HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 4 PS4 club - Part 3

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2018, 09:30 PM   #1381
Master Member

Thanks Pierce!

I checked it out, both $20 & $50 have activation fees. Only $10 and $100 without.

So yah, I bought $10 x 2 to try it out.

Thanks guys for help. Gonna buy GTA III, Vice City and San Andres package for $17.xx Been playing those games in PS2, now dejavu again
Just a couple of tips:

1) Check the site psprice.com. They have pricing history, for each region, so you can see whether the game you want was cheaper before and whether it's discounted often.

Like for the GTA Trilogy:
https://psprices.com/region-us/game/...to-the-trilogy

2) Compare US price with Canada price. They are both in the Americas region, so they have the same games (with very few exceptions) and they run the same sales. But for many games, especially older ones, they are priced the same numerically but different currency. I mean like a game USD 10 on US store may be priced at CAD 10 on Canada store. But USD 10 = SGD 13.60, CAD 10 = SGD 10.35.

GTA Trilogy is one example, 20.99 on both US and Canada. So Canada is much cheaper. Obviously, you have to create Canada account and buy Canada psn card (lowest value is $20 though, no $10 card). The same pcgamesupply is a good source to buy Canada cards (I think they are located in Canada).

Of cos if you are US PS+ member and the game has additional PS+ discount, then it may be cheaper on US store, but still worth comparing. For example, GTA Trilogy (ps4) is USD 17.49 for US PS+ members, it is CAD 20.99 for Canada non-members. CAD 20.99 = USD 15.98, so Canada is still cheaper even if you are not Canada PS+ member.

3) Keep an eye on the Game Deal thread in this forum, where we discuss such stuff and highlight lobangs:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/c...s-5349752.html
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:38 PM   #1382

Cool tips!!! The master has spoken, thanks again

Just a couple of tips:

1) Check the site psprice.com. They have pricing history, for each region, so you can see whether the game you want was cheaper before and whether it's discounted often.

Like for the GTA Trilogy:
https://psprices.com/region-us/game/...to-the-trilogy

2) Compare US price with Canada price. They are both in the Americas region, so they have the same games (with very few exceptions) and they run the same sales. But for many games, especially older ones, they are priced the same numerically but different currency. I mean like a game USD 10 on US store may be priced at CAD 10 on Canada store. But USD 10 = SGD 13.60, CAD 10 = SGD 10.35.

GTA Trilogy is one example, 20.99 on both US and Canada. So Canada is much cheaper. Obviously, you have to create Canada account and buy Canada psn card (lowest value is $20 though, no $10 card). The same pcgamesupply is a good source to buy Canada cards (I think they are located in Canada).

Of cos if you are US PS+ member and the game has additional PS+ discount, then it may be cheaper on US store, but still worth comparing. For example, GTA Trilogy (ps4) is USD 17.49 for US PS+ members, it is CAD 20.99 for Canada non-members. CAD 20.99 = USD 15.98, so Canada is still cheaper even if you are not Canada PS+ member.

3) Keep an eye on the Game Deal thread in this forum, where we discuss such stuff and highlight lobangs:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/c...s-5349752.html
pilotwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:54 AM   #1383

hi guys, does anyone know where I can get the cheapest ps4 Pro console at? thanks!
ahri1233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:58 AM   #1384

hi guys, does anyone know where I can get the cheapest ps4 Pro console at? thanks!
https://shopee.sg/Playstation-4-PRO-...507.1285594493

Currently selling at $535. A few days ago it was selling at $517.
culepico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:18 AM   #1385
Master Member

Fortnite (and all of its microtransaction DLCs) has finally landed on Asia PSN store... after 1 full year!

https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/...IA000000000000

No idea about any region locks.
PierceLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #1386
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just bought Alienation, Deadnation, Darksiders remastered and Darksiders 2 from US PSN for $12USD
Great deals!

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT
EmPtYsOuLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #1387
Arch-Supremacy Member

guys got question regarding game purchase.

I wanted to pre-order fifa19 ultimate edition, but I'm sharing the game with my friend on same console. (different psn)

Currently I can share games cause I have physical copy of the disc.
If I purchase pre-order from Playstation store, can I share the game with my friend?
zercab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #1388

guys got question regarding game purchase.

I wanted to pre-order fifa19 ultimate edition, but I'm sharing the game with my friend on same console. (different psn)

Currently I can share games cause I have physical copy of the disc.
If I purchase pre-order from Playstation store, can I share the game with my friend?
Should be able to share if you use game share feature? http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation...ly_and_Friends
Old 13-07-2018, 02:55 PM   #1389
Arch-Supremacy Member

Should be able to share if you use game share feature? http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation...ly_and_Friends
cool thanks!
zercab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 05:08 PM   #1390

hello, briefly read through the discussions on the thread, but a bit too much info to sift through so just ask here ah.

daughter asked me to buy ps4 for her after her As, means arnd end of nov-dec time. she usually plays games like persona, life is strange, and say she's interested in the batman arkham series and gtav.

is it worth to get it now since i heard ps5 coming soon? and any chance got offer/sales later in the year when we purchase? abit worried she might not want to play after awhile also if they dont have games similar to what she likes to play cuz i heard ps4 for more hardcore gamers?
the3amrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 05:18 PM   #1391

Since when u heard ps5 is coming ? Other than a baseless sense of rumour?
U got source ?
shin7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #1392
Arch-Supremacy Member

hello, briefly read through the discussions on the thread, but a bit too much info to sift through so just ask here ah.

daughter asked me to buy ps4 for her after her As, means arnd end of nov-dec time. she usually plays games like persona, life is strange, and say she's interested in the batman arkham series and gtav.

is it worth to get it now since i heard ps5 coming soon? and any chance got offer/sales later in the year when we purchase? abit worried she might not want to play after awhile also if they dont have games similar to what she likes to play cuz i heard ps4 for more hardcore gamers?

Currently haven't heard of much rumors about ps5, I would suggest just buy ps4 and not think too much about that. I think you should consider more on getting ps4 slim or pro.

If she doesn't want it after awhile you can still sell it away.
rollbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 05:53 PM   #1393
Arch-Supremacy Member

The cycle never ends, wait for PS5, then PS6 comes out wait for that, then PS7 etc etc.

Just buy it now, there's a huge library of games ranging from casual to hardcore.

Switch might be a better choice, can take a look.
justln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #1394

it will be still at least 1 to 2 years minimum before ps5 is release. and never buy a console that is newly launch, wait till until they come out something like slim ps5 then you can buy. now is a good time to buy ps4 due to large game library. ps4 can be casual or hardcore depending on the games you buy. it's the same for xbox and switch
Elysium87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 09:31 PM   #1395

I have a different take.

Can consider borrowing from relatives/friends if it's going to be short term (and if they won't mind) - like playing just a few games she's interested during few months of holidays before uni. When in uni, I don't think she may have the time. I would say buy it if she's really going to be playing for a few years and beyond.

Don't waste money on impulse purchases.
mliolukiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.