[Official] Playstation 5

mliolukiye

Reaction score
@mliolukiye

2 mins of footage were leaked earlier this month. Glimpse of horseback riding/combat in an open environment, Souls-style melee combat & fire breathing dragon.

May include features which are missing in Sekiro, such as PvP & online multiplayer. New weather system. Standard character creation/class system will also be included.

Thank you for sharing! 😁 Looks like a "more-features" Souls-style game.

I even saw "stealth" at 0:35 and "character jumping" at 1:20. I know Bloodborne has jumping if you tap the "roll" button while holding down the directional button. I'm sure Demon's Souls doesn't have it, not sure about other Dark Souls titles though. Horseback riding suggests long distance traversing in an open-world game, but please , no repetition of similar side-quests (I experienced that in GoT, a bit mundane. More or less all open world games right? Sigh.) I'm hoping for new and interesting features/mechanics to be revealed in the future.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
Anyway is the drifiting for controller issue really that bad? Joycon was quite bad for me.
To be honest, I have never encountered that before which I am thankful for, not really a widespread problem I think? Else many here would have spoken of it. I think MORE people are complaining about the L1R1, L2 R2 triggers breaking issue though, as seen here. I play gently, so perhaps didn't encounter that issue also. I only experienced a few times (drifting) for my DS4, OG PS4.

What are some of the issues we all face when using our PS5s?

For me so far:
- Awakened from Rest mode then I Shut Down, but will Restart (when I didn't select it). Shut Down 2nd time then okay. Not sure if its some settings or what, need to troubleshoot, cos I don't think its the PS5.

Last edited:

hazardous

Reaction score

My humble suggestion is wait lor.

Finally had a chance to set up my ps5 last night. Felt a rush of excitement when opening up the box, carefully brought out the PS5, installed the stand (which doesn't really clip onto the ps5 very well btw), lay down the ps5 in the horizontal position, insert usb c to controller, and finally turned it on for the first time.

After the usual system updates and setup, I REALIZE GOT NO GAMES TO PLAY. lol.

Tried ghost of tsushima (i still have my ps4 games). There is a noticeable improvement from playing on pspro, but nothing to shout out la. better framerate, smoother graphics. Got bored very fast as I already finished the game on pro previously. Didn't bother trying out my other ps4 games. I have ps+ since 2015, so there is quite a huge library of games.

Wanted to try something new, so I played the astro game that came with the ps5. It's more of a tech showpiece to show the functionality of the new controller. Wife said I crazy, spend so much $$ just to play a game that is so meh.

I think whats lacking from the ps5 launch (apart from the extreme lack of units) is an AAA PS5 exclusive game that pushes people to really want to play. I remember when I bought my ps1,ps2, ps4 I was hooked the moment I started. Also, my tv is a LG from 2017/2018 so don't have hdmi 2.1 to try the new 120fps gameplay.

In summary, I would say just wait. really no point getting the ps5 at this moment especially from scalpers.

Sorry for the long post!!

edm_11

Reaction score

Finally had a chance to set up my ps5 last night. Felt a rush of excitement when opening up the box, carefully brought out the PS5, installed the stand (which doesn't really clip onto the ps5 very well btw), lay down the ps5 in the horizontal position, insert usb c to controller, and finally turned it on for the first time.

Tried ghost of tsushima (i still have my ps4 games). There is a noticeable improvement from playing on pspro, but nothing to shout out la. better framerate, smoother graphics. Got bored very fast as I already finished the game on pro previously. Didn't bother trying out my other ps4 games. I have ps+ since 2015, so there is quite a huge library of games.

Wanted to try something new, so I played the astro game that came with the ps5. It's more of a tech showpiece to show the functionality of the new controller. Wife said I crazy, spend so much $$ just to play a game that is so meh.

I think whats lacking from the ps5 launch (apart from the extreme lack of units) is an AAA PS5 exclusive game that pushes people to really want to play. I remember when I bought my ps1,ps2, ps4 I was hooked the moment I started. Also, my tv is a LG from 2017/2018 so don't have hdmi 2.1 to try the new 120fps gameplay.

