HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree286Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2018, 05:32 PM   #751

Anyone experience the loading screen hang after killing harvey?

the whole game is only abt 6 to 8 hours long.
DamienK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 05:45 PM   #752
Greater Supremacy Member

More interesting than I expected. I played the demo until fell asleep, lol (too much text to read). These HK guys did a great job explaining the system bit by bit as they go. Commentary in Cantonese.

tempting to get too but gameplay is quite time consuming

quite alot of games to buy recently but not much vitamin M

Old 25-03-2018, 07:45 PM   #753

NNK2 too easy liao, people cheating on PC to make it harder. It's ridiculous when I can kill a boss in less than 1 min.
Yeah its somewhat too easy.. but still fun leh
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 09:24 AM   #754
Master Member

Hope they fix all the previous stuff

WIZ*ONE and UJUNG
Trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #755
Master Member

Ni no kuni 2 is naaaiiise~~
Having a lot of fun playing it nonstop, but to be honest, just like the first game, it falls under the like it (a lot) but don't love it category. Since I recently completed Dragon Quest XI, can't help drawing comparison and NNK2 doesn't quite measure up.

Just to list a few things I do no like in NNK2:

- My very first impression was terrible motion-sickness inducing camera. You can manually move the camera, but the moment you start walking, it will swing back to eye level, so it's constantly bobbing up and down as I struggle with it. Luckily there is an option to turn off the auto leveling.

- Too many encounters. Each combat is too short (and easy), so it's constantly looking at the loading of combat and exiting from it. Also, upon victory, I will want to walk around (while still in the combat scene) to pick up loots but the char will pause to pose, this disrupts my flow and is very irritating. I know I can still pick them up after returning to world map, but it's more efficient to do so instead of standing around listening to the victory music. For that matter, why don't I just get all combat loot drops handed to me automatically anyway.

- The chibi world map. It's basically a zoom out view where everything is miniaturised. And worst is that when you first visit a location, it's considered a dungeon, so you see it in full size view, then after that it becomes mini size. Why not just have the open world world map in full size (enlarge the mini map if necessary).

- Options button to bring up map instead of the big touch pad. (And pressing options again doesn't close the map, it brings up another layer of menu. This is the most irritating thing that I keep pressing wrongly.) And the touch pad is instead used to bring up the options, stats and everything else menu (in other words, the option menu). And why is jump mapped to the O button? X button is to direct the higgledies (which is only used in combat, where you also need to jump anyway). There are 2 mapping schemes, both have O for jump.

- There are only a handful of higgledies. Yes, they say there's a hundred, but there are just of handful of these Pikmin species, each type you get some specific 'heroes' with names and slightly different spells. If you count those, about 100, but they are just very small variations of the same design. This is far far from the Pokemon collecting in the first game. And honestly they have no personality. There are 100 but you pick 4 in combat, and they are so tiny, and combat is over under a minute, how to actually know them and care about them.

- Skirmishes. Just don't like it at all. It plays like a bad version of Overlord. Totally takes me out of the flow of the game. The game also has issue with difficulty flow. I am skirmish level 5, why is the game showing me skirmishes that are level 25 (in side quests and also placed on the world map, just outside my door)? And there is no indication on the world map which skirmishes I have already done and which are new.

- Surprisingly I do like the kingdom building part. But it's kinda too slow, the bottle neck is usually finding people to join your kingdom. This forces you to take on all side quests immediately cos the people are mostly from side quests. I do do all side quests in RPGs anyway, but don't like that it dictates how you play. In kingdom building mode, cannot go look at a citizen, see what he/she is good at, and assign a facility. Have to goo look at a facility, then assign a citizen. This is very inefficient when I just recruited a bunch of new citizens and want to put them to work.

- Way way way too many side quests. Apart from regular side quests, there's also someone representing a company that will give you hundreds of fetch quests (bring x number of y material). After you clear a town of quests, move the story to the next town, come back immediately and there are more side quests added. I find myself just skipping all the text and not caring about the story of each side quest, there will be clear pointers telling me where to go anyway.

I still like it and keep wanting to play more, but it really isn't the masterpiece I wished for (again, basically how I felt about the first game).

Last edited by PierceLee; 26-03-2018 at 09:39 AM..
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #756
Master Member

ACG:

IGN:
Old 26-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #757

ACG:

IGN:
Hi piercelee,

I don't usually comment, but would like you to know that I stalk your replies quite often. You always provide valuable feedback.

I was thinking of purchasing shadow of war recently, do you think it is worth buying? Personally I enjoy games like nnk2, Dragon quest heroes 2, and co op games like overcooked. Any other games for recommendation? Thank you and appreciate it! =)
hhl1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 08:26 AM   #758
Supremacy Member

Hi all,

So cheap?!

https://m.qoo10.sg/item/PS4-STREET-F...TION/585246260

Region all?!
lmf2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 09:31 AM   #759

Hi all,

So cheap?!

Region all?!
Ask the seller man..
Old 27-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #760
Master Member

I was thinking of purchasing shadow of war recently, do you think it is worth buying? Personally I enjoy games like nnk2, Dragon quest heroes 2, and co op games like overcooked. Any other games for recommendation? Thank you and appreciate it! =)
Thanks for the kind words. Not sure whether to recommend Shadow of War though, as I haven't played it. From the reviews and videos I saw, it looks to be more of the same of the first game, Shadow of Mordor. Can try the first game first, it's often on sale, like us$5 for the complete edition iirc. Personally I don't like Batman Arkham series type of combat, so I didn't go far in the first game. And I hate the idea of the microtransactions/loot boxes in Shadow of War, though it mostly affects post-game.

Other games to recommend... since I am playing nnk2, first games that come to mind are Dragon Quest XI (out in Chinese version now, English coming this year but no date) and World of Final Fantasy (both are turn-base though, can feel slow if you prefer action rpg combat). Or try the "Tales of" series if you want something closer to nnk2. I haven't tried any of the ps4 tales games, can't remember reviews say which is good.
Old 27-03-2018, 01:53 PM   #761

Hi all,

So cheap?!

Region all?!
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/e...w-5786982.html

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Spectre007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #762

Rumor:
PlayStation 5 dev kits released earlier this year for 3rd party developers

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Sellars/s...01715297722368
Old 28-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #763
Master Member

https://kotaku.com/playstation-vr-bu...ium=Socialflow

nv put asia.....zzz

WIZ*ONE and UJUNG
Trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 09:34 PM   #764

Anyone plays nnk2? Can anyone teach me what is the blue colored balls thing at the top left hand corner of the screen (during battle)

The balls will slowly decrease during battle, what does it mean?

Thank you piercelee for the information by the way!
hhl1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 09:55 PM   #765

DQ XI with english voiceover
stiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.