Supremacy Member

yup howlongtobeat.
Howlongtobeat is user submissions, need a lot of users post their completion timing or else a single post is just random data, 3 hours is highly unlikely.
Reddit got 1 guy said he completed in 11 hours as an experienced Dark Souls player, his friend 17 hours still 2 bosses away from end.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalShell...m_medium=web2x

TL;DR:

11 hours for 100% if you are like me and played a ****-ton of Souls-like titles.

25 hours for 100% if you are relatively experienced with the Souls-like genre.

45 hours for 100% if you are barely experienced or inexperienced with the genre.
Old 20-08-2020, 02:20 AM   #6353
Arch-Supremacy Member

Howlongtobeat is user submissions, need a lot of users post their completion timing or else a single post is just random data, 3 hours is highly unlikely.
Reddit got 1 guy said he completed in 11 hours as an experienced Dark Souls player, his friend 17 hours still 2 bosses away from end.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalShell...m_medium=web2x

TL;DR:

11 hours for 100% if you are like me and played a ****-ton of Souls-like titles.

25 hours for 100% if you are relatively experienced with the Souls-like genre.

45 hours for 100% if you are barely experienced or inexperienced with the genre.
think i will probably take 15 to 20 hours as long it is not like sekiro where you can only kill bosses with parry which need precise timing.
Old 20-08-2020, 10:26 AM   #6354

think i will probably take 15 to 20 hours as long it is not like sekiro where you can only kill bosses with parry which need precise timing.
I'll probably wait for some discount at the end of the year/xmas sale (hopefully). I've never played any "Souls" game before except Sekiro. So I'll take 20 to 30 hours ? Haha. Inexperienced me.
mliolukiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 10:46 AM   #6355
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'll probably wait for some discount at the end of the year/xmas sale (hopefully). I've never played any "Souls" game before except Sekiro. So I'll take 20 to 30 hours ? Haha. Inexperienced me.
you can start playing dark souls and bloodborne. pre-owned copy now is quite cheap.
Old 20-08-2020, 11:07 AM   #6356
Greater Supremacy Member

Just saw a news that the supposed Sony praystation exclusive spiderman for Marvel avenger will only be available as prayable character 6 months after the game official release.

Seem kind of an usual move, wonder what is the reason for the delay. Maybe ish Square-Enxi reacting to fansee backlash so trying to make the initial launch to be more 'fair' across the other platforms?

But now, they'll only do it for money.
Soulhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 03:19 PM   #6357
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks damn good for a China game but probably downgraded graphics when released cause it looks too good.
Old 20-08-2020, 04:32 PM   #6358
Greater Supremacy Member

Looks damn good for a China game but probably downgraded graphics when released cause it looks too good.
wait for ps5 version.

Old 20-08-2020, 04:38 PM   #6359
Greater Supremacy Member

Just saw a news that the supposed Sony praystation exclusive spiderman for Marvel avenger will only be available as prayable character 6 months after the game official release.

Seem kind of an usual move, wonder what is the reason for the delay. Maybe ish Square-Enxi reacting to fansee backlash so trying to make the initial launch to be more 'fair' across the other platforms?
at this point i really don't care about exclusive or not.

after playing the beta, the fire in me has been extinguished.
Soulhacker likes this.

Old 20-08-2020, 05:07 PM   #6360
Master Member

at this point i really don't care about exclusive or not.

after playing the beta, the fire in me has been extinguished.
You cancelling your PO?

I won't be surprised if the PS4 exclusive Spider-man in Marvel Avengers is just a re-skin of Black Widow. Black Widow can traverse by grappling hook (there is a skill to extend the reach of the hook), pretty much how Spider-man traverses. You still need to shoot at edges of platforms, unless Spider-man can shoot into the sky and attach to clouds, no real difference there. Ms Marvel traverses similarly too, though she just extends her arm instead of grappling hook.

Black Widow's range attack is firing pistol, single or dual wield, Spider-man shoots web, doing the same. One of her pistol will stagger enemy, Spidey web can probably have the same stopping effect (being sticky and such). And her melee attack is basically martial arts, Spidey can do the same too.

All characters have Assassin's eagle vision / Batman's detective vision radar thing, so Spider-man's spider sense is already available to all. Unless they make it a passive skill that will always alert him, slow down time or something to let him do something unique, nothing new here.

So, just a reskin, but opportunity to sell you more costumes through microtransactions.
Soulhacker likes this.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.