HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Playstation 5

Like Tree552Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2020, 06:54 AM   #3466

Anyone got any idea what happened to the Duelsense charging station? Been trying to get one
ya Im looking for one too. Asked the gameshop staff when I collect my PS5 n he says they been trying to get the stock in n he canít cfm when available
eslayer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 07:26 AM   #3467

Same here. It's annoying having to manually plug the cable in and leaving the controller charged in a random place.
Was asking around but most stores don't have it too. As for 3rd party, Amazon has it but ships from overseas. So have to wait. For those prices though, I'd rather have an official one.

On a side note, thank goodness, indeed, VRR will come in a future update as well as possible higher bandwidth unlock from the current 32Gbps to 40Gbps since 8K requires a minimum of 40.1Gbps to achieve 8K 60Hz at 10-bit 4:2:0 uncompressed.
This means that we will potentially be able to get 4K 120Hz at 10-bit 4:4:4 support too.

Using DSC (display stream compression) will help lower the bandwidth to meet the current 32Gbps firmware limitation that PS5 imposes. However, it will introduce lag due to having to compress on one end and decompress on the other end. So not ideal for 8K Gaming. So let's hope it really is Sony enabling the full 40Gbps that the HDMI 2.1 port on the PS5 is able to do.

This is all stated officially on the newly updated PS5 FAQ page here.
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11...-ultimate-faq/
d5dude and kelvinsin like this.
LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 07:34 AM   #3468

Anyone preordered from Gamemartz physical previously? How are they managing the stocks... I preordered with $200 but was told may not have it fulfilled on Dec... although this preorder is for Dec batch...
ConsoleSquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 08:58 AM   #3469

I have some questions. I'm currently using q75r tv. This tv should be using hdmi2.0b.

I've been facing with some slight stutter while play fifa.

For audio was I hope to use dolby digital, it seems to be producing better sound with my hw-q90r sound bar, but also having latency with it.

Can the cause be due to my tv not being hdmi2.1? Or perhaps of the hdmi cable I'm using? Not using the original one as I requires a longer one for my tv console
darkevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 09:25 AM   #3470

Just received a message from Sony to place my order so most probably gonna go with Sony along with the accessories.

However, I already placed an order with a retail shop. Whoever interested to takeover this order from me, feel free to PM me.
Sony contacted you is it that time you left you name at Sony shop? 😊
zacky1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 09:29 AM   #3471

I have some questions. I'm currently using q75r tv. This tv should be using hdmi2.0b.

I've been facing with some slight stutter while play fifa.

For audio was I hope to use dolby digital, it seems to be producing better sound with my hw-q90r sound bar, but also having latency with it.

Can the cause be due to my tv not being hdmi2.1? Or perhaps of the hdmi cable I'm using? Not using the original one as I requires a longer one for my tv console
could you record a video on this matter? would like to see the issue...
HiHelloBye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 09:29 AM   #3472

Anyone got any idea what happened to the Duelsense charging station? Been trying to get one
its not available due whole batch got the wrong country adaptor shipped out. So have to wait.
Tukatuz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 09:30 AM   #3473

its not available due whole batch got the wrong country adaptor shipped out. So have to wait.
how you know? source?
Old 22-11-2020, 09:31 AM   #3474

Same here. It's annoying having to manually plug the cable in and leaving the controller charged in a random place.
Was asking around but most stores don't have it too. As for 3rd party, Amazon has it but ships from overseas. So have to wait. For those prices though, I'd rather have an official one.

On a side note, thank goodness, indeed, VRR will come in a future update as well as possible higher bandwidth unlock from the current 32Gbps to 40Gbps since 8K requires a minimum of 40.1Gbps to achieve 8K 60Hz at 10-bit 4:2:0 uncompressed.
This means that we will potentially be able to get 4K 120Hz at 10-bit 4:4:4 support too.

Using DSC (display stream compression) will help lower the bandwidth to meet the current 32Gbps firmware limitation that PS5 imposes. However, it will introduce lag due to having to compress on one end and decompress on the other end. So not ideal for 8K Gaming. So let's hope it really is Sony enabling the full 40Gbps that the HDMI 2.1 port on the PS5 is able to do.

This is all stated officially on the newly updated PS5 FAQ page here.
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11...-ultimate-faq/
i wonder when is the update going to be released
Old 22-11-2020, 09:33 AM   #3475

how you know? source?
Someone here posted this info
Tukatuz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 09:41 AM   #3476

Anyone preordered from Gamemartz physical previously? How are they managing the stocks... I preordered with $200 but was told may not have it fulfilled on Dec... although this preorder is for Dec batch...
dun get your hopes high though.
even those tat po in oct 2nd batch might not even get in dec
i already regret po there liao in oct, they open po but cant
confirm stocks whereby other shops have can fulfill theirs
hopefully i will get in dec if not sianz see everybody get theirs

Last edited by anhiuyon; 22-11-2020 at 09:53 AM..
anhiuyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 09:55 AM   #3477
Master Member

I want to buy ps5 but didnít pre-order. So where can I buy the ps5 now in Singapore ?

Thanks
ryan_khoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 10:05 AM   #3478
Master Member

I want to buy ps5 but didnít pre-order. So where can I buy the ps5 now in Singapore ?

Thanks
carousell...prepare to pay more than the normal retail price fyi

WIZ*ONE and UJUNG
Trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 10:07 AM   #3479
Master Member

dun get your hopes high though.
even those tat po in oct 2nd batch might not even get in dec
i already regret po there liao in oct, they open po but cant
confirm stocks whereby other shops have can fulfill theirs
hopefully i will get in dec if not sianz see everybody get theirs
PO just go to those "bigger reputation stores", those stores probably will get prioritize first.

WIZ*ONE and UJUNG
Trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 10:09 AM   #3480
Honorary Member

Whats wrong with HN?
They asked me down to collect on launch day, then day before they cancelled it said wrongly called me and told me will confirm on Friday. I get no calls n told me have to wait. Ask wait till when they gave no indications.
Beta_Tester is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.