HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2018, 12:54 PM   #1096
Master Member

Thanks for the reply. Get used to playing White Knight Chronicles PS3 with the armour changes, so feels like a bit backwards playing this game without the visual changes. Weird that they show the character and allow you to change view angle etc and yet most of the clothings no graphics.

Also no voice at all! Even though had played DQVII and DQVIII on previous systems, still cannot get used to it.
There are too many armor pieces in DQ11 and a lot of them just don't make sense when worn together. If they show visually then there will be lots of clipping (sword passing through cape, boots passing through robe, that sort of thing). And they will have to make male/female, fat/thin, kid version of each piece, too complicated liao. It's better that they just have a few sets and make sure those work than trying to cater to all combinations, after all DQ doesn't really do paper doll system. The recent Ni no Kuni 2 works the same way too, but with far less sets (their sets are completely independent of what pieces you equip.)

As for voice, ya, a bit disappointing. Though traditionally DQ series never had voice, but the 2 DQ Warriors game added voice for the first time. Their explanation is that they were still changing the script till the very end, so didn't have time to record and re-record voices. I guess it's better to have no voice than have partial voice, like for each dialog only the first sentence is spoken or just a generic phrase not even in the dialog box, as seen in Ni no Kuni 2. The upcoming English release of DQ11 will have English voice though (I never choose English VO in JRPG unless bo bian, so I don't care for that).
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #1097

anyone know wheres the cheapest place to get a ps4 currently?
go check and compare under lazada and shopee. there's promo code to have further discount as well
Elysium87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 07:19 AM   #1098

There are too many armor pieces in DQ11 and a lot of them just don't make sense when worn together. If they show visually then there will be lots of clipping (sword passing through cape, boots passing through robe, that sort of thing). And they will have to make male/female, fat/thin, kid version of each piece, too complicated liao. It's better that they just have a few sets and make sure those work than trying to cater to all combinations, after all DQ doesn't really do paper doll system. The recent Ni no Kuni 2 works the same way too, but with far less sets (their sets are completely independent of what pieces you equip.)

As for voice, ya, a bit disappointing. Though traditionally DQ series never had voice, but the 2 DQ Warriors game added voice for the first time. Their explanation is that they were still changing the script till the very end, so didn't have time to record and re-record voices. I guess it's better to have no voice than have partial voice, like for each dialog only the first sentence is spoken or just a generic phrase not even in the dialog box, as seen in Ni no Kuni 2. The upcoming English release of DQ11 will have English voice though (I never choose English VO in JRPG unless bo bian, so I don't care for that).
Lol
I dont know what purpose it serve to just add a groan,shout,funny one word thingy in most of their normal dialogue.might as well mute those normal dialogue.

It can be annoying whenever u talk to some and they go arghhh shaaaaaa ooooohhh whatever lol
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #1099

Kingdom Hearts III hands-on impressions coming May 18

We may get to see some gameplay videos, plus possibly a tentative release date.

https://gematsu.com/2018/05/kingdom-...-coming-may-18
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #1100

anyone know wheres the cheapest place to get a ps4 currently?

Buy from me la.. it is BNIB $540.. i already got 1 PS4 and don't need the pro version anyway..
Old 16-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #1101
Master Member

Sony Ends Production Of Physical Vita Games
https://kotaku.com/sony-ends-product...mes-1826060406

Sony is ending physical production of Vita games, Kotaku has learned. Although the hardware manufacturer says digital distribution will continue, this move will mark the end of physical cards for the maligned portable game system.

Sony’s American and European branches “plan to end all Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018,” the company told developers today in a message obtained by Kotaku. The message asks that all Vita product code requests be submitted by June 28, 2018, and that final purchase orders be entered by February 15, 2019. Sony’s 2018 fiscal year will end on March 31, 2019.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #1102

Sony Ends Production Of Physical Vita Games
https://kotaku.com/sony-ends-product...mes-1826060406

Sony is ending physical production of Vita games, Kotaku has learned. Although the hardware manufacturer says digital distribution will continue, this move will mark the end of physical cards for the maligned portable game system.

Sony’s American and European branches “plan to end all Vita GameCard production by close of fiscal year 2018,” the company told developers today in a message obtained by Kotaku. The message asks that all Vita product code requests be submitted by June 28, 2018, and that final purchase orders be entered by February 15, 2019. Sony’s 2018 fiscal year will end on March 31, 2019.
Quite sad to hear ... think it will be better for them to concentrate on their console too ... guess they lose to Nintendo switch hands down this time.
Despacito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 06:03 PM   #1103
Master Member

Just got the PS4 pro. It is slightly louder than expected when playing God of War (yes I'm slow).

Anybody got suggestions besides air con room? I saw some YouTube video on changing the thermal paste but I don't want to void warranty. Currently thinking about getting usb fans and blowing at the intake vents but not sure of effectiveness.
taker42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #1104
Greater Supremacy Member

another one bites the dust.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #1105
Greater Supremacy Member

*Promotion valid while stocks last and cannot be used with other promotions!*
*For Free Items, lowest value item will be Free*
*CASH payment only*

PS4 Brand New Games and Accessories: 20% off Listed Price!
Nintendo Switch Brand New Games and Accessories: 20% off Listed Price!
PS4 Preowned Games: Buy 2 Get 1 Free!
Xbox360 and Xbox One Games: Buy 1 Get 1 Free!
PS Vita and 3DS Games: Buy 1 Get 1 Free!

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 06:45 PM   #1106
Arch-Supremacy Member

another one bites the dust.
my guess is they want to devote more time to family.
Old 16-05-2018, 08:28 PM   #1107

Anyone can direct me to where they list and sell pre owned ps4 game?
topman8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 10:12 PM   #1108

Just got the PS4 pro. It is slightly louder than expected when playing God of War (yes I'm slow).

Anybody got suggestions besides air con room? I saw some YouTube video on changing the thermal paste but I don't want to void warranty. Currently thinking about getting usb fans and blowing at the intake vents but not sure of effectiveness.
Is it loud during gameplay or only on the menus?
SiaoAngMoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 10:20 PM   #1109

wa so many closed shop

i guess everyone will just buy and sell online in the end
little_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 11:20 PM   #1110

wa so many closed shop

i guess everyone will just buy and sell online in the end
online is much cheaper than selling in shop now. games in shop usually are expensive. even qisahn items are getting more exp. i know one or two shops that sells much cheaper.
Elysium87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.