HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 5

Like Tree533Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2020, 09:28 PM   #3451
Honorary Member

Feel like cancel my HN order. Basket.. Try my luck for Gaincity one.

Maybe just sell off HN at cost price.
Beta_Tester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 09:34 PM   #3452

Why is the PS5 limited to 32gb bandwidth? Shouldnt it be 40gb? 32gb means PS5 is incapable of 4k/120 at 4:4:4.
Firmware. The HDMI 2.1 spec was only officially finished recently. This will be increased as the system is capable of more in order to support 8k output. VRR is coming, I suspect along with 4:4:4 on 4k/120.
SiaoAngMoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 10:10 PM   #3453

Bandai Metal build series, most of the stocks are really limited. Worse if its under Premium Bandai. Their website always crash and in less than a min, Out Of stock Then u see tons of post in Carousell.

be it collection or not, so long thereís a limited stocks...u will see scalpers trying to get hold of it.

take Apple iPhone for EG. Compare to previous, scalpers canít flip much now. Even PS5 can fetch more than iPhone now!

Scalpers will always target products that has limited stocks. Who would want to get product that has ample stocks and still expect to fetch high price.

Scalpers are everywhere When company limiting/not able to produce the quantity, there will always a demand. So those who really wanted the product badly, they are willing to pay.
Yeah. Scalpers are here to stay as long company donít produce enough to meet demand and hence haters for scalpers.

Last edited by Ayame; 21-11-2020 at 10:14 PM..
Ayame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 11:15 PM   #3454

Feel like cancel my HN order. Basket.. Try my luck for Gaincity one.

Maybe just sell off HN at cost price.
Whats wrong with HN?
nathanaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 11:29 PM   #3455

Why is the PS5 limited to 32gb bandwidth? Shouldnt it be 40gb? 32gb means PS5 is incapable of 4k/120 at 4:4:4.
Correct, as of the current firmware, not a hardware issue, the PS5 is incapable of outputting at 4K 120Hz 10-12bit 4:4:4.
To get 12-bit at 4:4:4, the bandwidth will be 48Gbps. So 12Gbps per lane. FRL 6 (FRL = Fixed Rate Link)
To get 10-bit 4:4:4. the bandwidth will be 40Gbps. So 10Gbps per lane. FRL 5.
To get 12-bit 4:2:2 which the PS5 does, the bandwidth will be 32Gbps. So 8Gbps per lane. FRL 4.
However, since the PS5 is using the limited version of the HDMI 2.1 chip which is limited to 40Gbps, the PS5 will need to change from outputting at 12-bit to 10-bit if they want to get 4:4:4 chroma. So 4K 120Hz 10-bit 4:4:4.

In the process of building a next gen console with next gen HDMI 2.1, there was no certified by HDMI forum cables around. As you can see, a lot of those cables were some weird China named cables which proclaim that it is able to do the full 48Gbps. But without any HDMI 2.1 device to test it out with, nobody can verify that.
HDMI 2.1 was completed as early as back in 2018 as well. It's just that, it takes a while for companies to actually adopt new tech since HDMI 2.1 is a way bigger upgrade than say HDMI 1.4 to HDMI 2.0. The bandwidth jump is massive. And along with it, a lot of new features too like ALLM, VRR, eARC.
Some of these HDMI 2.1 features were then backported to HDMI 2.0b devices as long as the cables have with Ethernet on it where they can leverage those HDMI 2.1 features.

Currently, to prevent customer complains when they can't get HDMI 2.1 working properly like with a poor quality HDMI 2.1 cable, and with the cables that they use not being certified by HDMI Forum since it is still too new, Sony has no choice but to limit the bandwitdh to just 32Gbps until they are sure things can work out well before enabling the full bandwidth along with enabling other features such as VRR and ALLM which is built into HDMI 2.1 as a normal feature.

Xbox took a different approach with instead, giving you a Video Output information that shares a lot about what your cable or TV can and cannot do. That is a better approach in allowing customers to see if they need to upgrade their cable or TV to get the full HDMI 2.1 experience.