In summary, I would say just wait. really no point getting the ps5 at this moment especially from scalpers.

Great post bro

Agree on most part to wait but the shiny new toy is always hard to resist. Would love to try out cold war and spider man though. But yeah. Just got a new tv Samsung q95 so keen to try it out. But no luck so far getting a set. Lowest i saw on the resale mkt is $850

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great post bro

Agree on most part to wait but the shiny new toy is always hard to resist. Would love to try out cold war and spider man though. But yeah. Just got a new tv Samsung q95 so keen to try it out. But no luck so far getting a set. Lowest i saw on the resale mkt is $850
I feel like with the speed the prices are dropping, probably end of April might be very close to retail. Will probably be still hard to buy, almost non in store, but probably mid 700 to 800 at that time.

Last week the restocks seem like quite a decent sized batch for all the retailers.

I managed to get one for my brother, in Singapore. I'm personally currently based in Jakarta, so still waiting for the restock here, disc sets is going for about 1.1k here still. But SRP for disc is $820 anyway.

green_day_er

Reaction score

LOL same exact experience here with an LG OLED 2017 as well. Received yest morning, unboxed and set up at night. But only played Astro. Just installed COD, hope the campaign is good.

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I've just received my official PS5 headset pulse which I placed an order via COURTS.
The sound quality is good, enable the 3D audio surround as well, can really listen to movements and sounds coming all round.
Tried using it for music, the sound quality is good too. I suppose SONY makes good headphones for music for all of their headphones line-up.
The ear cup is very comfortable, my ears was fully covered up.
Only issue was the buttons on the left cup, too many buttons, need to occasionally remove the headset to see the correct button to press.
Did some test on the mic quality, sounds good and decent, voice is clear and crisp.

Amuroraysg

Master Member
Reaction score
I feel like with the speed the prices are dropping, probably end of April might be very close to retail. Will probably be still hard to buy, almost non in store, but probably mid 700 to 800 at that time.

Last week the restocks seem like quite a decent sized batch for all the retailers.

I managed to get one for my brother, in Singapore. I'm personally currently based in Jakarta, so still waiting for the restock here, disc sets is going for about 1.1k here still. But SRP for disc is $820 anyway.
lucky still can refund my extra set.. it seem stock getting more frequent.. slowly by mid year pretty much all furfilled le.. worse case i might have to sell mine at a loss just to get rid of it..

AngmohTurenne

Reaction score
I don't really get how people can say there are no games to play considering the library of the PS4, along with games like Spiderman: Miles Morales, Sackboy, Demon's Souls plus all the games that have been patched to PS5. My backlog is endless.

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lucky still can refund my extra set.. it seem stock getting more frequent.. slowly by mid year pretty much all furfilled le.. worse case i might have to sell mine at a loss just to get rid of it..

Not digital right? If digital I don't mind to ship it to Jakarta lol.

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I diligently clear my backlog.. so I have no games to play now..
Completed almost every nice game
Except every "soul"-like game by FromSoftware
i dont like games that is super difficult and make u replay all over again if you die

dont have a PS5 because nothing to play if I get it

now playing PS4 Ratchet & Clank 2016.. free download

https://psnprofiles.com/daniel_tangsc

saintx3

Reaction score
Tbh PS5 isn’t hard to get anymore...? Had literally 3 calls for 3 diff ps5s for the past few months but let them all go as I have gotten one. As long you placed you interest since nov/Dec, u should have gotten it by now

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tbh PS5 isn’t hard to get anymore...? Had literally 3 calls for 3 diff ps5s for the past few months but let them all go as I have gotten one. As long you placed you interest since nov/Dec, u should have gotten it by now

Unless they unlucky to order with HN. Apparently since Oct until now haven't deliver, paid full somemore.

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i registered with 313 sony in early dec, still no news

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.