Playstation is playing it safe. Thus, we get this hard limit. And based on TechnoDad's latest video, Sony is right to do it. Because the cable bundled with the PS5 sometimes fail 3 times out of the 10 times that he ran the cable test with. Imagine the amount of bad press they will get when some people complain they can't get to take advantage of HDMI 2.1 while others can. So to play it safe, use some weird bandwidth number such as 32Gbps to ensure that its cables can run in most of the TVs out there before enabling the full bandwidth and the features.
You can watch the many HDMI cable including Xbox and PS5 OEM cables test in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0kcsFXGPUg

Got a picture of the screen diagnostic? What to look out for.
If what you says works, then I would use back my HDMI 2.0 trunking. Currently the HDMI 2.1 cable sticking out.
Do you have a CX or C9? If on the CX, just press the green button at the bottom of your remote many times. You will get a special diagnostic display that tells you what the PS5 is outputting at.

You can refer to HDTVTest's video. His showing of the HDMI diagnostic menu is the same as mine which you can see on the 6m49s mark. Plus, he tests several cables here too.

tomb, d5dude and kelvinsin like this.

Last edited by LiLAsN; 22-11-2020 at 12:11 AM..
LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 11:40 PM   #3456

Hi, any retailer is up for pre-order now or soon? Thanks.
Natediazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 12:15 AM   #3457

Just finished Spider-Man Miles Morales. Awesome game. Great soundtrack, amazing graphics and amazing story too. Can't wait for Spider-Man 2 on the PS5.

Now back to Assassin's Creed Valhalla and later on, Call of Duty campaign. Have to finish these games before my time will be consumed by delving into the world of Cyberpunk 2077 in December.

Hope you guys are having fun gaming too be it on the current PS4, PS5, Xbox or PC.
Old 22-11-2020, 12:19 AM   #3458

Super cool video to see the PS5 DualSense controller's adaptive triggers being utilized in Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War. Sure makes the pull of the trigger seem so cool and it changes for each weapon too!

https://www.facebook.com/GAMINGbible...77992978897979

Last edited by LiLAsN; 22-11-2020 at 12:28 AM..
Old 22-11-2020, 12:39 AM   #3459
Master Member

Just finished Spider-Man Miles Morales. Awesome game. Great soundtrack, amazing graphics and amazing story too. Can't wait for Spider-Man 2 on the PS5.

Now back to Assassin's Creed Valhalla and later on, Call of Duty campaign. Have to finish these games before my time will be consumed by delving into the world of Cyberpunk 2077 in December.

Hope you guys are having fun gaming too be it on the current PS4, PS5, Xbox or PC.
No worry, tiagong cyberpunk 2077 will only be released on 2077... So u got plenty of time...XD
LiLAsN likes this.
XseanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 01:59 AM   #3460

Hi all,

Managed to preorder a standard edition ps5 from TOG today... however only standard edition in stock even though I really want the digital one

Anyone wants to trade your digital edition + $130 for my standard edition?

Supposedly receiving on mid Dec
Hy_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 02:40 AM   #3461

Just received a message from Sony to place my order so most probably gonna go with Sony along with the accessories.

However, I already placed an order with a retail shop. Whoever interested to takeover this order from me, feel free to PM me.
kenneth_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 02:46 AM   #3462

Just received a message from Sony to place my order so most probably gonna go with Sony along with the accessories.

However, I already placed an order with a retail shop. Whoever interested to takeover this order from me, feel free to PM me.
Just Pmed you, cheers buddy
liquid_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 03:23 AM   #3463

Anyone got any idea what happened to the Duelsense charging station? Been trying to get one
Boiijek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 03:39 AM   #3464
Master Member

Anyone got any idea what happened to the Duelsense charging station? Been trying to get one
Me too, so far this item is scarce like an unicorn in the wild. Btw, anyone got recommendation for 3rd party alternative? Preferably similar to Sony one where the controller is sitting upright and easy to drop in.
XseanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 06:00 AM   #3465

Hi all,

Managed to preorder a standard edition ps5 from TOG today... however only standard edition in stock even though I really want the digital one

Anyone wants to trade your digital edition + $130 for my standard edition?

Supposedly receiving on mid Dec
Pm u. Cheers
SWQ1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.